• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Pikachu111213

Traveler
IF past companions/rivals are to return in the series in the future, what Pokémon do you want to see in their updated teams?
Gary- Make that Magmar a Magmortar please, also Aerodactyl would be cool with him.
Misty- Azumarill
Tracey- Venomoth and Azumarill
May- Delcatty
Iris- Haxorus and Gabite
Cilan- just give him a grass type that isn’t the monkey lol. Maybe a Whimsicott?
Serena- Absol. Maybe she caught it in Hoenn. Then also Pangoro and MAYBE Delphox
Clement- Quilladin

IF past companions/rivals are to return in the series in the future, what Pokémon do you want to see in their updated teams?
As Alolan gang have returned I won't comment on them. Aside of them, there are Tracey, Iris, Cilan, and Serena who are trainers but do not have full team. I will discuss them except Tracey...

Iris already have 5 pokemons. I want the Gibble to evolve into Garchomp and she catch the Druddigon she befriended. I think Kibago have no-evolve curse...

Cilan is a bit tricky because his goal is... what is his goal??? He only have 3 pokemon the last time we saw him. Anyway, I think as a connoisseur, he need a Fairy type, it doesn't exist during BW but and Unova Grass Pokemon that get Fairy typing is Whimssicot, I hope he get it. He is last seen in Kalos, maybe he can get Gogoat who can use Milk Drink so he can get goat milk for cooking. He can also evolve Pansage into Simisage. I will left the last slot open for on-screen capture.

Serena only have 3 pokemon and last seen in Hoenn, I hope he can get Altaria (can add singing to performance) and Absol (his game counterpart have both Altaria and Absol). I hope she can mega evolve the Altaria especially as we don't see one in the anime. I think Pancham also have no-evolve curse. I will left the last slot open for on-screen capture. (Edit: on a second thought, I think Absol do not match her performance style... maybe she can travel to Alola and get Lurantis instead, and if she appear in the series, Mr. Rime from Galar, their pokedex entry mention something about dancing.)

Last edited:

Decidueye23

Misty - Nothing

Brock - Stonejourner

May,Dawn - None.

Cilan - Simisage, whimsicott, Clefki

Iris - gabite, Haxorus, Zweilous

Serena - Delphox, Milotic, Ataria, oricorio

Thats pretty much it. I wanted lana to get vaporeon but that didnt happen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu111213 said:
Gary- Make that Magmar a Magmortar please, also Aerodactyl would be cool with him.
Misty- Azumarill
Tracey- Venomoth and Azumarill
May- Delcatty
Iris- Haxorus and Gabite
Cilan- just give him a grass type that isn’t the monkey lol. Maybe a Whimsicott?
Serena- Absol. Maybe she caught it in Hoenn. Then also Pangoro and MAYBE Delphox
Clement- Quilladin
I don't have any particular requests for captures, although I don't want Shigeru to have a Booburn since Shinji had one in DP, and I'd rather they didn't share more species of Pokemon. Kenji's Maril evolving after all these years would be neat, though.

World Turtle

I would like to see Ash get a few more Galar Pokemon if not enough for a team: Corviknight, Dragapult, etc.

I don't really want Ash to get anything from Unova. The Unova captures he already has need redemption. Bring back a few and evolve them and/or give them a few good battles and then we can talk about Ash getting another Unova Pokemon. That said if I had to pick: Scoliopede or Chandelure.

Kanto and Sinnoh are done for me. They gave him Mr. Mime (sort of), Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario.

Johto: Larvitar now a Tyranitar being made an official capture would be nice. As I am a dog person I'm also partial to Houndour.

Hoenn: With Flygon going to Goh... Absol? Mawlie? Armaldo? Who knows.
Kalos: Tyrantrum or Aegislash
Alola: Golisopod

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Misty: Kingdra
I'd be okay with her having a Kingdra if she caught it off-screen, but I wouldn't want it to be her old Tattu since I think it's one of the most adorable Pokemon that she owns, so I'd hate to see it evolve into that arguably ugly Pokemon.

PsychoLogical

I would like to see Ash get a few more Galar Pokemon if not enough for a team: Corviknight, Dragapult, etc.

I don't really want Ash to get anything from Unova. The Unova captures he already has need redemption. Bring back a few and evolve them and/or give them a few good battles and then we can talk about Ash getting another Unova Pokemon. That said if I had to pick: Scoliopede or Chandelure.

Kanto and Sinnoh are done for me. They gave him Mr. Mime (sort of), Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario.

Johto: Larvitar now a Tyranitar being made an official capture would be nice. As I am a dog person I'm also partial to Houndour.

Hoenn: With Flygon going to Goh... Absol? Mawlie? Armaldo? Who knows.
Kalos: Tyrantrum or Aegislash
Alola: Golisopod
I mean, his Unova squad had very questionable captures and one of them is beyond redeemable, all from the supposed reason of wanting the BW series be like the OS again which ofc failed miserably due to marketing basically getting the better of them. Unless they bring back half of his Unova squad with offscreen evolutions, specifically Oshawott, Snivy, and Boldore then its prob better that they fade away into background filler. I’d like it if the writers have either Chandelure, Hydreigon, or Volcarona as potential old gen captures for Unova on their list for Ash, would automatically redeem Unova from my POV.

Illusio

The problem with the Unova squad getting redemption is that I doubt the writers will even bother with them. The series has been a nostalgia/popularity fest so far, so why bring back Palpitoad or Boldore when you can bring back Charizard or Greninja? At best we'd get Krookodile and the starters back, and even then I don't count on it.

PsychoLogical

The problem with the Unova squad getting redemption is that I doubt the writers will even bother with them. The series has been a nostalgia/popularity fest so far, so why bring back Palpitoad or Boldore when you can bring back Charizard or Greninja? At best we'd get Krookodile and the starters back, and even then I don't count on it.
This is unfortunately true. Out of all the Saga squads, Unova is basically the most forgettable along with Johto and prob the most unlikely to even be bother to be brought back. They likely very well still do remember they exist but even with that, it’d be a miracle if they’d even bothered bringing them back, even for some battles considering they were really bad.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Illusio said:
I agree that there isn't much demand for Gantle and Gamagaru. In order for them to get screen-time in the future they'd have to be desirable, but they can't be desirable if they don't show up often enough. So it's basically a catch-22.

Mythical-Moonlight

I used to think about it myself as well but I dunno... I could see Cinderace being forced to babysit the lab, thus creating another paralel between Ash and Goh, so his trainer can have a new partner.
Anyone else low-key thinking that they might pull a Charizard on Cinderace?

Like assuming Gou does stay in Gen 9, maybe Cinderace goes off for a while until Gou really needs it again?

Ignition

Love when the mods can’t do their jobs properly
I gave most of them an evolution of one of their old Pokémon and a new Pokémon. Most of them are references to Pokémon they befriended in their respective series or references to their in game counterparts

Brock: Swampert, Archeops
Misty: Kingdra, Lanturn/Quagsire
Tracey: Azumarill, Smeargle
May: Delcatty, Altaria
Max (if he somehow becomes a Trainer): Gallade, Grumpig
Dawn: Lopunny, Bellossom
Iris: Haxorus, Hydreigon
Cilan: Simisage, Indeedee or Meowstic
Serena: Delphox, Pangoro, Absol
Clemont: Chesnaught, Rotom
Bonnie (see Max): Dedenne, Tyrantrum or Florges
I think Kiawe and Sophocles are fine