• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Would’ve made sense at an extent while also likely making people rage that Ash could get another fully evolved Fire starter lmao.

I wouldn't have minded since Ash has never gone with only the fire starter before, but at this point i'd rather he just not get any of them and focus on more interesting capture options.

speaking of which I know that people consider Chandelure/Volcarona/Heatran as possible fire replacement options for Ash.

without going into the starters, who would you considering for water and grass replacements?

not saying he can't get them, but I've noticed that fire seems to diverge from the starters, with the exception of Psycho choosing Blaziken but I know people don't like that idea (I don't mind)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Goh has about a 0% chance at taking over the anime for a number of reasons.
1. Goh is a walking endorsement for Pokemon Go and I doubt they're going to make a character based on that the main character of the anime long-term
2. Gou's partner is a gen 8 starter Pokemon. After this series the gen 8 Pokemon, especially the starters will lose a lot of their marketability to the gen 9 Pokemon and starters. They're not going to have goh get rid of his partner and raboots marketability ends once the gen 9 anime begins
3. Gou's goal isn't set up for the long term. At the rate he's catching Pokemon, by the end of this series he'll have a large chunk of the known Pokemon leaving not that many captures outside of legendaries and fossils for him to obtain. His goal plus his rate of captures really only set him to be around for 1 series
4. Gou doesn't battle, he doesn't enjoy it. He's not against battling wild Pokemon to catch them, but he doesn't take part in trainer battles which are a huge part of the games the anime is set up to advertise. Having the main character of the anime not do battling would be an extremely bad choice. Before you say that gou could start battling more, he's shown no more interest in trainer battles than he did since the BF episode and if he just starts mainly battling his whole character is different from what he used to be and he pretty much becomes ash 2.0
5. Ash has been around for 2 decades. He even says in this series that beating leon is only one step to becoming a pokemon master. They purposefully keep what a pokemon master is vague so they can continue ash's role on the show ash is most likely sticking around until the anime ends

Ash is still the protagonist
He's not the only one anymore.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I wouldn't have minded since Ash has never gone with only the fire starter before, but at this point i'd rather he just not get any of them and focus on more interesting capture options.

speaking of which I know that people consider Chandelure/Volcarona/Heatran as possible fire replacement options for Ash.

without going into the starters, who would you considering for water and grass replacements?

not saying he can't get them, but I've noticed that fire seems to diverge from the starters, with the exception of Psycho choosing Blaziken but I know people don't like that idea (I don't mind)
I have Blaziken in mind but I’m actually more in favor of Volcarona due to it getting shafted by having a botched debut and it deserves way more than what it got. There’s really no other good grass types left since Ash technically wiped clean of them. For water types, I’ve really only got Golisopod in mind.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Ash is the protagonist of the anime so he needs at least a starter Pokemon from each region he travels in. Since Goh has Raboot and Sobble, Ash will catch Grookey as they both have the same personality
I think Riolu will act as the substitute for the Galar starters for Ash. He broke tradition in Alola with the regional birds and he'll brake them again by skipping the Galar starters in favor of less predictable captures. If he needs starters, he has a bunch of underutilized and unevolved starters at Oaks that deserved better during their series.

SketchFox7

In an ideal world? He'd get Lapras back! XD, other than that...

Water
This is a harder one without going into starters, honestly I wouldn't mind him bringing back Corphish or Buizel and evolving them. Other than that, Wimpod/Golisopod is really the only one that stands out to me.

Grass
As for this one, Gogoat, Trevenant, Breloom & Appletun would fit best in my personal opinion.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I have Blaziken in mind but I’m actually more in favor of Volcarona due to it getting shafted by having a botched debut and it deserves way more than what it got. There’s really no other good grass types left since Ash technically wiped clean of them. For water types, I’ve really only got Golisopod in mind.

I'm in the mindset for heatran despite it's rareness, but Volcarona would work too.

not to sure on grass either, I know people wanted Ash to get Phantump, but Go went and caught one, the apple that becomes a grass/dragon could work.

Well for water there is technically the water style evolved bear as well as Golisipod, but like Blaziken there's the whole "too many fighting type" situation...

but again this if Ash wasn't getting past gen starters, but considering how many grass and fire ones he already owns, a water one would probably be the only good choice, unless they have him retrieve Greninja for good.

Water
This is a harder one without going into starters, honestly I wouldn't mind him bringing back Corphish or Buizel and evolving them. Other than that, Wimpod/Golisopod is really the only one that stands out to me.

Grass
As for this one, Gogoat, Trevenant, Breloom & Appletun would fit best in my personal opinion.

There is the water style version of the bear, but it and Breloom would likely annoy the majority due to "OMG to many fighting types" even though I don't care about that.

If Ash was going to get the apple dragon I think Flapple would be the better option, but that's just me.

