• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

dman_dustin

I... don't like the fact that he has two fighting types.... it's.... disturbing to me....
I have more of a problem that after Riolu they genuinely thought Galarian Farfetch'd, the same type as Riolu was a good idea.

It makes Bea coming right after Korrina even more annoying since it seems unusually forced.

Kazuniya

Pikachub
The problem isn't 2 fighting types.

The problem is the writers obviously favoring Riolu and Pikachu over Ash's other Pokemon to the point they basically get ignored. Particularly Farfetch'd, who also fought Bea, but apparently doesn't get a chance for a rematch because it's all about Riolu now. It's very obnoxious.

nickdt

The problem isn't 2 fighting types.

The problem is the writers obviously favoring Riolu and Pikachu over Ash's other Pokemon to the point they basically get ignored. Particularly Farfetch'd, who also fought Bea, but apparently doesn't get a chance for a rematch because it's all about Riolu now. It's very obnoxious.
Which was my fear the moment it was confirmed Ash would get Riolu.

IcySealeo

Seeing how useless Dragonite and Gengar are I don't get why they bothered to give him those two from the beginning or why let him catch them at their final stage. The least they could do is giving Ash a Dratini/Dragonair so it will get more depth and screentime. Still weird to me and I still didn't get used to Ash having a Dragonite and a Gengar, especially very early into the series.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I was certain something like that would happen right after I watched Riolu's capture episode.

Sometimes the show can be THAT predictable.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Seeing how useless Dragonite and Gengar are I don't get why they bothered to give him those two from the beginning or why let him catch them at their final stage. The least they could do is giving Ash a Dratini/Dragonair so it will get more depth and screentime. Still weird to me and I still didn't get used to Ash having a Dragonite and a Gengar, especially very early into the series.
But there’s a chance of us getting another Gibble situation if Ash had caught a Dratini. Gibble was a strong pre-evolved pseudo-Legendary that got plenty of screen time and had character to it yet it remained unevolved and then left at Oak’s lab never to see the world outside of the fence again.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
the fact that Ash got pokemon like that, is what reinvigorated me into the anime after a long time of boredom from stagnation caused by repeating the same plot.

imagine if Greninja was to come back considering it's more popular than the Lucario line, granted I feel it should return since I still feel the reason it left was kind of stupid (granted at the same time, Greninja struck me a something you couldn't simply leave at professor oak's lab either given what happened), but at the same time the whole transformation thing still irks me since it short changed the fact we finally got Ash with a fully evolved water starter...but that part became an afterthought.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
If Farfetch'd keeps getting forgetten, you can say he'll truly be this series' regional bird even if he isn't flying type lol
In hindsight it almost seemed inevitable that Galarian Kamonegi would receive the least amount of screen-time out of Satoshi's current Pokemon since it's a bird and it's typical for the writers to give Satoshi's bird Pokemon little screen-time. There've been exceptions, but for the most part I get the feeling that some of the writers aren't fond of bird Pokemon.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Well, let’s hope this change by the moment sirfetch’d joins to the fridge. It sure have potential. They probably waiting for lucario and cinderace before give the duck some love.

Cinderace and K-Raichu are there, does this mean Raboot will evolve in this week's episode and his female Raichu will return soon?

https://mobile.twitter.com/pikachu_pcn/status/1306801111701962754/photo/2
Some of these are very popular critters. Since other Galar pokemon doesn’t have too much spotlight except when the said region or its characters are involved, I don’t expect much about dreepy or corviknight. Cinderace have chances if only because is basically confirmed it’s happening soon.

Applecorp

I... don't like the fact that he has two fighting types.... it's.... disturbing to me....
Why does it matter? It's not like Farfetch'd is doing anything worth a damn anyways. Ash could get Kubfu or another Fighting type but if they don't do anything then it's pointless to fret over it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Why does it matter? It's not like Farfetch'd is doing anything worth a damn anyways. Ash could get Kubfu or another Fighting type but if they don't do anything then it's pointless to fret over it.
It also doesn't matter because as others have pointed out when Riolu evolves, it becomes part Steel, and they can play off both of it's types.

Also, it is ironic that despite being a fighting type, G-Farfetch'd currently only knows Dark based attacks.

I do wonder how it's evolution to sirfetch'd will be handled though since I don't remember when the last time the subject of critical hits was mentioned in the show.