• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

It probably would have if Ash didn't get Riolu thus negating Gible's purpose.

I really think that Ash will be getting a Pokemon from each generation as a new capture on his team (world tour), and Flygon really is Ash's best choice here for something to give him. And it takes 3rd generation off the table, so it focuses on Johto, Unova, Kalos, Alola, and more Galar Pokemon.

I'd be more willing to jump the Go and Flygon bandwagon, only if it was around episode 50-70. I feel like its way too early to give Go a Flygon, whereas there would be a reason to give Ash a Flygon....now.
Go caught Strong Pokémon that were too early for him to catch: Scyther, Darmanitan and Golurk.

dman_dustin

Go caught Strong Pokémon that were too early for him to catch: Scyther, Darmanitan and Golurk.
You could make the same argument that it was way to early to give Goh a Golurk and Darmanitan and we all know how that turned out.

Golurk isn't going to be used for battles, well normal battles anyway (maybe legendary evil antagonist world destruction battles), and the others aren't really that strong. Scyther was one shotted by a Mightyena, and Darmanitan was afraid of bug types (yes I justified why it was afraid, but it didn't even really attempt to do anything). So Go doesn't have Ash level strength Pokemon.

Flygon would likely be a normal sized Pokemon (so not Golurk's condition) and its already proving to be strong if Ash is struggling with it. I don't think Go is quite ready to have a "Dragonite" equivalent this early only at episode 36, when Ash would make more sense. I can't imagine why Go wants strong Pokemon anyway.....well outside of the "Pay to win" method of avoiding training his weaker Pokemon.

But I still think its too early. Give Go a Cinderace first, and maybe start off with something not as powerful looking like Stoutland maybe, then we can start maybe thinking of giving Go a Flygon. I think giving him a Vibrava now would've made more sense than outright giving him Flygon.

esquilo09

Golurk isn't going to be used for battles, well normal battles anyway (maybe legendary evil antagonist world destruction battles), and the others aren't really that strong. Scyther was one shotted by a Mightyena, and Darmanitan was afraid of bug types (yes I justified why it was afraid, but it didn't even really attempt to do anything). So Go doesn't have Ash level strength Pokemon.

Flygon would likely be a normal sized Pokemon (so not Golurk's condition) and its already proving to be strong if Ash is struggling with it. I don't think Go is quite ready to have a "Dragonite" equivalent this early only at episode 36, when Ash would make more sense. I can't imagine why Go wants strong Pokemon anyway.....well outside of the "Pay to win" method of avoiding training his weaker Pokemon.

But I still think its too early. Give Go a Cinderace first, and maybe start off with something not as powerful looking like Stoutland maybe, then we can start maybe thinking of giving Go a Flygon. I think giving him a Vibrava now would've made more sense than outright giving him Flygon.
Scyther only lost because of Go's lack of battle experience(He didn't tell his Scyther to dodge.). Darmanitan is not afraid of bug types, that was just a situation due to a food shortage caused by a certain squirrel, besides I don't want another Misty.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
But let's be fair: did they really need to reference him? Sure, Ash knows him but what would change if he namedropped Birch?

nickdt

We are all jumping to conclusion again. For all we know neither Ash nor Goh is catching the Flygon and it just flies away after being calmed down.

Zariful

I mean I want Ash’s next member to be Rad Fly just as much as the next guy. But I’d be letting my bias take over if I said Go hasn’t made progress. If the balls fails, he’s more open to battling. And I think Sobble’s arc is gonna be about being comfortable about battle. Raboot is gonna eventually battle more since we know Cinderace is coming. And Scyther likes to battle. I think Go is capable of doing strategies now. Whether the strategy for this upcoming episode 36 gives Ash the opening to have a good clean battle with Flygon and catch it, who knows. We need more info. But we can’t just say it’s likely go will catch Flygon based off one little Tid bit

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
But let's be fair: did they really need to reference him? Sure, Ash knows him but what would change if he namedropped Birch?

Probably not. I wasn't completely confident that he'd show up in-the-flesh to begin with, but even just a nod about him would've been nice. He's arguably the most famous person who likes in Mishiro Town in the anime, so it's sort of strange that he wasn't at least mentioned.

desdar300

It must be nice.
Chomp will no doubt be getting a special form by the time the assumed remakes come out while Flygon gets to exist.

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
We are all jumping to conclusion again. For all we know neither Ash nor Goh is catching the Flygon and it just flies away after being calmed down.

That's plausible. I personally don't want Satoshi to get a Flygon, but Gou getting it would at least make sense in terms of his collecting hobby, although he could also capture a Nuckrar or Vibrava instead I suppose.

However at the same time, reserves are not being brought back
Unless you are counting Mimey, the only reserve that have never been used in previous series.
Plus it wouldn’t be the first time Ash has had 2 Pokémon with very similar battle style, as both his Bulbasaur’s and Bayleef’s are pretty much the same.

Plus for the most part any move that Ash’s Bulbasaur used Bayleef can pretty much learn sure there might be some exceptions but considering that so far Ash’s Bulbasaur hasn’t really utilized it’s Poison typing it leads it and Bayleef fight pretty much the same way.
His Bayleef is pure physical whether melee or ranged, meanwhile, last time around Bulbasaur have Solar Beam, Leech Seed and all of its move is ranged move.

esquilo09

Yes. If not then there’s always other Hoenn alternatives (Torkoal was a mistake btw) and better Dragons for him to own kek.
Agreed.

Hoenn alternatives:

Gardevoir
Metagross
Blaziken
Absol
Mightyena
Swampert

Other Dragon types:

Altaria
Salamence
Gible returning and fully evolves
Hydreigon
Druddigon
Tyrantrum(Thus also becoming his first fossil)
Kommo-o
Dragapult

Last edited:

Sidagam

Have always preferred Flygon to Salamence and Altaria so if Ash has to catch a Hoenn Dragon type I'd like it to be that. As for other cool Hoenn captures, Absol, Metagross and Gardevoir would be my picks. Especially if they're going all out on popular mons.

But honestly, if Ash doesn't catch it I'm not bothered. Would rather Gible return and evolve

Status
Not open for further replies.