Cptnmac1

Honestly I know it'll never happen but for water I would love if ash got a milotic. The few we've seen in battle have shown to be extremely powerful and it would be nice to see him with a more elegant Pokemon for once.
For grass I would probably go with either tangrowth or abomasnow. I think either one would be a good addition to his current team
As for fire, I would love it if ash got a houndoom even though that's another one that'll never happen

ShadowForce720

Honestly I know it'll never happen but for water I would love if ash got a milotic. The few we've seen in battle have shown to be extremely powerful and it would be nice to see him with a more elegant Pokemon for once.
For grass I would probably go with either tangrowth or abomasnow. I think either one would be a good addition to his current team
As for fire, I would love it if ash got a houndoom even though that's another one that'll never happen

While I’m not saying that Ash will definitely get Houndoom or Milotic at the same time I don’t think it can really be said that they will never happen.

I mean heck look at his current team besides Pikachu having his Pikachu with him he caught a Dragonite in episode 10 and then went on to catch Gengar, Riolu, and a Galarian Farfetch’d that knows two Dark type moves that aren’t Bitw/Crunch.

No offense but I don’t think saying that Ash will never catch “x” Pokémon really means anything. I mean sure There are very specific Pokémon that have in universe reasons for why they won’t get caught, however Houndoom and Milotic don’t really have any in universe reason that would prevent Ash from getting them at some point whether it’s this series or some future series.

Zariful

I wish y’all could just make an executive decision to not indulge Riley. I’ll admit I mess up sometimes and try. But I enjoy speculation more when I’m not constantly trying to debunk ridiculous statements. I’m on the boat where I’d rather have Go get all 3 so the mix is forever changed. But I could get behind an Ash Rillaboom. Or even Thwackey. This kid has a long way to go before he gets to fight the likes of Lance and Raihan. So he’s allowed to train up some Pokémon and gets evos. But also I really don’t think just cause they’re fully evolved, they shouldn’t get development. Cause with Riolu being the current battler right now, Gengar and Farfetch’d aren’t doing much. Also Farfetch’d lost both its battles with Riolu. So it could use some focus. I really hope Gengar doesn’t become like Palpitoad and only show up for battles now. There are so many ways you can include in the quality of life events at the lab.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
There's always the option that neither of them will get it either, and maybe a rival character will show up with it.

I dunno why I want Ash to capture Heatran so much but it just feels like a neat option imo, but I wouldn't lose sleep if Ash didn't get it. Volcorona is another neat option too since it gives Ash the second fire type he never got in unnova.

Golisipod...comes from how freaking destructive Guzma's was in combat, and man oh man would I love to see more of Liquidation, and the tearing of more flesh like when it crushed Primarina into shreds.

what would make the latter choice even cooler is if Ash not only reunited with wimipod he saved in alola, but if Guzma offered to help him train it.

sure it's all a stretch I guess but hey it'd be cool if it happened.

Master Pikachu 11

Well the only non water starter type that I would not mind seeing Ash get would Rapid Strike Urshifu, Suicune, Goliospod. For grass i would not mind if he gets Gogoat, and if Goh gets a Pikachu then Trevenant is also an option.

esquilo09

Grass: Gogoat/Grookey to Rillaboom(Unless it remains unevolved due to marketability)/Trevenant(If Go catches a Pikachu)/Roserade
Fire: Arcanine/Houndoom/Volcarona/Heatran
Water: Golisopod/Quagsire/Vaporeon(If he catches an Eevee and evolves it)

Because the whole point of regional forms is that these Pokémon adapted to the region over time.
That is for pokemons whose pre-evolved form is already regional form. Pikachu from Alola and Pikachu from other region do not have difference.
That might mean his next capture won't be Grookey.
His next captures can still be Grookey followed by the secret pokemon or the other way around or just the secret pokemon. Considering that in the pictures, Galar starters are grouped together in their 1st stage despite Scorbunny already evolved.
Ash shouldn't have a base stage starter
Unless Grookey evolved before getting captured. That would be the first time a starter captured not on their non-evolved stage.
slow and tanky Pokemon
Rillaboom isn't slow it has average speed
Base 85 speed is not that slow
Since lucario has almost same speed too
Dragonite base speed is 80...
He did well with Melmetal.
As Melmetal, got beaten twice while only won once...
He still got Chimchar later, so it wasn't his only starter. I think that they would just give him Kubfu as a starter equivalent.
I think that place is taken by Lucario...
Gou wants to catch everything.
Dragonite, Gengar, and Galarian Farfetch'd too.
There's no guarantee that Ash is losing that battle. He might win.
The "?" in the title do leave the door open for a win.
Wouldn't an Eevee be more fitting for that though?
Yes, Go should get unevolved Eevee so they can have both franchise mascots divided among both protagonists.
So what your saying is...

