• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Check out my Ash Team
Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch'd, Rillaboom, Tyranitar, Salamence, Flygon, Absol, Dunsparce, Latias, Rhyperior, Drapion, Lickilicky, Houndoom, Steelix, Solrock, Lunatone, Eevee, Aegislash, Aggron, Weavile, Corviknight, Aerodactyl, Alakazam

Yeah, no way this is happening, way to many Pokemon and some are just way to unrealistic, even for Ash's standards. I think we can eliminate Steelix by default (Brocks main Pokemon - which Dragonite wasn't for Iris). Too many Dragon types (Ash needs to stay the underdog against Leon). Solrock and Lunatone don't fit Ash and even if he would to get them, he would get only one, while Goh would get the other. Lickilicky i can't see happening either. I hope he is done with Kanto mons, since he has too many already, which means Aerodactyl and Alakazam are out (And so is Eevee if it doesn't evolve). I also can't see Ash getting a Houndoom, because its basically a Hellhound.

Another thing: I recently watched Ash's League match with Gladion back. The announcer said Ash has an aggressive battle style, if they keep up with that, Ash isn't getting any Pokemon that is a stationary tank, which instantly eliminates Aggron, Rhyperior and Rillaboom as well as Tyranitar to a lesser extent.

I think he gets 10/11 Pokemon tops. The rest will be filled up with reserves.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Geez some of you sure lowball your predictions for captures. I must be the only one here who has a prediction of between 13-18 captures in total where all of them are either based on popularity/marketability or Ash’s history with the species. As for reserves, the writers likely would bring back just the more popular reserves like Charizard and Greninja since they’re easier to use and bring back due to them already being fully evolved and cause marketability. Except for prob Gible (Garchomp’s very marketable and popular) which pretty much needs to be a Garchomp to even have any chance where they’ll likely evolve the thing offscreen or not in order for it to be used as Ash climbs.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Geez some of you sure lowball your predictions for captures. I must be the only one here who has a prediction of between 13-18 captures in total where all of them are either based on popularity/marketability or Ash’s history with the species. As for reserves, the writers likely would bring back just the more popular reserves like Charizard and Greninja since they’re easier to use and bring back due to them already being fully evolved and cause marketability. Except for prob Gible (Garchomp’s very marketable and popular) which pretty much needs to be a Garchomp to even have any chance where they’ll likely evolve the thing offscreen or not in order for it to be used as Ash climbs.

13-18 is too much i am predicting him to get 19-11 captures, since this series is kinda start of new beginning in a way just like OS kanto and BW.

Durrendal

Ash will have 11 Pokémon including any reserves he might bring back and excluding Mr. Mime in this series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DJinWonderland said:
My predictions for Ash team:

Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Rillaboom, Slowbro, Gengar, Dragonite, Mr Mime, Espeon, Tyranitar, Lucario, Sirfetch'd, Tapu Koko (temporarily).

I thought it be interesting if he had a fully evolved stater of each type from different generations. Maybe Incineroar instead of Charizard, but Charizard is more popular.

I also think Slowbro would be a good fit. It could be Kantonian or Galarian.

I also thought after the Alola League it would be cool if Tapu Koko temporarily joined Ash for the World Coronation Series.

I personally find it hard to believe that he'll get a Yadoran or any member of that evolutionary family in the future when we just had a Yadon-centric episode not too long ago, yet the writers apparently had no interest in adding a member of that evolutionary line to Satoshi's team at the time. And I'm sure that they were already aware of Galarian Yadoran's existence when they wrote that episode since they receive game info several months ahead of official announcements, so I don't think they'd go down the Galarian Yadoran route in the future either when they had the chance to showcase that species already but didn't for whatever reason.

PsychoLogical

13-18 is too much i am predicting him to get 19-11 captures, since this series is kinda start of new beginning in a way just like OS kanto and BW.
The “too much” excuse is getting old. The writers really don’t actually care about many they give to Ash. Rotation is far easier to do in Pokemon Journeys since unlike in OS Kanto and the infamous BW, he isn’t constantly on the move in a region and the fact that there was far stronger and heavier favoritism in BW which is used as the main argument regarding rotation which is a poor one while in Pokemon Journeys its not as much while still having it. Also half of Ash’s BW captures were just random and questionable due to the writers wanting to make the BW saga more like the OS which failed miserably.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I personally believe Ash will have enough mons for two full teams including mr mime and Pikachu. So I expect Ash to get 6 more mons in this series. Rest of the time spent developing them, evolving them and bringing back reserves. We don't need more than that anyway, I want proper focus for the ones we have. Quality over quantity

