• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I just want Ash to get another Hoenn Pokemon. Hoenn was the third biggest generation and he only gets five? Aside from Flygon another option I could have seen back then: Zangoose (Jessie had a Seviper and they could have done something with that gag wise).

Flygon would have made perfect sense to me.

I still find it funny either on purpose or by coincidence Ash's Hoenn Team was caught in order of type advantage.

Electric (Pikachu) < Flying (Swellow) < Grass (Sceptile) < Water (Corphish) < Fire (Torkoal) < Ice (Glalie)

Ground (Flygon) would have completed the circle, but they went with Phanpy/Donphan instead for the BF Arc.

That's probably because hoenn wasn't explored fully in anime, they retconned the BF and place them in kanto instead of hoenn due to kanto remakes which shorten hoenn tip, after unnova hoenn has the second least episodes.

Cptnmac1

I hope he gets at least one per gen, or at least from Johto, Hoenn, and Unova.
Kanto- Done
Johto- Tyranitar and possibly(?) Espeon/Umbreon
Hoenn - Blaziken and Flygon
Sinnoh - Lucario and Empoleon
Unova - Chandelure
Kalos - Don't know and I honestly don't care since Phantump can't happen -_-
Alola - Sandslash
Galar - Sirfetch, Dragapult, Appletun/Flapple, Corviknight, and Kubfu/Urshifu. Wishful thinking - Obstagoon, Slowking and Ponyta

For me it would be
Kanto: aerodactyl
Johto: houndoom, espeon or tyranitar
Hoenn: milotic or flygon
Sinnoh: tangrowth or abomasnow
Unova: chandelure or reuniclus
Kalos: nothing as I don't really see anything else that suits him in my opinion
Alola: Sandslash
Galar: rapidash, darmanitan, obstagoon, dragapult

ShadowForce720

You know regardless of whether or not Ash would get Volcarona or Frosmoth, I think it would be cool to see the two in a battle together regardless of whether or not they are on the same side or are fighting each other and regardless of who may wind up owning them.

esquilo09

For me it would be
Kanto: aerodactyl
Johto: houndoom, espeon or tyranitar
Hoenn: milotic or flygon
Sinnoh: tangrowth or abomasnow
Unova: chandelure or reuniclus
Kalos: nothing as I don't really see anything else that suits him in my opinion
Alola: Sandslash
Galar: rapidash, darmanitan, obstagoon, dragapult
Tangrowth is not popular so Ash won't catch it.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wish it didn't have to be a Kanto character that could return. I'm really, really tired of Kanto. I get it, nostalgia, but it's annoying. We have a diverse cast of characters but we seem to only focus on the Kanto ones with some instances of characters from other regions. I like Brock and Misty but I'd rather see Cilan, Iris, Serena, Clemont, any old companion again.

ShadowForce720

I wish it didn't have to be a Kanto character that could return. I'm really, really tired of Kanto. I get it, nostalgia, but it's annoying. We have a diverse cast of characters but we seem to only focus on the Kanto ones with some instances of characters from other regions. I like Brock and Misty but I'd rather see Cilan, Iris, Serena, Clemont, any old companion again.

It doesn’t, the fact that Korrina and Gurkinn returned proved that it’s not just Kanto characters that can come back.

BlazingAsh

Kanto - Dragonite, Gengar Eevee
Johto - Tyranitar
Hoenn - Flygon, Blaziken, Absol, Latias
Sinnoh - Lucario
Unova - Volcarona, Zoroark
Kalos - Aurorus
Alola - Zeraora
Galar - Sirfetchd Grimmsnarl Rillaboom Dragapult Toxtricity Copperajah.

tsunamimijumaru

Kanto: Aerodactyl

Johto: Tyranitar and Espeon

Hoenn: looks like Flygon maybe coming

Sinnoh: done

Unova: Excadrill/Chandelure/Reuniclus

Kalos: Aegislash and Greninja comeback

Alola: Golisopod and Naganadel comeback

Galar: Rillaboom, Corviknight, Frosmoth, Dragapult and Urshifu SS

Because the writers and game freak love kanto so much most of the episodes take place there I wouldn't be shocked if Ash caught something else from Kanto so if he does the Aerodactyl would be pretty cool.

