• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

I feel like we're getting around the number of BW so maybe 15ish maybe.
As for Grook, I see it as a "Bunny Ears Lawyer" where it comes off as comical but is a badass in battle.
Having something like Grass Knot can go a long way

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
Gosh I couldn't remember who Fennel was even though her name sounded familiar. I know she wasn't an important character in Unova but I wonder if she's a candidate to return in the future?

While I don't care for her much one way or another, I suppose that her returning would give us some more Dream World stuff even if it's not a feature that's accessible in the games anymore. I want to see several other Isshu characters instead, but Makomo isn't so bad.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
You seem to think that every Pokemon is marketable/generates revenue, they don't. There is no incentive to give Ash 20+ captures since the majority of the Pokemon people are listing aren't actually that marketable.

Almost any Pokemon can be marketable if they push it hard enough. You're really underestimating the power of the marketing team..

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
Chandelure is the most popular Unova Pokémon, Zoroark is also popular as is Salamance since it has made an appearance in almost every series, Tyranitar, Flygon, Metagross, Gardevoir, Blaziken, Ageislash, Absol are just a few that are popular and marketable enough to end up on Ash’s team same with Eevee, Umbreon, Espeon

I think he's saying that some Pokemon are more popular than others, so even if Satoshi were to get ones like Zoroark, Bohmander, Flygon, Bangiras, etc. the writers are still likely to show their bias towards Pikachu and eventually Lucario since Pikachu's the series mascot and Lucario is the second most popular Pokemon.

D

Deleted member 384931

For being research fellows they didnt do much real pokemon research yet except the Beautifly and the Dragonite.

Durrendal

It's not like Ash literally became Champion to begin with thanks to the help of an Unevolved Mon or anything.

Oh wait-!
Ash_2362af_6823408.gif

This idea that Ash must have only fully evolved Pokémon on his team in PWC isn't exactly a completely accurate one. The writers can do whatever they want.

And this is coming from someone who prefers evolutions over staying in their base stages.
Yeah and no one takes the Alola League seriously. The whole thing was more like an exhibition League filled with subpar trainers with much less experience than Ash. Hardly something akin to PWC.

And the particular match in question was the most pathetic thing I've seen in Pokémon. The writers had to use so much bs for only one reason: to try make the base stage's win believable, and I don't really think anyone bought it.

The amount of Deus ex machina needed to be employed by writers in Alola League were simply mind numbingly stupid. If they do that for PWC and apparently strongest trainers around, lmao @The build up they're attempting for PWC. Imagine Ash pulling same **** like he pulled with Hau while battling one of the 8.

Unevolved crap Mons are fine for kiddie trial leagues like Alola, not PWC. The writers sure can make Sobble win against Eternatus, Zacian, Zamazenta and three Lugias because they got distracted by Sobble's Arceus cosplay and the power of unlimited all out vortex crying activated by Ash-Sobble Mega Z Gigantamax, but will that be believable? Nah.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
Most of ash's aces are fully evolved mons. They tend to be stronger than ash's non evolved mons (except peakachu). Everyone knows the disaster that happens when ash has a party of non-evolved mons like in unova. Chaizard,sceptile,infernape,greninja,incineroar(i consider him stronger than rowlett coz he beat the strongest non legend in alola),krookodile are all fully evolved. Charizard beating the likes of legendary is still believable rather than bulbasaur and rowlett both of which had the biggest plot armor that any of ash's pokemon had. I honestly felt sorry for hau as his badass archer pokemon lost to the likes of an everstone bird who slept during the match and god knows how can it be so fast to avoid that z move in time.

ShinyCharyZard

Most of ash's aces are fully evolved mons. They tend to be stronger than ash's non evolved mons (except peakachu). Everyone knows the disaster that happens when ash has a party of non-evolved mons like in unova. Chaizard,sceptile,infernape,greninja,incineroar(i consider him stronger than rowlett coz he beat the strongest non legend in alola),krookodile are all fully evolved. Charizard beating the likes of legendary is still believable rather than bulbasaur and rowlett both of which had the biggest plot armor that any of ash's pokemon had. I honestly felt sorry for hau as his badass archer pokemon lost to the likes of an everstone bird who slept during the match and god knows how can it be so fast to avoid that z move in time.

Regardless you can't undermine the feats of others, purely because you personally believe that the fully evolved Pokemon did better. Rowlet STILL took out its final form, Bulbasaur STILL took out multiple fully evolved Pokemon, including those of a Frontier Brain, Gible STILL took out most of Conway's team and was considered strong enough by Ash to be used against Darkrai, even managing to land one or two super effective hits, which actually takes away from Sceptile's eventual victory a little. Squirtle, Corphish, Buizel, Cyndaquil (at the time).. they all proved to be fairly powerful Pokemon..