PsychoLogical

I personally believe Ash will have enough mons for two full teams including mr mime and Pikachu. So I expect Ash to get 6 more mons in this series. Rest of the time spent developing them, evolving them and bringing back reserves. We don't need more than that anyway, I want proper focus for the ones we have. Quality over quantity
One thing tho, the fully evolved captures don’t need alot of development. It’ll be nothing but a waste of time. Ones like Riolu and Galarian Farfetch’d absolutely need it however.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
One thing tho, the fully evolved captures don’t need alot of development. It’ll be nothing but a waste of time. Ones like Riolu and Galarian Farfetch’d absolutely need it however.
Gengar could absolutely get more development. Just because they are fully evolved doesn't mean they can't get development. I don't want them to be shafted just coz they are fully evolved, give them focus too. 12 mons would be enough for a series imo, esp if they wanna bring reserves back which I hope they do.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:

When you say reserves do you mean the ones that are currently at Okido-hakase's lab, the reserves that you think he'll capture in this series later on, or both? Because I don't really see how he would be able to use his current reserves on top of his current team and future new reserves without it becoming a logistics disaster. That sounds like an impossible thing for the writers to balance.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

That's what i think as well, around 10-11 plus pikachu would be good enough.

The “too much” excuse is getting old. The writers really don’t actually care about many they give to Ash. Rotation is far easier to do in Pokemon Journeys since unlike in OS Kanto and the infamous BW, he isn’t constantly on the move in a region and the fact that there was far stronger and heavier favoritism in BW which is used as the main argument regarding rotation which is a poor one while in Pokemon Journeys its not as much while still having it. Also half of Ash’s BW captures were just random and questionable due to the writers wanting to make the BW saga more like the OS which failed miserably.

Oh no i didn't say too much due to old reference, i think about 11 pokemon plus few old gen pokemon could happen, all pastreferences are useless at this point. Hopefully you are right i would like him to catch as many old pokemon which he should in previous regions but couldn't.

Ibrahim Saidu

Check out my Ash Team
Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch'd, Rillaboom, Tyranitar, Salamence, Flygon, Absol, Dunsparce, Latias, Rhyperior, Drapion, Lickilicky, Houndoom, Steelix, Solrock, Lunatone, Eevee, Aegislash, Aggron, Weavile, Corviknight, Aerodactyl, Alakazam
What about Pokemon like Grimmsnarl, Coalossal, Toxtricity and Urshifu

Master Pikachu 11

Yeah, no way this is happening, way to many Pokemon and some are just way to unrealistic, even for Ash's standards. I think we can eliminate Steelix by default (Brocks main Pokemon - which Dragonite wasn't for Iris). Too many Dragon types (Ash needs to stay the underdog against Leon). Solrock and Lunatone don't fit Ash and even if he would to get them, he would get only one, while Goh would get the other. Lickilicky i can't see happening either. I hope he is done with Kanto mons, since he has too many already, which means Aerodactyl and Alakazam are out (And so is Eevee if it doesn't evolve). I also can't see Ash getting a Houndoom, because its basically a Hellhound.

Another thing: I recently watched Ash's League match with Gladion back. The announcer said Ash has an aggressive battle style, if they keep up with that, Ash isn't getting any Pokemon that is a stationary tank, which instantly eliminates Aggron, Rhyperior and Rillaboom as well as Tyranitar to a lesser extent.

I think he gets 10/11 Pokemon tops. The rest will be filled up with reserves.
Aerodactyl would be one of the few Kanto mons that he can still catch because it’s a fossil Pokémon, I understand that you don’t want anymore Kanto Pokémon, but out of the fossils Aerodactyl and Tyrantrum seem to be the best options out there. Also this is a new series and this series is going to focus on Gigantamax and Dynamax both forms involve stationary Pokémon and if Ash continues to rely on only fast Pokémon then it will be his downfall so catching Pokémon that are tanks will allow him to train for Gigantamax/Dynamax because it will allow him to use less speed and focus on changing his battle style this series, because if he wants to be the best then he has to adapt to the situation and adapt his battle style because that is what Leon does and Ash will not win if he just relies on speed.
I don’t think that is too much Pokémon, we have a lot of fan favorites and popular Pokémon that are going to get more attention if they are on Ash’s team then to be on Goh’s. Again rotation can easily work, also the fully evolve Pokémon don’t need to be trained Dragonite already proved that it is strong enough to not need to be seen training and for Gengar, it only lost against Korrina because the writers clearly wanted Dragonite to get two wins because unlike Gengar it did not participate against any previous PWC opponent, so I fully expect it to bounce back.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
When you say reverses do you mean the ones that are currently at Okido-hakase's lab, the reserves that you think he'll capture in this series later on, or both? Because I don't really see how he would be able to use his current reserves on top of his current team and future new reserves without it becoming a logistics disaster. That sounds like an impossible thing for the writers to balance.

