• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

I think Espeon makes the most sense for Ash. I always thought he should’ve gotten one back in Johto as a counterpart to Gary’s Umbreon.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I didn't want Ash to get any unevolved mons since he caught a Dragonite and I'm still pissed they not only decided to give him Riolu but also made it hatch from an egg. I hope they're not planning to make it an ace because it'd be unbelievable if it was able to beat E4 or Champion level Pokémon so fast.

To be fair, Riolu is a battle prodigy... He's like Sawyer but a mon... LOL...

Greninja is 95 vs 103. Attack is 92% of Sp. Attack.
Inteleon is 85 vs 125. Attack is 68% of Sp. Attack.
Considering the start spread don't you think Greninja should've been a mixed attacker?

I NEVER changed it, I never said he never plan, I said he fails miserably when he try to plan his strategy. Read again:
You did say it happens everytime yet there are times when his plans did work
Kind of reminds me of Cameron's Riolu more.

Ash-Greninja4life

After today’s episode, they’re back in Pallet town. Next weeks episode should have been Ash taking Goh to Professor oaks lab and showing him all his old Pokemon. I’m more than happy with an episode of Goh geeking out over Ash’s Pokemon, and Ash can even chose some people to bring back.

but instead we’re getting random Feebas filler

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
After today’s episode, they’re back in Pallet town. Next weeks episode should have been Ash taking Goh to Professor oaks lab and showing him all his old Pokemon. I’m more than happy with an episode of Goh geeking out over Ash’s Pokemon, and Ash can even chose some people to bring back.

Our last "hope" would probably be in the Hyper Class...

You did say it happens everytime yet there are times when his plans did work
It did not work, after using some plan, in the end, he always need to improvisize mid-battle.

Considering the start spread don't you think Greninja should've been a mixed attacker?
What do you mean? I clearly said that its attack is 92% of Special Attack which means almost balanced. Even in Smogon, Greninja's mixed attacker build exist.

Did you know that Nidoking have special attacker build despite its attack is higher? Its Sp. Attack is only 84% of its Attack.

I almost forgot that his Greninja is Ash-Greninja :D... it has near balanced 145 Attack vs 153 Sp. Attack.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Which is why I don't particularly care for it lol

Prodigy characters are rarely ever done right for me and the one's who actually are usually tend to have minimal presence in their series.

Main Character prodigies need to have some type of important flaw or else they might come off as Mary-Sueish (as much as I hate using to that term)

Applecorp

If Ash is retired from the anime (which I don't think will happen but some do), would that mean the end of team rocket? The trio follows Pikachu, and Pikachu is stuck to Ash.

Good question I think Jessie, James and Meowth would be forced to stay somehow like maybe the writers would have them seek another Pokemon once they lose their reason for hunting down Ash's Pikachu.

BlazingAsh

Ash showing Goh his Pokemon probably happened off-screen before next episode

Leonhart

Imagineer
BlazingAsh said:
Wonder if Mimey will stay at Pallet town.

Wasn't the whole point of Hanako leaving Barrierd with Satoshi for him to serve as Satoshi's caretaker since she's not able to look after him herself? I doubt that she'll take him back when he still has to fulfill his caretaker role.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ace-Barn said:
If Ash is retired from the anime (which I don't think will happen but some do), would that mean the end of team rocket? The trio follows Pikachu, and Pikachu is stuck to Ash.

Satoshi "retiring" isn't going to happen anytime soon, but just hypothetically speaking, I figure that the Rocket-dan would stop appearing since they'd no longer have a reason to appear. Of course, the writers could still find a way to keep them by introducing a new Pikachu that catches the Rocket-dan trio's interest for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.