• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

ShadowForce720

Will they really have Ash use both Gigantamax and Mega Evolution against Leon, though. People would be pissed.
They could or they can just have him use Mega Evolution in battles outside of Galar.

I mean if they really wanted to only focus on gen 8 and Dynamaxing and Gigantamax like your trying to imply then they wouldn’t have had Ash do this whole World Tour thing and would have just had Ash travel solely through Galar.

AuraChannelerChris

"How did you manage to faint while standing up?"
Imagine ash busting out a mega evolution. A Z-Move, Ash-Greninja and Gigantamax all in one battle against leon. Now that would be something to watch.
They'd have to downplay all of those if Leon only used G-Max Charizard and still he would make mincemeat out of them all using normal Pokemon.

Or hax his dragon to serious Legendary Pokemon level while macro to demolish them all until G-Max Pikachu is left.

Lacuna

Spoiler: Ash ends up being the first known person to use a simultaneous Dynamaxed Mega Evolution. Wearing a Dynamax Band on one wrist, and a Mega Ring on the other. =P

In all seriousness, an Ash-Lucario situation doesn't seem super likely to me just because I do think they're going down the Mega Lucario route (what with Riolu visibly admiring Korrina's Lucario), but on the other hand GMAX and Mega in the same battle does seem like it's gonna upset some people. I'm curious about how they're going to balance it out since it seems like they want to utilize both now.

LucarioFTWs

Will they really have Ash use both Gigantamax and Mega Evolution against Leon, though. People would be pissed.
I mean not really? I’m pretty sure the pokemon company knows that mega evolution is a lot more popular than gigantimaxing. Plus gigantimax is hard to make battles looks awesome because it just who has the stronger moves. there’s no dodging or status moves or whatever. I’m sure they don’t care and will probably give lucario a mega because ash never had one

AuraChannelerChris

I mean not really? I’m pretty sure the pokemon company knows that mega evolution is a lot more popular than gigantimaxing.
If that's true, how come it's not in SwSh at all. They really can't just drop the mechanic out of nowhere with a free update.

LucarioFTWs

If that's true, how come it's not in SwSh at all. They really can't just drop the mechanic out of nowhere with a free update.
Cause GF thinks that adding new gimmicks instead of working on older gimmicks more will bring in more kids to play the games. Gigantimax is definently not popular compared to megas.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Cause GF thinks that adding new gimmicks instead of working on older gimmicks more will bring in more kids to play the games. Gigantimax is definently not popular compared to megas.
also probably because there are only certain times you can do dynamax/Gigantamaxing like raid or gym battles.

Megas and Z-moves could be used anywhere at any time in their respective games once you had access to them.

AuraChannelerChris

Cause GF thinks that adding new gimmicks instead of working on older gimmicks more will bring in more kids to play the games.
If that's true, then why did they bother to keep Mega Evolutions in Gen VI.

Lacuna

If that's true, then why did they bother to keep Mega Evolutions in Gen VI.
Assuming you meant Gen 7, it's probably because Z-Moves are different enough from Megas to warrant keeping both. One is just special moves while the other is entirely new forms. Meanwhile, GMAX is basically just a combination of both, so there was no reason to keep old features in when they want their shiny new one to look special.

Leonhart

Imagineer
LucarioFTWs said:
The Kyodaimax feature is the current novelty and has been promoted a lot especially in the anime, so I find it hard to believe that Mega Evoluton is more popular than the Kyodaimax feature right now. Frankly, I don't care for either of those upgrades, but I prefer them over Z-Moves.

Man, all the salt towards Ash-Greninja here is hilarious to read. Sad to say for those folks, but AG is still Ash's arguably Ash's best Pokemon. Think Peakachu with Z-move is the only Pokemon better.

It would be cool seeing AG back for sure. If he does come back and the Championships work the way I'm imagining it to be, I think AG will play a part in battles against maybe potential Alain and Sawyer battles or even another Diantha rematch. All of this could be in the future.

I do have a hard time imagining that happening though since the anime usually drops the ball with these things. I'm not even fully onboard with the idea that Ash will bring back reserves since nothing so far has hinted towards that in the anime itself besides how the Championships work conceptually.

Last edited:

LucarioFTWs

Man, all the salt towards Ash-Greninja here is hilarious to read. Sad to say for those folks, but AG is still Ash's arguably Ash's best Pokemon. Think Peakachu with Z-move is the only Pokemon better.

It would be cool seeing AG back for sure. If he does come back and the Championships work the way I'm imagining it to be, I think AG will play a part in battles against maybe potential Alain and Sawyer battles or even another Diantha rematch. All of this could be in the future.

I do have a hard time imagining that happening though since the anime usually drops the ball with these things. I'm not even fully onboard with the idea that Ash will bring back reserves since nothing so far has hinted towards that in the anime itself besides how the Championships work conceptually.
I don’t think Sawyer is coming back. But Alain is definently coming back for another rematch for justice. Also diantha as well will probably face ash in a rematch. I guess i could see sawyer coming back to spectate ash but that’s it probably not another battle. Plus i don’t want to see his sceptile become an even worse punching bag for a frog that has 4x weakness lmao

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
May as well throw the ultra beast into the mix too, in order to give him the most OP battle ever..
Nah, Naganadel isn't that op..

Ash-Greninja: Battle-bond
Melmetal: Gigantamax
Lucario: Mega Evolution
Pikachu: 10m Gigavolt Z-move

Throw in Charizard or Blazenape and add Sceptile (or Lycanroc specifically for the Rock-coverage) and you've got an OP team that will likely beat Leon.

desdar300

I mean that proves Chris's point.
In a interview for Nintendo dream shortly before SM came out they flat-out disowned it but somewhat foreshadow that Regional variants would come back and they in did.

PsychoLogical

As usual, I'm now getting desperate for more news or whatever relating to the DD arc or I guess maybe JN041 since things are just getting stale again as usual lmao.

And I guess I just also want some closure or hints on the status of Marshtomp and (stupidly) that Dragapult from the special preview since for the latter specifically, I just want the pointless debate on if Dragapult truly belongs to Leon or not when it's really obvious that it's likely Leon's unless I get the biggest jebait since G-Farfetch'd/Sobble.

Last edited: