• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

Most people don't actually think of Salamence and Aggron when they think about Hoenn. Aside from Rayquaza, these 4 I put are often the most talked about and considered some of the iconic mons of Hoenn with Blaziken being at the top out of these 4.
I guess that makes sense, I'm fine with whatever iconic Hoenn mon Ash catches(Though I'm hoping for him to catch Absol or Gardevoir, so it can be his first female-looking Pokémon and pure dark type.)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well, it's Ash's second home, after all, he could actually chill and ponder over what the buck Bea did to make him a mess or something. Go is probably evolving his pikachu into alolan raichu there too. But, let's see.

Yeah, the world tour is a thing, but, Go is the only one getting everything on sight, while Ash is selective. I just want they don't let Ash's team too full of representatives from a single region.
Understandable. However truth to be told, I prefer the selective process since it's far easier to get hype on something that's still being kept a secret rather than getting outright spoiled like we just got with Heracross and Flygon for Go. Guess I'm more patient and confident compared to you in this since I really don't think that on the last part and that things will diversify later on.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm fine with Ash not getting anything from Kalos and Alola but he should really get something from Hoenn and Johto considering he already got stuff from Kanto and Sinnoh

Master Pikachu 11

Not calling out anybody here but I find it kind of ironic that people tout unpredictability then proceed to look up popularity polls and argue for their favorite shillmon.
This is Pokemon.
They don't care if you're tired of seeing the starters being the same types of
every single generation but you're going to get them anyways and the same goes for there being more than one version of the same game.
I still believe and i am going to say that I believe Ash will end up with Grookey, in fact I ended up being right when I said we were going to see characters again from Alola at the beginning of the series, when everybody was doubting that we would see any old characters. Anyway this is going to be my second prediction and like @Ignition when you predicted that Torracat will evolve into Incineroar, I am going to do the same by saying Ash gets Grookey even though majority say it will end up with Goh. If I’m wrong call me out.

On other sites people are predicting that they might be splitting the story into Darkest days, the either the Crown Tundra or the PWC then the other (there is also the Island of Amor).

Does the show usually follow this kind of split structure?
The dub version usually structured it based on mini-arc but Japanese version do not.

PsychoLogical

I'm fine with Ash not getting anything from Kalos and Alola but he should really get something from Hoenn and Johto considering he already got stuff from Kanto and Sinnoh
I still think he should get at least 1 extra Kalos or Alola mon later down the line. Cause 1) Goodra was a disgrace and mistake. Fully evolved in outrageously 10 eps, didn't last at least 20 eps on the main team, return to the Rushed League and get shafted and then its out and back at the swamp. Like really? What was even the point of its capture? Would've been the worst and most pathetic Dragon he ever caught if Noivern didn't exist. 2) Instead of getting a substitute 6th mon for Alola, they brought back his old Poipole as Naganadel. I give no damns about it evolving offscreen which I liked but the fact that they didn't get another 6th mon for Ash is what urks me. Could've just gave him something like Alolan Sandslash, Golisopod, or even Kommo-o but instead he gets nothing and just brings back the UB? Like cmon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I still believe and i am going to say that I believe Ash will end up with Grookey, in fact I ended up being right when I said we were going to see characters again from Alola at the beginning of the series, when everybody was doubting that we would see any old characters. Anyway this is going to be my second prediction and like @Ignition when you predicted that Torracat will evolve into Incineroar, I am going to do the same by saying Ash gets Grookey even though majority say it will end up with Goh. If I’m wrong call me out.
I'm in the same boat. I'm less as confident about Grookey but I still have faith regardless

Zoruagible

The new OP shows it's unlikely Ash will use Mega Evolution since Lucario didn't have a Mega Stone band.
Goh's future team is too strong for a newbie trainer. May as well give this kid Gameshark so he can enter the PWC with boxart legendaries and beat Leon himself. This Gary Stu feels like some fanfic self-insert and the writer is trying too hard to make the audience like him.
Disappointed with the return of the Alola cast since we just had them. Needs the Hoenn and Sinnoh crew.

They can easily edit that in
besides if Darkest Day is being built up that means Galar is likely getting primary focus(About damn time too....) so Ash wouldn't be able to get one for the time being as they aren't found in Galar

PsychoLogical

The new OP shows it's unlikely Ash will use Mega Evolution since Lucario didn't have a Mega Stone band.
Goh's future team is too strong for a newbie trainer. May as well give this kid Gameshark so he can enter the PWC with boxart legendaries and beat Leon himself. This Gary Stu feels like some fanfic self-insert and the writer is trying too hard to make the audience like him.
Disappointed with the return of the Alola cast since we just had them. Needs the Hoenn and Sinnoh crew.
The opening can easily be updated. Not that hard.
They can easily edit that in
besides if Darkest Day is being built up that means Galar is likely getting primary focus(About damn time too....) so Ash wouldn't be able to get one for the time being as they aren't found in Galar
The only thing I'm kinda disappointed in is that the Darkest Day looks like is happening way easier than expected. Makes it feel kinda rushed. Reminds me of the Aether Foundation arc which happened quite early. Then again crap has been rushed since the BW earthquake disaster so there's no point in sulking about or thinking things won't get rushed.

