• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Kadabra’s Japanese name is the key which was Yungerer which looks like a corrupted version of his name.

Tha's stupid! So what? Then why didn't Jackie Chan sue Nintendo Sue? I mean, Hitmonlee is named after Bruce Lee (who is dead) and Hitmonchan is named after Jackie Chan. So why didn't Jackie Chan sue Nintendo too for using his name?

esquilo09

Tha's stupid! So what? Then why didn't Jackie Chan sue Nintendo Sue? I mean, Hitmonlee is named after Bruce Lee (who is dead) and Hitmonchan is named after Jackie Chan. So why didn't Jackie Chan sue Nintendo too for using his name?
Maybe because Jackie Chan is an actor and martial artist, while Hitmonchan is a boxer?

Master Pikachu 11

Ok now that I think about, I think another Kalos mon or two could do it cause Goodra and Noivern were mistakes. Fully evolved in outrageously 10 eps, barely got any wins, didn't last even 20 eps on the team the first time, return for Rushed League to get shafted, and then it's gone again, like really? Would've been the worst and most pathetic Dragon that Ash has ever owned if Noivern didn't exist. Literally won only 1 battle and either lost or tied in all the rest. Absolutely shafted. Even a hypothetical Kommo-o capture for Ash during the Alola Saga would've been treated better than Goodra despite being labeled as the weakest pseudo to exist and even fking Torkoal or Glalie was treated better than Noivern.
Agreed if Noivern would have happened a lot sooner and would have been the first dragon that they went with instead of Goodra, then it would have probably would have gotten more focus and would have gotten to be the star against Clemont because it has speed when compared to Goodra. Goodra was a mistake because it evolved really quickly and then was left at the Swamp, then it was brought back to hardly do nothing in the league and then it was left at the swamp again.
Anyway, here is my new list without legendaries or mythicals
Kanto- Aerodactyl, Eevee ( who evolves into one of the Johto forms)
Johto - Tyranitar, Espeon/Umbreon
Hoenn- Flygon, Absol, Blaziken and Gardevoir
Sinnoh - Weavile or Abomasnow, Empoleon
Unova - Zoroark, Chandelure, Volcarona, Hydreigon
Kalos - Aegislash, Tyrantrum
Alola - Kommo-o, Alolan Sandslash
Galar- Corviknight, Rillaboom, Toxtricity, Dragapult, Copperajah

Illusio

No words, only rage
Ok now that I think about, I think another Kalos mon or two could do it cause Goodra and Noivern were mistakes. Fully evolved in outrageously 10 eps, barely got any wins, didn't last even 20 eps on the team the first time, return for Rushed League to get shafted, and then it's gone again, like really? Would've been the worst and most pathetic Dragon that Ash has ever owned if Noivern didn't exist. Literally won only 1 battle and either lost or tied in all the rest. Absolutely shafted. Even a hypothetical Kommo-o capture for Ash during the Alola Saga would've been treated better than Goodra despite being labeled as the weakest pseudo to exist and even fking Torkoal or Glalie was treated better than Noivern.

Noivern deserved better, introduced late, got no gym battles, a mediocre league and just one win under its belt. Even Gible was treated better, and it was mostly used to promote Draco Meteor.

desdar300

It doesn’t matter. Kalos had 3 Flying, Sinnoh had 3 Ground. The writers dont give a damn about type overlap. And type overlap has been a consistent thing in every series except two.
Except the Kalos team had 3 flying types on it and the Sinnoh Team had 3 Ground types. So I fail to see how Ash getting a Flygon(if he does get it) would prevent Ash from getting another Dragon type Pokémon.

Especially when the majority of the remaining Dragon type Pokémon have different battle styles and/or types when compared to Flygon and Dragonite.
I said this was for me personally fellas.
I can forgive Flygon since Garchomp pretty much ruins his existence to have anything good and maybe Dragonite just for the pure shock value but for me Sanzandora or Crimgan would a bit much.

dman_dustin

Because Geller is a crybaby... James Randi must have laughed that time?

This is exactly it.

Uri Gellar was kind of a dick about the whole situation and seemingly going after the Japanese version not the English though the English didn't fare any better.

I don't think even if Jackie Chan cared about an English name even though I'm sure "Chan' is not exclusive to Jackie, that Jackie Chan would even care to even sue.

Nope this is just exclusively about Uri Gellar making a big deal about something he shouldn't have made a big deal over. There are people who are just like that. For example in very specific instances for specific things we call them "Karens" for example.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Because Geller is a crybaby... James Randi must have laughed that time?

Some people are too self conscious, even though they dont realize that this pokemon modelled after them is only going to give them more publicity and have them in more demand which they lack.

It doesn’t matter. Kalos had 3 Flying, Sinnoh had 3 Ground. The writers dont give a damn about type overlap. And type overlap has been a consistent thing in every series except two.

Didn't he have 3 ground types in sinnoh, 2 grass types, 2 ground types and 2 water types in unnova, hoenn and alola are two regions where he doesn't have type oerlap and that was mainly due to less captures.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Some people are too self conscious, even though they dont realize that this pokemon modelled after them is only going to give them more publicity and have them in more demand which they lack.

