• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So what is Talonflame's achievement?

I won't consider pokemon that faint in 1 hit against Lysandre's Mega Gyarados as ace.

Talonflame was used in 6/8 gyms where it put in a ton of work each time. It defeated it's final form after only just evolving into a Fletchinder. It went up against a Moltres, withstanding it's attacks and evolving in the process. It starred alongside Frogadier against Olympia and defeated Sawyer's Slaking in the league. It withstood a 4x effective Stone Edge from a Mega Gyarados, requiring a further Dragon Tail to knock it out afterwards, making your argument about Mega Gyarados a moot point.

Talonflame was an impressive Pokemon and did more than enough throughout its journey to be considered an ace within the team..

Illusio

No words, only rage
I feel a rotation would go over better then BW. We don't have starters to worry about (yet) to keep slots and the only one who could permanently take a slot would be Lucario. That's four slots you can rotate Pokemon with, and since we have a hub the others can still pop in and get attention.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I've said this before as well. I don't mind the idea of a few reserves, but the scenarios that others have come up with about Satoshi catching around 20 Pokemon in this series are rather unreasonable from my viewpoint. The writers could barely rotate a dozen Pokemon on his BW team before their favoritism of Waruvial took over, so I'm not sure how they could be expected to handle almost double that amount. And given Satoshi's recent trend of focusing on Riolu's training while seemingly neglecting the others for the time being, I find the idea of him properly rotating 20 Pokemon even more ludicrous.
Well how about I try to contradict that a bit, half of Ash's captures in BW were very questionable, mainly due to the writers apparently wanting to have the BW series be like the OS series. But in the end, they couldn't do it cause marketing got the better of them. Another thing to note is that people always overlook the fact that Ash was always on the move in the region he was in while in this series, he isn't travelling in Galar like he would've normally done in past series, he like in Alola, had a home base, so rotation will very likely be much easier unlike in BW. And another thing is that Ash's captures in this series are mainly based on marketability which we can narrow down the potential captures for Ash to be only a few dozen. Not just some random thing they decide to just put in. Bias will still be a thing but it'll likely not be as high as in BW.

Last edited:
It withstood a 4x effective Stone Edge from a Mega Gyarados, requiring a further Dragon Tail to knock it out afterwards, making your argument about Mega Gyarados a moot point.
False.

Talonflame is hit by Stone Edge.

Mega Charizard X capture it.

Mega Gyarados hit Mega Charizard X with Dragon Tail.

It is too late though as Talonflame is already fainted. No indication that Talonflame is still conscious after being hit by Stone Edge.

Just so you know, I have just rewatched the episode.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Gosh I couldn't remember who Fennel was even though her name sounded familiar. I know she wasn't an important character in Unova but I wonder if she's a candidate to return in the future?

Fennel's the girl with the Munna right? I can't remember her doing anything major but I do remember the Archen episode a little bit. Makes me sad that Ash never got one but I didn't think that Fennel girl was anything special.

nickdt

False.

It is too late though as Talonflame is already fainted. No indication that Talonflame is still conscious after being hit by Stone Edge.

No swirly eyes for Talonflame, so it didn't faint (Meaning it did withstand it).

ShadowForce720

False.

Except there was no indication that Stone Edge caused Talonflame to faint. So that would indicate that it likely survived the Stone Edge and got knocked out by the Dragon Tail, because that was the last thing it got hit by before we got confirmation that it was knocked out.

No swirly eyes for Talonflame, so it didn't faint (Meaning it did withstand it).
LoL

Eyes closed, no longer move and Ash have to pick it with his own hand, yet still don't move even a bit. That is even worse than fainting. When Ash come near his fainted pokemon, usually they will regain consciousness.

because that was the last thing it got hit by before we got confirmation that it was knocked out.
Mega Charizard X head is the one that got hit.

Can you two argue whether Talonflame faint or not? I have one person here claim no fainting even after Dragon Tail because no swirly eye and one person claim fainting.

I will just go to sleep until both of you sorted that difference.

ShadowForce720

LoL

Eyes closed, no longer move and Ash have to pick it with his own hand, yet still don't move even a bit. That is even worse than fainting. When Ash come near his fainted pokemon, usually they will regain consciousness.

By this logic Greninja was in the same boat as there was any evidence to say it was conscious either until after they were hit by the Dragon Tail.

The only indication of who fainted and who didn’t was after they got hit by Dragon Tail and we saw that Talonflame got knocked out however that is not evidence towards Talonflame being knocked out by Stone Edge.