Zoruagible

Nah, he should get at least one from each region. This is what this world traveling is all about.

Yeah but if something gets skipped I'd rather it be the two we just got than something that barely gets touched at all like Johto(Which is basically the black sheep of the franchise with the way it's treated compared to other regions lol It's my least favorite, after Kanto obviously, but I still find how often they shaft the Pokemon there in-game annoying. Those starters seriously need a buff or something already!)

On the topic of Ash catching a new Pokemon for each region, I'm not opposed to it but for the love of Arceus, if it does end up happening, PLEASE writers - Give them a decent amount of screentime and battles... We've already got Gengar and Dragonite who just...Exist and occasionally make an appearance...

My only fear is that the same will happen if he catches more than six Pokemon. They've also been avoiding talk/appearances for his reserves... Would love to see his less used reserves make an appearance too...I've had enough of his Charizard constantly making an appearance and other Kanto Pokemon. This is a world journey series after all, and Ash does have Pokemon from other regions just sitting around at Oak's lab.

PsychoLogical

On the topic of Ash catching a new Pokemon for each region, I'm not opposed to it but for the love of Arceus, if it does end up happening, PLEASE writers - Give them a decent amount of screentime and battles... We've already got Gengar and Dragonite who just...Exist and occasionally make an appearance...

My only fear is that the same will happen if he catches more than six Pokemon. They've also been avoiding talk/appearances for his reserves... Would love to see his less used reserves make an appearance too...I've had enough of his Charizard constantly making an appearance and other Kanto Pokemon. This is a world journey series after all, and Ash does have Pokemon from other regions just sitting around at Oak's lab.
I'll be honest, after Riolu's a Lucario and the Alola eps have passed, I'm going to bet on more battles with his current captures since it's really clear that they're trying to get Riolu a Lucario as soon as possible which looks to be reality soon as well. And Gengar and Dragonite are really just Ash's powerhouses and aren't needed as much due to their power. Real issue is just screentime especially for Gengar. Get Riolu's arc wrapped up and then move on, that's what I'm betting on at the moment.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm in the same boat. I'm less as confident about Grookey but I still have faith regardless

if there's any pokemon I want Gou to get it's this one.

because not only will it give him all 3 galar starters but it gives us another break from the grass starter on Ash which only Kalos has done to this day.

Nah, he should get at least one from each region. This is what this world traveling is all about.
At max, he can get one from each regions not named Kanto/Galar. For Kanto/Galar it could be more as they are home base and current generation's region respectively. But the writer do not have obligation to have Ash catch pokemon from every regions as he has already done that in the previous series, for this series, the focus is:
  • Ash: battling accross regions.
  • Goh: catching accross regions.

I'll be honest, after Riolu's a Lucario and the Alola eps have passed, I'm going to bet on more battles with his current captures since it's really clear that they're trying to get Riolu a Lucario as soon as possible which looks to be reality soon as well. And Gengar and Dragonite are really just Ash's powerhouses and aren't needed as much due to their power. Real issue is just screentime especially for Gengar. Get Riolu's arc wrapped up and then move on, that's what I'm betting on at the moment.
Yeah, I understand that there will most definitely be more battles with his current captures...But as he rises up even further the battles will get tougher - Hence his upcoming "slump." I just feel like even if he captures more Pokemon, they'll have little to no screentime which would be a huge disappointment. This may just be Since Ash's goal this season is to beat the number one trainer - Leon, I feel like he should be bringing in his A-Game in the near future, which means also bringing in his reserves... For me personally, it would be a bummer if he only used the Pokemon caught in this series. Attempting to beat the number one trainer is a big deal/challenge after all, this isn't your typical beat 8 gym leaders - Pokemon League thing...

Last edited:

World Turtle

I still think he should get at least 1 extra Kalos or Alola mon later down the line. Cause 1) Goodra was a disgrace and mistake. Fully evolved in outrageously 10 eps, didn't last at least 20 eps on the main team, return to the Rushed League and get shafted and then its out and back at the swamp. Like really? What was even the point of its capture? Would've been the worst and most pathetic Dragon he ever caught if Noivern didn't exist. 2) Instead of getting a substitute 6th mon for Alola, they brought back his old Poipole as Naganadel. I give no damns about it evolving offscreen which I liked but the fact that they didn't get another 6th mon for Ash is what urks me. Could've just gave him something like Alolan Sandslash, Golisopod, or even Kommo-o but instead he gets nothing and just brings back the UB? Like cmon.

If Ash were to get anything from Kalos my picks would be Aegislash, Tyrantrum, or Trevenant.

For Alola: Golisopod or Alola Sandslash.

Status
Not open for further replies.