• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
New Opening of Pokemon Journeys is to debut in Jn032. It's still the same song aka 1 2 3 with new visuals but however the song will be sang by Takanori Nishikawa and Golden Bomber's Sho Kiryuin instead of After The Rain.

ShadowForce720

New Opening of Pokemon Journeys is to debut in Jn032. It's still the same song aka 1 2 3 with new visuals but however the song will be sang by Takanori Nishikawa and Golden Bomber's Sho Kiryuin instead of After The Rain.

Well at least we know exactly when the updated opening is coming. Although I do wonder when will eventually get a new song.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Hopefully they don't beat around the bush and just put Lucario and Cinderace in the opening.

We know they're coming, you've spoiled it countless times.

PsychoLogical

Hopefully they don't beat around the bush and just put Lucario and Cinderace in the opening.

We know they're coming, you've spoiled it countless times.
Ye tbh I just want them to spoil it and reveal it officially that they’re coming soon cause it’s been obvious for weeks now.

ShadowForce720

Ye tbh I just want them to spoil it and reveal it officially that they’re coming soon cause it’s been obvious for weeks now.

Then again we did have that weird case where on the initial variant of Future Connection which debuted in episode 61 of Sun and Moon they still showed Ash’s Litten even thought it was literally going to evolve 3 episodes later in episode 64 when they updated the opening replacing Litten with Torracat.

Of course I would prefer them just have Lucario and Cinderace in the new updated opening when it first airs rather then just waiting and updating the new variant of the opening when the evolution episodes of those two Pokémon happen.

PsychoLogical

Then again we did have that weird case where on the initial variant of Future Connection which debuted in episode 61 of Sun and Moon they still showed Ash’s Litten even thought it was literally going to evolve 3 episodes later in episode 64 when they updated the opening replacing Litten with Torracat.

Of course I would prefer them just have Lucario and Cinderace in the new updated opening when it first airs rather then just waiting and updating the new variant of the opening when the evolution episodes of those two Pokémon happen.
Ye I would prefer that. And it’d be less of a hassle for the animators to just spoil it like they did with DP’s Greatest Everyday for Infernape and Torterra instead of having to update it after a while.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
Honestly, I've always felt Ranger would be a good side goal for Ash. Really, it does fit him a lot. It's what I'd picture him doing by the time he becomes a top trainer

I can't envision him doing that. His love of Pokemon would make him partially suitable for that job I suppose, but he has little interest in protecting nature, so I don't think he'd necessarily make a good Pokemon Ranger. Also, there's the fact that he likes battling, which isn't something that Pokemon Rangers typically do.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Joltik-Kid said:
Ash's Torterra suffered from the fact that it couldn't use its Ground typing for much of anything. Earthquake is permabanned from the show, meaning it's only options were Sand Tomb (Egg move, we're still not sure how that works in the anime), Mud-Slap, and Earth Power. Let's be real, Earth Power would have been boss had they chosen that over Rock Climb

I find it hard to believe that Dodaitose would've been handled any differently even if he had good Ground-type moves at his disposal back then. Even if he returns in this series for a World Championship battle, I'm not convinced that he'd be redeemed either because quite frankly, I got the feeling that perhaps the writers just didn't like him from the moment he evolved from Naetle into Hayashigame.

Icy-Snowflake

So it's according to interview. Now we can expect past characters to reappear.

I find it hard to believe that Dodaitose would've been handled any differently even if he had good Ground-type moves at his disposal back then. Even if he returns in this series for a World Championship battle, I'm not convinced that he'd be redeemed either because quite frankly, I got the feeling that perhaps the writers just didn't like him from the moment he evolved from Naetle into Hayashigame.

It would be better if didn't return instead of getting a Torkoal treatment.

I wonder why they are hyping Cinderace. Not like it will suddenly become more active after evolution. What is there for it to be active anyway?

nickdt

It would be better if didn't return instead of getting a Torkoal treatment.

I wonder why they are hyping Cinderace. Not like it will suddenly become more active after evolution. What is there for it to be active anyway?

Considering Goh is battling more lately, maybe he will eventually do gyms this series. Don't need to be Galar gyms, but he can do the gyms of which the gym leaders don't participate in the PWC or one gym per region.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Rangers do battle as a side activity in the main games. Also, Ash seems the kind of good kid who will always help out someone in need, whether people or Pokémon. I see the Ranger job as more being that than just enviroment protection

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

another problem stems from the fact they couldn't seem to make up their minds on how to make it battle.

In the episode where turtwig evolved into grotle, Paul's Torterra went behind his back to show it a defensive battling style that clearly worked...but then they go and give it rock climb to restore it's mobility to a degree undercutting what Torterra had taught it, and not only that but that move ended up being what got it knocked out in most of it's trainer battles

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.