• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Ibrahim Saidu

Honestly, I think two things can happen: Go decides to do Misty/Brock and to travel with Ash in next region and in Gen 9 girl(Gen 9 protag) can tag along. Or Go can simply leave in 2022 or even 2023 after Gen 8 is done. Honestly, I feel first one will happen more than second one.
Disagree because as it stands now a lot of fans hates Goh because his goal doesn't make sense. What's the point of catching Pokemon when you don't use them in battles or even bond with them

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If we ever go back to Alola, I'd like to see Goh try to catch certain pokemon like the Island Guardians or the Ultra Beasts since it could be a good push in his development. While he's been leaving every pokemon he's caught in Cerise Park, and they all seem perfectly happy living there (most of the time), there will come a moment where Goh will try to catch a pokemon he just can't keep because either they're too dangerous, they want to stay where they are, or they're too important to the area.

By catching the Ultra Beasts or the Island Guardians, it would be a good way for Goh to realize that he can't keep every pokemon and starts releasing some of them after he catches them. It would teach Goh to think more about others' concerns than his own, he'd still achieve his goal since they'll still be registered to his pokedex, & it would take care of people complaining about how he's condemning so many pokemon to a life of slavery

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
If Ash or Chole gets or not a Fossil in ep 38 rather then Aerodactyl, what could it get?
  • Helix Fossil-Omanyte: Water Gun, Rollout, Ice Beam, Shell Smash
  • Dome Fossil-Kabuto: Aqua Jet, Mud Shot, Take Down
  • Root Fossil-Lileep: Confuse Ray, Bullet Seed, Brine, Solar Beam
  • Claw Fossil-Anorith: Water Gun, Bug Bite, Rock Slide, Crush Claw
  • Skull Fossil-Cranidos: Headbutt, Head Smash, Zen Headbutt, Fire Blast
  • Shield Fossil-Shieldon: Iron Defense, Stone Edge, Flash Cannon, Iron Head
  • Cover Fossil-Tirtouga: Bide, Brine, Ancient Power, Blizzard
  • Plume Fossil-Archen: Wing Attack, Dragon Breath, Steel Wing, Knock Off
  • Jaw Fossil-Tyrunt: Ancient Power, Dragon Claw, Thunder Fang, Rock Polish
  • Sail Fossil-Amaura: Icy Wind, Rock Throw, Aurora Beam, Frost Breath
They'll get none of these but just to humor you Ash would get the Plume fossil in an alternate universe and Chloe would get the Sail fossil because Amaura's kinda cute for her.

Master Pikachu 11

Hey guys, just noticed that on the poster there's a Charizard with a baby Charmander on it, do ya'll think Ash's Charizard might return with a kid lol??
The Charmander is most likely the same one that Professor Cerise offered to Goh to choose his own starter before Goh rejected the Kanto starters because he wanted to get Mew. So my guess is it’s the same one from that episode.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Disagree because as it stands now a lot of fans hates Goh because his goal doesn't make sense. What's the point of catching Pokemon when you don't use them in battles or even bond with them
To complete the Pokédex, which is something a lot of people do. I've got a Dusknoir in my Pokédex, but I've never and will never bother to use it.

Master Pikachu 11

If we ever go back to Alola, I'd like to see Goh try to catch certain pokemon like the Island Guardians or the Ultra Beasts since it could be a good push in his development. While he's been leaving every pokemon he's caught in Cerise Park, and they all seem perfectly happy living there (most of the time), there will come a moment where Goh will try to catch a pokemon he just can't keep because either they're too dangerous, they want to stay where they are, or they're too important to the area.

By catching the Ultra Beasts or the Island Guardians, it would be a good way for Goh to realize that he can't keep every pokemon and starts releasing some of them after he catches them. It would teach Goh to think more about others' concerns than his own, he'd still achieve his goal since they'll still be registered to his pokedex, & it would take care of people complaining about how he's condemning so many pokemon to a life of slavery
I highly doubt that Goh will catch either of them, first the Alola guardians should not be caught because they serve an important purpose which is to protect Alola from danger and second a lot of the UB are considered dangerous because of their dex entries and Goh would have to catch Guzzlord which would be even more dangerous and not likely to happen. Also Celesteela is too big to be caught in a Beast Ball so you can forget that one too. Goh is a collector and he is not interested in releasing or letting go of the Pokémon that he has caught just to complete his dex. If he was then he would have easily parted ways with Pinsir who he hasn’t done anything with since he captured her instead of going out of his way to catch another Pinsir in order to get Heracross.

Anyway, this is a different topic, but I really like the Alola episode. However, I felt the Kiawe vs Goh battle was underwhelming and was disappointed that Raboot didn’t evolve. So maybe it will evolve next episode. I was happy to see both Gengar and Farfetch’d make an appearance in this episode as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
They'll get none of these but just to humor you Ash would get the Plume fossil in an alternate universe and Chloe would get the Sail fossil because Amaura's kinda cute for her.
Koharu probably wouldn't get Amarus anyway due to the species needing to live in a cold environment, otherwise her Amarus would die. Not that I expect her or Satoshi to get new Pokemon in the next episode, regardless.

Ignition

Love when the mods can’t do their jobs properly
As much as I want to believe that they'll bring back reserves after today's episode, I still have doubts that they'll be seen outside of Oak's/Kukui's.

Hopefully we get to Lucario and Cinderace soon so we can get other Pokémon on the cast that I can care about lol

Illusio

If Ash or Chole gets or not a Fossil in ep 38 rather then Aerodactyl, what could it get?
  • Helix Fossil-Omanyte: Water Gun, Rollout, Ice Beam, Shell Smash
  • Dome Fossil-Kabuto: Aqua Jet, Mud Shot, Take Down
  • Root Fossil-Lileep: Confuse Ray, Bullet Seed, Brine, Solar Beam
  • Claw Fossil-Anorith: Water Gun, Bug Bite, Rock Slide, Crush Claw
  • Skull Fossil-Cranidos: Headbutt, Head Smash, Zen Headbutt, Fire Blast
  • Shield Fossil-Shieldon: Iron Defense, Stone Edge, Flash Cannon, Iron Head
  • Cover Fossil-Tirtouga: Bide, Brine, Ancient Power, Blizzard
  • Plume Fossil-Archen: Wing Attack, Dragon Breath, Steel Wing, Knock Off
  • Jaw Fossil-Tyrunt: Ancient Power, Dragon Claw, Thunder Fang, Rock Polish
  • Sail Fossil-Amaura: Icy Wind, Rock Throw, Aurora Beam, Frost Breath
If they were to get one. I want Ash to get either the Plume, Cover or Jaw fossils while Chloe could get the Sheidon or Sail fossils (and yes, I remember the cold weather condition, she still should get it).

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The only place I have seen people hate Go was on here and I doubt writers even know this place exists. I think Go is liked by many others outside this place.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
As much as I want to believe that they'll bring back reserves after today's episode, I still have doubts that they'll be seen outside of Oak's/Kukui's.
Even if we see the reserves at Okido-hakase's lab in this series, today's episode made me a bit cynical about how they'll likely be treated since it seems that the writers are content enough with showcasing reserves, but not doing much with them.