• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

You know looking at the current variant of the opening it looks like one of those variants that will keep getting an update when there is a team change.

So basically when Ash’s Riolu evolves the opening will update, and the same will be true when Galarian Farfetch’d evolves and Ash gets another capture.

On Go’s side of things it will probably only update when the team change actually fits his core team.

Although I am a bit curious as to why Aerodactyl isn’t in the final shot showing Go’s team.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Honestly, I just can't wait for Ash to introduce Go to z-moves only to immediately realize that he didn't bring his ring. Then we can cue Kiawe shooting him with Inferno Overdrive.

Master Pikachu 11

You know looking at the current variant of the opening it looks like one of those variants that will keep getting an update when there is a team change.

So basically when Ash’s Riolu evolves the opening will update, and the same will be true when Galarian Farfetch’d evolves and Ash gets another capture.

On Go’s side of things it will probably only update when the team change actually fits his core team.

Although I am a bit curious as to why Aerodactyl isn’t in the final shot showing Go’s team.
Because it’s probably not confirmed to actually be his and Serebii should not have just assumed that it will be Goh’s just based on an opening which sometimes openings can be deceiving like Grubbin going to Ash for example. Aerodactyl shot was different from the Gengar vs Sobble then Raboot segment of the opening and could be a different battle entirely.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sylveon's hugely popular, it was top 3 in the Pokemon Election poll in Japan and even the PotY poll put it at #6. Luxray does very well on polls as well and was Top 30. Not being Lucario level isn't saying much when those are the top 2 Pokemon, they still would move a lot of merchandise.

It was the most popular Eeveelution for years, Korrina got prioritized because none of the XY cast would even be in the PWC! Kiawe and possibly Misty are the only main characters who'd be participating in that due to their goals

She also has Mega Evolution, which Ash could possibly obtain now but we'll see.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Gible and Snivy which both evolve all the way. Gible didn’t get much due to it being a very late capture while Snivy was just outright shafted. Oh and I guess Incineroar.
I would love if this happens because Snivy keeps Grookey off the team. Both are strong enough to evolve quickly. Snivy got screwed over by Riolu using full restore upon evolution. Also Ash gets to battle with a serpentine Pokemon.

Henry's Journey

Well, Go is forming quite a team :eek: Heracross, Flygon, Aerodactyl, Cinderace?? + Scyther, Beedrill, Golurk, a future Intelleon, Gyarados, Dustox, etc..

Regarding Ash the only "spoiler" was Lucario, but the new visuals look they could be updated easily, so Sirfetch'd and Grookey could appear in the opening later, Mr. Mime also appears to be on Ash's roster and what about that Yamper? Maybe Ash catches a new one or just Koharu's grabbing attention.

The return of the Alola gang is great news, I really liked Sun & Moon's cast, but I also hope Ash's mons at Kukui's place will appear too!

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well, Go is forming quite a team :eek: Heracross, Flygon, Aerodactyl, Cinderace?? + Scyther, Beedrill, Golurk, a future Gyarados, Dustox, etc..

Regarding Ash the only "spoiler" was Lucario, but the new visuals look they could be updated easily, so Sirfetch'd and Grookey could appear in the opening later, Mr. Mime also appears to be on Ash's roster and what about that Yamper? Maybe Ash catches a new one or just Koharu's grabbing attention.

The return of the Alola gang is great news, I really liked Sun & Moon's cast, but I also hope Ash's mons at Kukui's place will appear too!
Yamper is basically serving as a placeholder. They’re trying to keep his next capture a secret which they’re surprisingly doing well at. And Mimey isn’t on the main team, its a reserve he uses for training.

Gible and Snivy which both evolve all the way. Gible didn’t get much due to it being a very late capture while Snivy was just outright shafted. Oh and I guess Incineroar.
Gible returning would make sense to me, especially if they potentially plan for Ash to have a Garchomp sometime in the future. It wouldn't make sense for Ash to just capture a fully-evolved Garchomp when he has a literal Gible at Oak's Lab, so I agree with Gible evolving all the way.

Also makes me hope that since we are going to Alola, that we at least get to reunite with his Alolan Team, even though it hasn't been too long... Could still be early for any of his reserves to make an appearance, but still.

Zoruagible

I would love if this happens because Snivy keeps Grookey off the team. Both are strong enough to evolve quickly. Snivy got screwed over by Riolu using full restore upon evolution. Also Ash gets to battle with a serpentine Pokemon.

Not really, Farfetch'd basically killed this "Ash can't ____ because ____" stuff
I'm definitely far more interested in seeing him with a Servine than Grookey though lol

PsychoLogical

Gible returning would make sense to me, especially if they potentially plan for Ash to have a Garchomp sometime in the future. It wouldn't make sense for Ash to just capture a fully-evolved Garchomp when he has a literal Gible at Oak's Lab, so I agree with Gible evolving all the way.

Also makes me hope that since we are going to Alola, that we at least get to reunite with his Alolan Team, even though it hasn't been too long... Could still be early for any of his reserves to make an appearance, but still.
If the Alolan reserves return, I hope ffs they don’t use them until far later. Let whatever new crap Ash catches get the spotlight, not his reserves that got enough already.

Sword master zacian

So I think the ending started to make sense now
Grookey-riolu-lycanroc
Riolu is already caught, lycanroc is most likely returning
So what to expect from grookey?

Zoruagible

If the Alolan reserves return, I hope ffs they don’t use them until far later. Let whatever new crap Ash catches get the spotlight, not his reserves that got enough already.

I'd agree but only if Incineroar gets to fight something first, unless he fights Kiawe.... cause we've waited enough for this.
I want to see Ash use Darkest Lyriat!

PsychoLogical

So I think the ending started to make sense now
Grookey-riolu-lycanroc
Riolu is already caught, lycanroc is most likely returning
So what to expect from grookey?
That it goes to Go? I actually don't want the thing to be with Ash. Unless they're willing to rush its evolutions to Rillaboom to oblivion then keep it away. There are other Galar mons that are better off on his team than Grookey since Ash really doesn't need the Galar starters and it's literally going to have a really late debut. Give me that Corviknight, Dragapult, or even Obstagoon instead of Grookey.

PsychoLogical

No real confirmation on who Aerodactyl belongs to? Serebii is assuming Aerodactyl belongs to Go like nearly most of us but the difference is that theres no real confirmation except a small showing of it while Flygon on the other hand was confirmed to be Go's. Likely to serve as the Dragonite for his team.

nickdt

Grookey most likely won't make its debut until episode 45/50. By that time, i find it way too late for Ash to get a 3-stage mon in its base form.

Status
Not open for further replies.