I imagine a situation where for a single battle in Like hyper class with an old character he can temporarily bring back an old oak Pokémon. I do think the writers can find a way to balance it, this setup is perfect for many battles. I'm not saying for oak reserves to be a regular, but for them to come for few battles sometime as a surprise would be nice. Like the way DP handled it in sinnoh league only at a larger scale. I do agree it's unlikely, but a man can dream

PsychoLogical

Gengar could absolutely get more development. Just because they are fully evolved doesn't mean they can't get development. I don't want them to be shafted just coz they are fully evolved, give them focus too. 12 mons would be enough for a series imo, esp if they wanna bring reserves back which I hope they do.
Regarding reserves, the writers are more likely to bring back ones like Charizard and Greninja due to them already being fully evolved which means less work for them and cause marketability/popularity. Except for likely Gible due to Garchomp being a very marketable and popular mon as well where if they’ll bring him back, they may just either evolve him offscreen as a Gabite to eventually evolve or even a fully Garchomp to make it easier to bring back than the hassle for them to quickly evolve him as still a Gible just for him to be used in the PWC where it’s basically expected that reserves could make returns as Ash climbs into the Hyper or near Hyper Class.

And Gengar really only needs some additional training instead of development.

Oh and the Alolan Squad is also the most likely to return due to them being very recent. The most unlikely...? The Johto Squad..

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think Chloe will officially capture Yamper and maybe Eevee later on in the series.

I'd like to see Lillie return with a team of Alolan Ninetails, Magearna, and maybe some other Pokemon from Galar if she returns.

I don't really care for any Ash or Goh captures since I'd rather Ash just use his reserves that he never uses anymore instead and Goh is capturing everything anyways.

Master Pikachu 11

Regarding reserves, the writers are more likely to bring back ones like Charizard and Greninja due to them already being fully evolved which means less work for them and cause marketability/popularity. Except for likely Gible due to Garchomp being a very marketable and popular mon as well where if they’ll bring him back, they may just either evolve him offscreen as a Gabite to eventually evolve or even a fully Garchomp to make it easier to bring back than the hassle for them to quickly evolve him as still a Gible just for him to be used in the PWC where it’s basically expected that reserves could make returns as Ash climbs into the Hyper or near Hyper Class.
Yeah since they brought back Poipole to be fully evolve, I can easily see Gible coming back as a Gabite and then evolve again under Ash’s command.

Hello, I would like to share my wishes for the possible capture of Ash

So for Galar: Rillaboom, Corviknight, Orbeetle, Flapple, Toxtricity, Urshifu, Obstagoon or Slowbro

For Alola: Return of his team

For Kalos: Greninja return + Gogoat, Tyrantrum or Slurpuff

For Unys: Pyrax, Scolipede, Whimsicott, Reuniclus, Escavalier, Beartic or Bisharp

For Sinnoh: Gible return + Abomasnow, Weavil, Rhyperior, Lickilicky or Dusknoir

For Hoenn: Swampert, Mightyena, Shifigtry, Grumpoir, Gardevtry or Flygon

For Jotho: Espeon, Umbreon, Ampharos, Scizor, Tyranitar, Grunbull or Skarmory

For Kanto: Arcanine

I have taken Pokémon that can match his fighting style, either because they are popular, or because they can create surprise

Ps: Sorry for my English, I did what I could to make me understand

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Speaking of which, did Sakaki know that Satoshi's Pikachu was the Pikachu that the Rocket-dan trio had been hunting the whole time when he faced Satoshi in
BW096? I don't remember the dialogue back then, so I'm not sure if Sakaki made any comments implying that he acknowledged the significance of Satoshi's Pikachu.

He didn't even remember meeting Ash from their previous encounter in the Mewtwo Returns special so I bet he didn't look twice at Ash's Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.