Because we only got confirmation that Talonflame was knocked out after getting hit by Dragon Tail it means we can only assume that it was knocked out by Dragon Tail and not Stone Edge.

Trying to say otherwise is just trying to put personal head canon above what actually happened.

D

Deleted member 384931

Why are we discussing all these unrelated things? What does it add to the discussion of this series?

Ultra Beast Lover

Fennel's the girl with the Munna right? I can't remember her doing anything major but I do remember the Archen episode a little bit. Makes me sad that Ash never got one but I didn't think that Fennel girl was anything special.
Yeah, Fennel is the one with the Munna, not that it matters. You can literally replace her with a standard background character and get the same results. Her only role was getting Iris and Ash to stick together.

nickdt

Do you think Go will capture anything in tomorrow’s episode?

Only answer can be yes or no, since its pointless to speculate which Pokemon Go will get next.

My own answer is no, since he and Ash will most likely be occupied with getting Pikachu and Mr. Mime back.
One possibility however, is that he catches Pokemon off-screen when Ash is fighting the PWC match with Riolu.

Sidagam

The only unevolved Pokemon I will accept going up against Elite 4 teams and Champion teams and winning are Pikachu and Bulbasaur. Anyone else would get wrekt.

Rowlet beating Decidueye was b******t and you all know it.

How dare anyone question Talonflames prowess. That thing put in so much work. It battled in every gym battle except v Clemont. Including both rematches.

As for Ash and unevolved mons this series, I really don't see it. Sure it could happen, if the writers want to make someone out to be special or whatever, but it feels like any capture Ash is going to make this series is either going to be fully evolved or will evolve. This isn't the Alola league where anyone with 2 pokemon (even though that makes no sense) and who hasn't completed any kind of prerequisites can enter, this is the Pokemon World Cup. Those upper classes are going to be stacked with Champions and Elite 4 members. Rowlet and Gible aren't going to cut it

PsychoLogical

The only unevolved Pokemon I will accept going up against Elite 4 teams and Champion teams and winning are Pikachu and Bulbasaur. Anyone else would get wrekt.

How dare anyone question Talonflames prowess. That thing put in so much work. It battled in every gym battle except v Clemont. Including both rematches.

As for Ash and unevolved mons this series, I really don't see it. Sure it could happen, if the writers want to make someone out to be special or whatever, but it feels like any capture Ash is going to make this series is either going to be fully evolved or will evolve. This isn't the Alola league where anyone with 2 pokemon (even though that makes no sense) and who hasn't completed any kind of prerequisites can enter, this is the Pokemon World Cup. Those upper classes are going to be stacked with Champions and Elite 4 members. Rowlet and Gible aren't going to cut it
You should say it louder for people in the back since they don't seem to understand. Rowlet can also be an exception tho at an extent due to its marketability which prevents it from evolving.

Red and Blue

I could see Ash winning against E4 members with Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and possibly Eevee if he catches one

dman_dustin

1. Rowlet is super effective against Decidueye so by that alone, no.

2. What made the battle terrible was JUST the fact Rowlet was assumed to have fainted, Ash lost, and then we had to have the whole Hala intervention. I still think it would've been better if everyone thought Rowlet was knocked out only for Rowlet to be flying above chirping like "What do you mean I'm right here" I didn't like the "sleep/gag" they did. It's one of the few things I disliked about Ash's Rowlet, and why it should've evolved, but everyone made it too popular because of memes and thus of course it wasn't going to evolve.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:
Yeah, Fennel is the one with the Munna, not that it matters. You can literally replace her with a standard background character and get the same results. Her only role was getting Iris and Ash to stick together.

I agree, and I'd rather see someone like Bel or Araragi-hakase return than Makomo. Not that those other two characters are likely to return either, but I could sort of understand why they'd return since one is a regional professor and the other is the closest thing to a female rival that Satoshi has had.

PsychoLogical

1. Rowlet is super effective against Decidueye so by that alone, no.

2. What made the battle terrible was JUST the fact Rowlet was assumed to have fainted, Ash lost, and then we had to have the whole Hala intervention. I still think it would've been better if everyone thought Rowlet was knocked out only for Rowlet to be flying above chirping like "What do you mean I'm right here" I didn't like the "sleep/gag" they did. It's one of the few things I disliked about Ash's Rowlet, and why it should've evolved, but everyone made it too popular because of memes and thus of course it wasn't going to evolve.
If Rowlet didn’t look like what it is, it would’ve likely evolved. But instead it just served as the comic relief and became the cute mascot of SM due to it’s strong marketability. And the fact that the writers decided to turn it into a meme with the amount of ridiculous faces it does from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.