Didn't he have 3 ground types in sinnoh, 2 grass types, 2 ground types and 2 water types in unnova, hoenn and alola are two regions where he doesn't have type oerlap and that was mainly due to less captures.
His Johto captures also didn't had any type overlap between them. It's just he had his kanto mon on hand during his journey in Johto that resulted in type overlap!

nickdt

Yes. Especially Unova was a mess. The only unique Pokemon were Unfezant and Boldore
Pignite and Scraggy - Fighting
Snivy and Leavanny - Grass
Oshawott and Palpitoad - Water
Krookodile and Scraggy - Dark
Krookodile and Palpitoad - Ground

dman_dustin

I think people are just really confused here.

People DO NOT WANT a bunch of same types on the team.

It's irrelevant that Ash has had overlapping types, when it comes to personal desire.

So no it's not that Ash can't have 3 dragon types or 3 fighting types. It's just that no ONE wants that. Well okay excluding those who want specific Pokemon on Ash's team that JUST so happens to be a 3rd shared type or 2nd type or 4th, 5th 6th.

People want variety. As long as it brings something new it can be on the team even if it overlaps.

No one could possibly want Ash with something like Machamp, Sirfetch'd, Primeape, Mienshao, Hariyama, Hitmon, Grapploct, Conkeldurr all on his team at once. That's the point. People want variety of types. There's 18 types, there's no reason to give him 3 of one type unless they all have completely different dual types.

So if Ash gets Flygon, sure I get wanting Dragapault but it's literally not going to give Ash anything new. Sure it would only be his 2nd ghost type, and I can see that being an argument, but compare that to Chandelure in which it actually offers a new type on the squad with fire type.

People are going to have their preferences, and so I don't understand is the insistent argument "Well Ash can totally have this because type overlapping doesn't matter" okay that's obviously true, but what's your point? The person's point is they don't WANT another of that type unless it truly brings something new or at least marginally different.

Like take Dragonite and Lucario. And then Corviknight, Corviknight should technically offer Ash something relatively more fresh than Dragapault would (if Ash gets Flygon) because in the moment, Ash would only have one flying and one steel, so having a Pokemon bump that to two flying and two steel would be better than three dragon and two ghost especially when there are just ultimately typed Pokemon out there.

The only types that could possibly not matter at the moment, is fairy and psychic, because its unlikely Mr. Mime will be in a PWC so Ash could get arguably three fairy or three psychic types if we INCLUDE Mr. Mime (but of differing types), heck Ash could straight up get a psychic/fairy, and just not have Mr. Mime not have to deal with battling.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I'm OK with the overlapping typings, but only if their fighting styles don't. Lucario and Sirfetch'd despite sharing typings will likely fight differently since one has a big lance while the other has the aura, so they will stand out from each other. Also, if Flygon gets caught, it can fight differently from Dragonite, so I don't think either would suffer for it. If they can do that, then getting two or three of the same type wouldn't be awful.

Master Pikachu 11

I'm OK with the overlapping typings, but only if their fighting styles don't. Lucario and Sirfetch'd despite sharing typings will likely fight differently since one has a big lance while the other has the aura, so they will stand out from each other. Also, if Flygon gets caught, it can fight differently from Dragonite, so I don't think either would suffer for it. If they can do that, then getting two or three of the same type wouldn't be awful.
Well if Flygon is caught by Ash then I expect it to be treated more as a ground type then a dragon and yes I know it will probably have a dragon move but just like Dragonite, I think it is strongly possible that at least two of its moves will be ground type moves, just like Gengar and Dragonite have two moves of their respective types. So Flygon can work because it will be treated as a ground type.

Because Lee and Chan is surname used by many people, they cannot get copyrights.

Nintendo did confirm that Japanese name of Kadabra is indeed corruption of his name (it is almost identical to how his name is written in Japanese).

nickdt

True. Kalos is the perfect example of that
Talonflame - Flying based Physical/short ranged attacker
Noivern - Flying based Mixed attack/mixed ranged attack
Hawlucha - Physical/short range ground based flying type attacker
Noivern - Agile Dragon type
Goodra - Stationary Dragon type.

Ibrahim Saidu

I just thought of some potential captures for Ash. In Alola, Ash could also get Mudsdale and in Galar, he could also get Dragapult and Copperajah

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Regardless, it still won’t matter what Ash will get. Its all going to depend on the writers preferences in the end which have been mainly based on marketability anyways for Ash’s captures. And the battle style excuse doesn’t cut it either. Assuming Flygon gets caught by Ash, I don’t expect it to be the last Dragon he gets, prob far from the last. If there’s any mon that could be a capture but seems to have the same battling style as his other mons on the current roster, it’d prob be Dragapult who’s known for outrageously high speed which a hypothetical one on the main cast would be more symbolic cause of the old “One of Ash’s mons greatly helps it throughout” scenario again due to Dreepy’s bio where it says that Dreepy can grow stronger and evolve if it has friends to help it train. Only real issue for it to be on the main cast is Dragapult’s weird Dreepy mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.