Just because you believe that Pokemon should evolve to be taken seriously, doesn't mean that they never do well in their base stages. The only Pokemon who really suffered were those in BW and that was poor writing more than anything, especially when you consider that Snivy had already been previously trained to a really high level when captured..

nickdt

You are forgetting Lycanroc and Talonflame (They were aces as well).

Aren't we forgeting someone?

In all these talks about Ash going to catch plenty of pokemons.

The writer specifically create a protagonist whose speciality is catching: Go

They don't need Ash to catch a lot

You are forgetting Lycanroc and Talonflame (They were aces as well).
No, they are not.

ShinyCharyZard

No, they are not.

Sorry, but in what world wasn't Talonflame an ace within its team? Admittedly it was part of a team that all performed really well at one point or another (except for one big and reliable guy), but it was definitely up there as probably the most impressive team member in XY who couldn't digivolve..

Cptnmac1

Except most of his capture mean nothing. How many of his Pokemon have had a role outside of background character in an episode other than the food one? Goh might be capturing a lot of Pokemon, but their appearing to the point where the vast majority of his captures don't mean anything.

Ash uses his Pokemon pretty constantly, we see him training them and battling with them. I don't blame people for wanting ash to catch some of their favorite Pokemon as he'll actually use them instead of them appearing in the background every once in awhile

ShadowForce720

No, they are not.

Just because Go’s specialty is catching doesn’t mean that Ash can’t catch a lot of Pokémon as well, as there are over 800+ Pokémon so there is plenty to spilt between Ash and Go.

Go was not created to limit the amount of Pokémon that Ash catches. Plus before Ash got Dragonite some people we’re trying to make the argue that Ash did need to catch any past gen Pokémon because they could just give them to goal.

And then some people went even further and tried to say that Ash didn’t need to get any new captures because he had reserves and they can show off the other Pokémon with Go.

And yet neither of those arguments prevented Ash from catching some past gen Pokémon.

So, no, Go’s goal of catching every Pokémon does not prevent Ash from getting a lot of captures.

nickdt

No, they are not.

Yes they are.

Talonflame did more in the badge quest than the rest of the Kalos mons combined (Ergo: ace)
Lycanroc did more than Torracat before the league was well.
Technically, you can call Glalie an ace as well, since it outperformed the rest of the Hoenn team during the league (So it was the league ace).

Sorry, but in what world wasn't Talonflame an ace within its team? Admittedly it was part of a team that all performed really well at one point or another (except for one big and reliable guy), but it was definitely up there as probably the most impressive team member in XY who couldn't digivolve..
So what is Talonflame's achievement?

I won't consider pokemon that faint in 1 hit against Lysandre's Mega Gyarados as ace.

Yes they are.

Talonflame did more in the badge quest than the rest of the Kalos mons combined (Ergo: ace)
Lycanroc did more than Torracat before the league was well.
Technically, you can call Glalie an ace as well, since it outperformed the rest of the Hoenn team during the league (So it was the league ace).
Badge count is not valid measurement. Talonflame join first and used more often.
Technically, you can call Glalie an ace as well, since it outperformed the rest of the Hoenn team during the league (So it was the league ace)
Seems like ace label have been discounted. Just because the others are bad, doesn't mean the best of them = ace.
Just because Go’s specialty is catching doesn’t mean that Ash can’t catch a lot of Pokémon as well
Let time answer it, how many more pokemons you predict Ash will catch this year?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So what is Talonflame's achievement?
Did you even watch the XY series? It did more crap than Greninja ever did especially in the Kalos gym challenging. It unfortunately got the shaft after Greninja especially Ash-Greninja became a thing for Ash, it was the original ace.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ibelinssj said:

I've said this before as well. I don't mind the idea of a few reserves, but the scenarios that others have come up with about Satoshi catching around 20 Pokemon in this series are rather unreasonable from my viewpoint. The writers could barely rotate a dozen Pokemon on his BW team before their favoritism of Waruvial took over, so I'm not sure how they could be expected to handle almost double that amount. And given Satoshi's recent trend of focusing on Riolu's training while seemingly neglecting the others for the time being, I find the idea of him properly rotating 20 Pokemon even more ludicrous.

Did you even watch the XY series? It did more crap than Greninja ever did especially in the Kalos gym challenging. It unfortunately got the shaft after Greninja especially Ash-Greninja became a thing for Ash, it was the original ace.
Plenty of times, my favorite series. So in the middle, Talonflame was dethroned from being the best in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.