Ash should've gotten Scorbunny?
Rabbot is introvert, what will happen when it evolve to Cinderace?
Ash also had a Chikorita and a Snivy. Neither of which *Fit* his personality as well
That pretty much explain why they do not ended up becoming ace.
Ash is still the protagonist
It's been official that Go is protagonist, he is the only character other than Ash to have ever been granted that label.

ShadowForce720

That is for pokemons whose pre-evolved form is already regional form. Pikachu from Alola and Pikachu from other region do not have difference.

His next captures can still be Grookey followed by the secret pokemon or the other way around or just the secret pokemon. Considering that in the pictures, Galar starters are grouped together in their 1st stage despite Scorbunny already evolved.

Unless Grookey evolved before getting captured. That would be the first time a starter captured not on their non-evolved stage.

As Melmetal, got beaten twice while only won once...

I think that place is taken by Lucario...

Dragonite, Gengar, and Galarian Farfetch'd too.

The "?" in the title do leave the door open for a win.

Yes, Go should get unevolved Eevee so they can have both franchise mascots divided among both protagonists.

Rabbot is introvert, what will happen when it evolve to Cinderace?

That pretty much explain why they do not ended up becoming ace.

It's been official that Go is protagonist, he is the only character other than Ash to have ever been granted that label.

While it’s true that Melmetal only won once as a Melmetal and lost twice when you actually look into it Melmetal actually didn’t have that bad of a showing.

Since if you look at it’s first lost it only really lost because of it being newly evolved and the experience difference between it and Silvally however this doesn’t change the point that the only reason Pikachu was able to take down Silvally in one hit without taking that much if any damage was because of Melmetal significantly weakening Sivally.

As for Melmetal’s 2nd lost, considering that it’s 2nd lost was to Kukui’s Incineroar which was built up to be an extremely strong Pokémon it’s not that surprising that Melmetal lost that.

As for Melmetal’s 2nd lost, considering that it’s 2nd lost was to Kukui’s Incineroar which was built up to be an extremely strong Pokémon it’s not that surprising that Melmetal lost that.
It wasn't Melmetal fault, it was Ash fault for not using Melmetal properly. Should have withdraw it, with that bulky/slow style, no chance to fight Kukui's Incineroar.
As Alolan Raichu

Discharge
Agility
Body Slam/Mega Kick
Dig/Psychic
It cannot use Stoked Sparksurfer without Thunderbolt.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Was Dragonite ever fast in its lore? I seem to remember it being my favorite pokemon as a kid because it was rare, the hot air balloon race, and thinking it was the fastest pokemon. There may have been a delivery Dragonite? (though it looks like knock off Barney and I always preferred Dragonair)

Are the Galarian starters even "Starters" in this series?
I dont know how it is in past series, but the contrast between the Kanto starters in the lab and both Galar starters stealing food on the streets of Galar was interesting.

ShadowForce720

Was Dragonite ever fast in its lore? I seem to remember it being my favorite pokemon as a kid because it was rare, the hot air balloon race, and thinking it was the fastest pokemon. There may have been a delivery Dragonite? (though it looks like knock off Barney and I always preferred Dragonair)

Are the Galarian starters even "Starters" in this series?
I dont know how it is in past series, but the contrast between the Kanto starters in the lab and both Galar starters stealing food on the streets of Galar was interesting.

Basically when it comes to the main anime series and regional starters from OS-XY they specifically mentioned the starters being starters.

However in Sun and Moon it was never stated in the anime that Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio were starters in the Alola region and instead when it came to characters reacting to them they were just treated like your average rate Pokémon.

So far in the current series the Galar Starters seem to be treated as average rare Pokémon.

If anything in the anime starting with Sun an Moon it seems they have started moving away from specific Pokémon being known as starters and seem to be going more along the lines that for the most part any Pokémon can be a starter.

Cptnmac1

While I’m not saying that Ash will definitely get Houndoom or Milotic at the same time I don’t think it can really be said that they will never happen.

I mean heck look at his current team besides Pikachu having his Pikachu with him he caught a Dragonite in episode 10 and then went on to catch Gengar, Riolu, and a Galarian Farfetch’d that knows two Dark type moves that aren’t Bitw/Crunch.

No offense but I don’t think saying that Ash will never catch “x” Pokémon really means anything. I mean sure There are very specific Pokémon that have in universe reasons for why they won’t get caught, however Houndoom and Milotic don’t really have any in universe reason that would prevent Ash from getting them at some point whether it’s this series or some future series.
You're right, every Pokemon is on the table this series outside of a few specific ones. I just find it unlikely he'll get those even though I'd really enjoy seeing them under ashs command

Status
Not open for further replies.