Tyranitar and Espeon are both pretty popular so makes sense. Ash can reunite with the larvitar from Johto who's fully evolved and if we could skip straight to Espeon to save the amount time speculating what an eevee caught by Ash would evolve into or not evolve to show its gigantax

Ash may potentially catch Flygon soon. Personally I would have preferred Absol but I'm cool with Flygon as well and Sinnoh I think he's done.

I always wanted Ash with Excadrill back in BW and when I saw it with Iris I was pretty disappointed and I know Ash caught dragonite which Iris already owns but I mean they had May catch Bulbasaur and Squirtle so why not. Alternatively, there's Chandelure and Reuniclus who are both pretty popular as well but one catch from Unova would be good.

Don't know why they decided to give Ash a Noivern over Aegislash back in XY but this would would be the series to catch this and can understand why he didn't get Golisopod in the previous series but journeys would be a good time to catch one when he eventually heads back there.

We know Sirfetch'd is coming soon. Please don't waste Grookey on Goh as well and have it evolve as the grass starter hasn't evolved on the main cast since Torterra. Corviknight is probably one of the most iconic Galar mons and is quite popular. Dragapult would be pretty awesome as well who's also quite popular. And Frosmoth is cool as well, quite elegant and has an interesting type combination and would give Ash an I've type capture since his Glalie. Urshifu would be good to promote the Isle of armor and give As his first legendary and it isn't too overpowered either. My Personal preference is the Single Strike one.

Also wouldn't mind Ash catching Toxtricity and either Grimmsnarl or Hatterene. Toxtricity is that second electric type that everyone wants and it's really popular while Grimmsnarl/Hatterene which gives Ash another fairy type and potentially and a female only which he hasn't caught yet

Juaquin

The Chosen One
Kanto: Alakazam

Jhoto: Tyranitar

Hoenn: Flygon, Gardevoir, Aggron

Sinnoh: Electivire

Unova: Volcarona, Haxorus

Kalos: Gogoat

Alola: Mudsdale

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ok now that I think about, I think another Kalos mon or two could do it cause Goodra and Noivern were mistakes. Fully evolved in outrageously 10 eps, barely got any wins, didn't last even 20 eps on the team the first time, return for Rushed League to get shafted, and then it's gone again, like really? Would've been the worst and most pathetic Dragon that Ash has ever owned if Noivern didn't exist. Literally won only 1 battle and either lost or tied in all the rest. Absolutely shafted. Even a hypothetical Kommo-o capture for Ash during the Alola Saga would've been treated better than Goodra despite being labeled as the weakest pseudo to exist and even fking Torkoal or Glalie was treated better than Noivern.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Kanto: Lapras

Johto: Tyranitar

Hoenn: (Assuming Flygon is caught)

Sinnoh: Lucario

Unova: Haxorus, Hydreigon, Volcarona or Escavalier

Kalos: Tyrantrum

Alola: Golisopod

Galar: Dragapult, Obstagoon

Lapras and Tyranitar I want to be his old members returning. I loved both when they were on the cast and I'd be happy to have them back.

Unova and Kalos are Pokemon I feel need more love. None of them have been seen in years and Tyrantrum has only appeared once.

Golisopod is because I liked the bond the Wimpod had with Ash in that one episode.

Dragapult and Obstagoon because I think they'd be cool.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Why? If he gets both meowstic and aegislash, I find enough. However, mega lucario will probably count as a Kalos mon, eventually.

Unless they are genuinely going to give him more Pokemon in Journeys than even in Unova, I still think 1 from any generation is fine with Kanto and Galar being the only exceptions.

