• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Grookey most likely won't make its debut until episode 45/50. By that time, i find it way too late for Ash to get a 3-stage mon in its base form.
Too late? He has caught Gible late into DP. And they can evolve Grookey whenever they want to. It could happen five or ten episodes after its capture

Grookey most likely won't make its debut until episode 45/50. By that time, i find it way too late for Ash to get a 3-stage mon in its base form.
I expect so... It would be nice though if Grookey evolve into Thwackey and got captured afterwards. Have we ever seen a starter caught at its non-base form?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Too late? He has caught Gible late into DP. And they can evolve Grookey whenever they want to. It could happen five or ten episodes after its capture

Yeah, they rushed Scorbunny evolving into Raboot so why can't the same apply to Grookey?
I doubt they'd be keeping it in the mid stage for too long anyways :p

Master Pikachu 11

No real confirmation on who Aerodactyl belongs to? Serebii is assuming Aerodactyl belongs to Go like nearly most of us but the difference is that theres no real confirmation except a small showing of it while Flygon on the other hand was confirmed to be Go's. Likely to serve as the Dragonite for his team.
It could be similar to where the first opening had TR having a Corviknight as Gatcha mon and battling Scorbunny and that didn’t happen, so Aerodactyl is either similar being a TR Gatcha mon or Ash is battling another trainer’s Aerodactyl or he is actually battling a wild one, so until we get more information that is confirmed, we should not always base a lot of things on the opening anyway since there were a lot of previous openings that mislead things happening in the series.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Geez, I must be one of the few people that actually doesn't want Ash to get any of the Galar starters, including Grookey. Just cause I just think he really doesnt have any need for them now. There are just other Galar mons that I think are better off on being on his team and Grookey isn't one of them. Give me that Corviknight, Dragapult, or even that Obstagoon instead.

You know looking at the current variant of the opening it looks like one of those variants that will keep getting an update when there is a team change.

So basically when Ash’s Riolu evolves the opening will update, and the same will be true when Galarian Farfetch’d evolves and Ash gets another capture.
I am looking forward to Sirfetch'd riding Dragonite part. :)

MegaSalamence05

I want Ash to get an Obstagoon I'm actually not minding the concept or idea if Galarian Farfetch'd became a way to get regional forms and new evolutions from Galar if Ash doesn't get Grookey

Sirfetch'd and Obstagoon

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Geez, I must be one of the few people that actually doesn't want Ash to get any of the Galar starters, including Grookey. Just cause I just think he really doesnt have any need for them now. There are just other Galar mons that I think are better off on being on his team and Grookey isn't one of them. Give me that Corviknight, Dragapult, or even that Obstagoon instead.
Everyone and their mom is insistent on Ash not getting the starters because it's a cliche, it's too predictable, he has better options, they're too weak (but we can excuse Riolu because fanservice and bias) and the usual headcanons. You're far from the only one.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly can someone show me the mystery pokemon merch pic?? It's been awhile since I've seen it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
EdPTeljVAAACRFB

You talking about this?

Is that what everyone is basing the mystery capture off of?? I thought it was the one with just Ash's party and a ? mark over one of the mons??

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Is that what everyone is basing the mystery capture off of?? I thought it was the one with just Ash's party and a ? mark over one of the mons??
Yes. People think that the question mark is Ash's 5th capture that's being kept hidden for the time being. And Ash's whole team is basically there (along with Mimey for whatever reason). (Lucario and Sirfetch'd are obvious for Ash)

desdar300

Everyone and their mom is insistent on Ash not getting the starters because it's a cliche, it's too predictable, he has better options, they're too weak (but we can excuse Riolu because fanservice and bias) and the usual headcanons. You're far from the only one.
Not calling out anybody here but I find it kind of ironic that people tout unpredictability then proceed to look up popularity polls and argue for their favorite shillmon.
This is Pokemon.
They don't care if you're tired of seeing the starters being the same types of
every single generation but you're going to get them anyways and the same goes for there being more than one version of the same game.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Not calling out anybody here but I find it kind of ironic that people tout unpredictability then proceed to look up popularity polls and argue for their favorite shillmon.
This is Pokemon.
They don't care if you're tired of seeing the starters being the same types of
every single generation but you're going to get them anyways and the same goes for there being more than one version of the same game.
So much of this.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I think Grookey's probably going to Gou solely because of the fact that it'll get more exposure with Gou as we've seen with Raboot and Sobble. (They've appeared in every episode since their debuts) and the writers are likely going to showcase Grookey just as much as the other two

As oppose to only showing up wherever the writers feel like it like most of Ash's Pokémon lol

desdar300

So much of this.
Not to rain on people speculation but golly.
The amount of stretching I see in regards to Grookey is kind of insane especially on Twitter.
If you want to talk about unpredictability then let's not follow a pattern just because it looks like one
I think Grookey's probably going to Gou solely because of the fact that it'll get more exposure with Gou as we've seen with Raboot and Sobble. (They've appeared in every episode since their debuts) and the writers are likely going to showcase Grookey just as much as the other two

As oppose to only showing up wherever the writers feel like it like most of Ash's Pokémon lol
They get screen time but they don't really do much of anything where's your somewhat drawing considering that one of them has pretty much become a competitive staple

Status
Not open for further replies.