• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Goh comes across as a kid-friendly big game hunter. If Pokemon was PG13, his house would be full of taxidermy trophies. The biggest issue with Goh is the writers think we care about his POTD captures. In the Ash vs Korrina episode, the writers still shoehorn 10 mins for a Goh capture montage and ended up with a rushed battle.

Except Goh cares about all of his pokemon. Goh's catches in the Korrina episode were a series of stills. Reintroducing Korrina and getting Gurken to meet Goh for exposition both took more time. The reason the battle felt rushed is because it was badly directed, Ash vs. Hoji in episode 7 had a shorter run time yet it didn't feel rushed.

I love the catching spree's, can't wait for the next one. Catching sprees mean that the pokemon are on hand for brief skits, or focus episodes like Magicarp.

not sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised if instead of showing Go’s Raboot in Scorbunny’s place they wind up showing Cinderace instead.

I could see this happening. We are starting to get some focus on Goh so an evolution could signal him getting a more active role, possibly battling.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

We don’t know if that release date was set before the hiatus cause of by COVID-19 so the evolutions could be happening later much than initial your prediction.

Actually that’s not the case as considering this is a official store they would likely have known by now if their shipments weren’t on track. Basically if it had been delayed then they would have told the stores, especially considering that the hiatus started in April and ended in June.

Basically because the release date is on the actual site and we’re not that far from it only two months out, it means that it is likely the post hiatus release date considering that date is easily changeable because it’s on a site and there would be no reason to not have a notice on the site if it was going to be delayed.

The reason why they couldn’t stop scans and TV guides with new episode titles that were already sent out is because is they can’t change the date on the scans and to guides because they were already being published.

However a website is different as a release date for a item on a website could easily be modified and a notice can also be easily inserted.

When is the opening getting updated?

Was this merchandise scheduled for September pre-hiatus? If so, it could be until October or even early November before we see it come to fruition.

It’s on a website they could literally call the company and tell them to change the date or at least put a notice that the date may change the fact that they haven’t done that would imply that this release date isn’t pre-hiatus.

Zariful

I think it would be cool if Ash’s Riolu and Go’s Raboot just had a fight (kind of strange that Go used his Farfetch’d and Beedrill to fight instead of his arguably best mom) and they both evolved and learned Pyro Ball and Aura Sphere in the process. The battle ends with a collision of Pyro Ball and Aura Sphere. I’m actually surprised in the Farfetch’d capture episode and Riolu training episode, Raboot didn’t tell Go it wanted to battle, since we know it’s interested in battling.

World Turtle

1. Socially Irresponsible behavior - keeping Pokemon in a prison/dome
2. Disregarding or violating the rights of others - Taking Pokemon out of their natural habitat
3. Inability to distuinguish betweeen right and wrong - Taking Pokemon out of their natural habitat, only so you can catch Mew
4. Difficulity with showing remorse or empathy - Taking Scorbunny/Raboots needs for granted
5. General disregard towards safetey and responsibility - again, taking Scorbunny/Raboots needs for granted with the sentence: Why are you wanting to learn something, its pointless. since i aren't gonna use you anyways (The last bit is implied)
6. Tendency to lie often - Saying to Koharu that he is using his own Pokemon to catch wild ones and then throws a ball right after the sentence, which prompted Koharu giving him the stink you are a liar eye.
So far, Gou has showed 6 out of 8 traits for being a psycopath, however, it doesn't mean Gou is a psychopat, since Ash also shows 3 out of 8 traits.

Don't be a smartass. He's a 10-year-old brat. Kids are hardly ever symbols of morality. Also regardless he's a fictional character.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I still think Lucario will win. Though it could end up being a close battle with Cinderace pushing Lucario to do it's best to win

No way it should be one sided no matter how much lucario will be at disadvantage given its battle experience plus the vast difference in trainers experience.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Inb4 Go beats Ash and he's called a psychopath for beating Lucario

I thought he is already being called a psycopath by someone, but the meltdown would be something else, it would be fun just to see the reactions though.

Admittedly I'm still on the fence about Goh's character, mainly due to his goal being rather boring. I mean, sometimes I like him and other times I don't.. but there's no way that he could ever be considered a psychopath, since he doesn't relate to the definition of that word whatsoever.

Just seems like a random word being thrown around to get a reaction..

The best thing about go i enjoy is his chemistry with ash is great, his goal maybe bland but his interation with ash is great so far.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I think it would be cool if Ash’s Riolu and Go’s Raboot just had a fight (kind of strange that Go used his Farfetch’d and Beedrill to fight instead of his arguably best mom) and they both evolved and learned Pyro Ball and Aura Sphere in the process. The battle ends with a collision of Pyro Ball and Aura Sphere. I’m actually surprised in the Farfetch’d capture episode and Riolu training episode, Raboot didn’t tell Go it wanted to battle, since we know it’s interested in battling.

We still don't have a clear view of where Rabifoot falls on the interested in- wanting to battle scale. Both Rabifoot and Goh are interested in battles and enjoy watching them, but Rabifoot doesn't display any unwillingness to catch pokemon with Goh and actively helps him. Rabifoot just rolls their eyes when Goh is dorking over pokemon.

I think we will have Cinderace's evolution around the time they both consciously decide that they want to participate in battles. Perhaps this inspires Sobble and they also evolve.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Thinking about it, it would be nice to see Ranger get a complete revamp for the Switch. Snap is happening, so at least Ranger has a decent shot. Koharu could be a good Ranger; however I doubt the writers would know what to do with that goal over the span of 100+ episodes. Then again, Cilan and SM happened. So they could pull anything out of their ass and somehow try to make it work.

MartínK

Ash's Torterra suffered from the fact that it couldn't use its Ground typing for much of anything. Earthquake is permabanned from the show, meaning it's only options were Sand Tomb (Egg move, we're still not sure how that works in the anime), Mud-Slap, and Earth Power. Let's be real, Earth Power would have been boss had they chosen that over Rock Climb

I would love to see Torterra with Earth Power, Crunch, Energy Ball and Stone Edge, that would be an awesome moveset

Mew29240

I think Chloe should be a Pokemon Ranger, mostly because no female companion has had that goal yet. Every female companion's goal has been type mastery, contests, cooking, going on an adventure. They're all either about types, something girly, or something boring, Lillie and Lana have the most interesting goals and they only started it at the end of their saga. Don't get me wrong, I loved the previous female companions, but I'd like something kind of different.

I really like the idea of Chloe becoming a Pokemon Ranger, but I think the writers will have to do a lot to go where she is now (indifferent, but warming up to Pokemon) to her wanting to dedicate her life (quite literally given the dangers of the profession) to Pokemon. The book written by Professor Cerise in her latest focus episode might be pointing in that kind of direction though.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, I've always felt Ranger would be a good side goal for Ash. Really, it does fit him a lot. It's what I'd picture him doing by the time he becomes a top trainer

SerenaRulez

Thinking about it, it would be nice to see Ranger get a complete revamp for the Switch. Snap is happening, so at least Ranger has a decent shot. Koharu could be a good Ranger; however I doubt the writers would know what to do with that goal over the span of 100+ episodes. Then again, Cilan and SM happened. So they could pull anything out of their ass and somehow try to make it work.

I think Chloe becoming a Pokemon Ranger sounds so random. It would be like saying that she should become a photographer because a new Pokemon Snap game will be coming out soon.

Mew29240

Not sure if Pokemon Ranger games would translate well onto the switch. They'd have to depend on motion controls in docked mode (which can get wonky) and require a stylus for handheld mode (I scratched the heck of my DS screen when playing those games, I'd rather not do that to the Switch, too).

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Eh you know what I think I’ll just do my usual recap on things Ash still hasn’t done (as of now). What Ash hasn’t done as of now:
-Use Mega Evolution
-Use any of the 3 starter Ultimate moves (Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon)
-Own a “proper” Legendary (ex: Kubfu, Bird Trio, Eon Duo, etc)
-Own a female only mon
-Own a second Electric type
-Own a second Psychic Type
-Own a second Fairy Type
-Own a pure Dark type
-Own a fossil Pkmn
-Own another permanent Ice Type (Lapras was released with only having Glalie now)
-Beat Alain despite being a recurring rival with recurring battles
-Catch a previous Gen starter in a current Gen(Think of like when May got Bulbasaur and Squirtle during AG, Gen 1 starters caught during Gen 3 anime)

Just note: This is only a recap of things that Ash still hasn’t done throughout the entire airing of the anime. However these have a chance (even if slightly) of getting broken in this series.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Speaking of the ultimate moves, I always thought it was lame that it wasn't until 3 gens later that we finally saw what blast burn was capable of.

But I really don't know if that move would fit Charizard or Infernape, now if Pignite evolved into Emboar it would definitely fit it due to knowing fire pledge, Incineroar could pull it off too.

As far as Frenzy plant goes...I guess it would fit Torterra more than Sceptile, who's more of a mixed attacker than Sawyers who was more of a special fighter with only leaf blade as a physical move.

Hydro Cannon being so generic (heck it was essentially the same as Water Pulse only stronger) makes me glad that Greninja probably wouldn't use it.

Of course on the subject of Psychic and Fairy pokemon I know there are people who still contest Mr.Mime's status so Ash capturing pokemon of those types of his own accord would put the issue to rest.

Maybe in the Anime Pokemon recover a little HP while resting.
They did in the anime. Ash often put his pokemon at pokeball to rest during a match.

Of course on the subject of Psychic and Fairy pokemon I know there are people who still contest Mr.Mime's status so Ash capturing pokemon of those types of his own accord would put the issue to rest.
Or maybe, using Mimey on official PWC match.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I like Mr. Mime and what it contributes in battle but I’d rather have Ash catch Fairy/Psychic types that are on his accord and are overall better than it. For example the Impidimp, Galarian Ponyta, or even the Hatenna line. A Mr. Rime evolution would even be fun to see, and would feel like they’re doing something new with Mr. Mime.

esquilo09

I like Mr. Mime and what it contributes in battle but I’d rather have Ash catch Fairy/Psychic types that are on his accord and are overall better than it. For example the Impidimp, Galarian Ponyta, or even the Hatenna line. A Mr. Rime evolution would even be fun to see, and would feel like they’re doing something new with Mr. Mime.
Don't forget Gardevoir.

Doesn't matter what your definition of tactic or strategy is. You said:
Nothing wrong with "plan". You can plan a tactic, you can also plan a strategy. Against Brawly, the "listening to the water" tactic worked to utilize the geyser. But his battle strategy (tiring his opponent out by using the terrain before launching counter attack) did not, he have to revert back to instinctive battle by using mid-battle improvisation (leg-hitting). He was even forced to withdraw Trecko to avoid incoming attack without putting another pokemon in the field until the attack ended (like cheating, that cannot be done in game and leave an exploitable room in the anime by withdrawing pokemon each time opponent launch their attacks).
Are you saying Ash didn't plan the Rock Tomb Climb technique?

He is planning a counter-measure tactic, not planning a strategy. Other example of tactic: using Iron Tail on the ground when opponent use dig.
A set means a collection of similar elements. By using the word 'always' you created a set where all of Ash's battles belong. Grant's battle, like many other battles, can't belong to that set creating a contradiction on your part.
What are you talking about? Which "always"? If it were refering to always revert back to instinctive battle, I stand corrected too. He revert back after Froakie fainted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.