Generation 1- Dragonite, Gengar, technically Farfetch'd (though it will evolve into an 8th generation Pokemon)
Generation 2- Tyranitar/Espeon
Generation 3- Flygon
Generation 4- Lucario (Riolu)
Generation 5- Chandelure.......maybe Zoroark if not Chandelure than maybe Volcorona for the bug typing.
Generation 6- Aegislash is the only one that stands out to me, since I can't get the one I want from this generation (unless I get a Sinnohan Regional variant which is sure as hell ain't going to happen) but oh well.
Generation 7- Golisopod is the only that really stands out here, though honestly I would just prefer Nagandel just permanently stay with his Alola team or he uses Incineroar.
Generation 8- Since I've given up on what I really want except two choices: Sirfetch'd (not my choice), Grimmsnarl/Frosmoth (my choice), Toxtricity (would be a nice addition), Dragapault (not my choice but fan favorite), and Corviknight (back up giant Pokemon, will be pointless though since Ash would have Dragonite and Flygon and I honestly doubt he would get a third passenger riding Pokemon though that might not figure at all. ***I also excluded Rillaboom because I honestly don't care about the starters any more ***

At this point not counting pre-evolutions that's approximately (1 per generation that he hasn't gotten anything yet and excluding Galar): That's going to be roughly 12 captures that we already looking at that's definitely MORE than Unova already.

So no I don't expect any generation to really get more than 1 except Kanto (for obvious reasons) and Galar (newest generation).

Kalos - Don't know and I honestly don't care since Phantump can't happen -_-

DP remakes, let's hope for a regional variant. Any typing mixed with Ghost for it would work fine with me, especially if it means that it won't have a trade evolution potentially, who knows maybe Trevenant could evolve into an actual next stage Pokemon?

If Goh ends up getting a Pikachu then Ash can get a Trevenant. But if we are talking wish lists again then I want his Kalos mon to be a Tyrantrum as I have been patiently waiting for him to own and command in battle with a fossil Pokémon, so I am hoping that this is the series that I get my wish.

While yes technically in can happen, I'm not too confident in believing that Go getting Pikachu matters at all.

All it does is open the possibility that they are willing to share species where Pikachu was more than likely anyway due to Go's goal. It's unlikely that Go's Pikachu will be seen that much anyway. Since he has Raboot/Sobble to care for.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I agree on Misty but Brock(and Gary) are two of the most important characters in Ash's life. Gary helped push Ash to grow stronger and get him to where he is today and Brock is one of Ash's closest friends and essentially a brother to him, those two deserve to return and you can easily tell more stories with both of them.... while Misty? Nah, her story felt complete and I'm not sure she'd do anything to warrant her appearance like her second appearance in SM

And there's nothing saying they have to be a Kanto character, the chances are probably just better for them due to all the Kanto pandering we're getting. Ash's first two captures were Kanto, Goh's gotten a good amount of the Kanto dex, Lance returned and Surge is also coming back....

I do want Dawn, May, Cilan, Kiawe, and Mallow to appear along with Brock and Gary. I'm hoping Kiawe will be Ash's Alola opponent since we never did get a proper fight with those two
And Ash's best companion, Todd Snap!

I think for me it’s ...
Kanto: Arcanine, Lapras, Aerodactyl
Johto: Espeon, Tyranitar, Girafarig
Hoenn: Ludicolo, Flygon, Milotic
Sinnoh: Togekiss, Empoleon, Leafeon
Kalos: Tyrantrum, Trevenant
Alola: Sandslash, Vikavolt, Mudsdale
Galar: Toxtricity, Corviknight, Thievul

esquilo09

Kanto: Alakazam

Jhoto: Tyranitar

Hoenn: Flygon, Gardevoir, Aggron

Sinnoh: Electivire

Unova: Volcarona, Haxorus

Kalos: Gogoat

Alola: Mudsdale
Alakazam is banned from appearing in the anime due to that magician who uses spoons.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Status
Not open for further replies.