• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I know Lucario and Cinderace were expected and everything, but I would've figured this would've sparked more discussion, instead barely anyone is talking about it. Maybe everyone is too busy to care or maybe there's more important things, but to me this as good as pretty much a new title or at least an upcoming episode.
Nah everyone was too busy talking about Ash’s potential captures and the return of certain reserves and so that got missed as a result.

nickdt

I can't see the image because Twitter keep saying: Something went wrong, but don’t fret — let’s give it another shot.
I click on "Try Again several times, but the result is the same! Can someone show me the image? Please?

I thought its on my side. Twitter hacked again?

desdar300

Not going to lie this is actually pretty concerning and dare I say kind of horrible.
The rabbit has done almost nothing but just stand there and yet go is going to be evolving it fully.
Yet people want this man to have all of the starters so we can get a repeat of this.
Get that piss Posh out of here

Red and Blue

I can't see the image because Twitter keep saying: Something went wrong, but don’t fret — let’s give it another shot.
I click on "Try Again several times, but the result is the same! Can someone show me the image?

EeB8rhSXoAUIuKW
Here you go

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
I'm hoping Goh gets Grookey because it looks like another potential Oshawatt/Rowlet personality clone. Rather have Snivy return and get the evolution it deserved in Unova. Besides, it would be interesting if Ash's team excluded any Fire/Water/Grass types this series.

MegaSalamence05

I'm honestly banking on disobedience in this regard with Cinderace. Not in the same instance of Ash's Charizard. I'm thinking more in line with Iris' Dragonite as her Dragonite didn't get on the same page with Iris. It couldn't control its abilities when agitated. I could see the same thing with Cinderace and the Move Pyro Ball. Leading to Cinderace's Gigantimax form. Just where I think its possibly going. Lucario is caught in the crossfire because of this instance.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Unpopular opinion: I really don't think Lucario's that overexposed and is just another case of massive hypocrisy that's more of a joke than a complaint. Never had a main role, every Lucario is setup to get beaten, yes even that idiot from Unova's Lucario was setup for defeat since he got trashed by Virgil's army of Eeveelutions, and they don't actually get that much screentime except during the DP series cause you know why and in XY cause Korrina. BW was last sec plot device, and SM was ofc also at the last sec and Kukui's was the biggest jobber there is and the fact the writers gave Kukui the most random team they thought of. The only actual overexposed and shoehorned mons are Charizard and Eevee.

As for Cinderace, I really just think it'll just go back to old Scorbunny on the inside.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah but Ash's memories weren't wiped but he still didn't recognize Giovanni outright in Black and White unless I'm forgetting something.

That was probably intentional, seeing how it was the one and only time up to that point that the two met. A lot of series have new viewer friendly content but BW was just the worst with it "Hurrrr let's scan this Pokemon that was stalking me for 50 episodes, and one that I own back in Pallet Town!". I'm so glad that crap is behind us, I don't care if Ash reverts back to a gym challenger but I never want to see him actively scanning Pokemon he's seen on a regular basis again. There are other characters for a reason... though at least BW has the "Only Ash had one" excuse, Serena had one yet Ash continued to look like a complete idiot! :rolleyes:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I still think Lucario will win. Though it could end up being a close battle with Cinderace pushing Lucario to do it's best to win
If Ash (a Trainer who's had years worth of battling experience and trophies) ends up losing to a brand new Trainer who only throws Pokeballs without the need for Battling or Training with them I'm going to stop taking any of this show's writing seriously! XD

Ash would become the biggest laughing stock in anime history

PsychoLogical

I still think Lucario will win. Though it could end up being a close battle with Cinderace pushing Lucario to do it's best to win
Now this would be the definition of garbage writing if Cinderace actually pushes Ash’s eventual Lucario to the limit when Go is a beginner still.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Unpopular opinion: I really don't think Lucario's that overexposed and is just another case of massive hypocrisy that's more of a joke than a complaint. Never had a main role, every Lucario is setup to get beaten, yes even that idiot from Unova's Lucario was setup for defeat since he got trashed by Virgil's army of Eeveelutions, and they don't actually get that much screentime except during the DP series cause you know why and in XY cause Korrina. BW was last sec plot device, and SM was ofc also at the last sec and Kukui's was the biggest jobber there is and the fact the writers gave Kukui the most random team they thought of. The only actual overexposed and shoehorned mons are Charizard and Eevee.
"It's not bad because other Pokémon did it" yeah and people are tired of Charizard and Eevee. And hypocrisy to what exactly?

PsychoLogical

"It's not bad because other Pokémon did it" yeah and people are tired of Charizard and Eevee. And hypocrisy to what exactly?
That people are whining about Lucario showing up so much when it really didn’t compared to others? The only time Lucario got alot of exposure was in DP cause of obvious reasons and in XY cause Korrina. BW’s actual Lucario showing was a last sec plot device. SM was also a last sec appearance with it being the biggest jobber to exist in SM. And never was on the main cast until now where Ash’s Riolu is expected to be one sooner or later.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The "but Lizardon and Eievui" argument never made sense to me since people have constantly criticized their shoehorned appearances for as long as I can remember: I've been here over a decade, and I still remember the complaints when Satoshi's Lizardon returned during Episode N, as well as the various other exasperated reactions from most of us viewers whenever a Lizardon would show up under the ownership of other characters in subsequent sagas. The same applies to Eievui, so saying that people criticize Lucario but give Lizardon and Eievui a pass is just blatantly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.