• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

Jesus Christ. I can't leave this forum for a couple of hours without losing track of the pages. I swear it keeps going up like 20 pages Everytime I come here! XD

You guys move fast! XD

There's something oddly amusing to me about seeing a "Cool" starter like Raboot getting punched in the face by a booty faced fish
It's a sea cucumber actually.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Jesus Christ. I can't leave this forum for a couple of hours without losing track of the pages. I swear it keeps going up like 20 pages Everytime I come here! XD

You guys move fast! XD

There's something oddly amusing to me about seeing a "Cool" starter like Raboot getting punched in the face by a booty faced fish
Sea cucumber. A derpy sea cucumber.

D

Deleted member 384931

I hope that Ash at least begins to use some strategies. Its all raw power with Riolu

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I didn't have time to comment the new opening until now, so here I go:

+ Aerodactyl: Called my attention a lot. It would be OK if Ash captures this Fossil Pokemon, although I would appear Goh is more likely to capture. (I will get really mad if he captures it so easily). But if Goh captures an Aerodactyl, then Ash has to capture another Fossil Pokemon. And the most suited candidate for Ash would be Tyrunt/Tyrantrum, as it looks like a T-Rex.

+ Yamper with Ash's Pokemon: That scene definitely bugged me a lot, because I can't see Chloe giving up her Pokemon. Still, if this would turn similar to Ash's Rockruff, I can't deny it would be interesting and it could give Ash ANOTHER Electric Type. Even so, I'm not convinced, honestly.

+ Goh getting Flygon and Heracross: Oh, well, it's a pity Ash won't get this Pokemon, but it's not actually a big deal. There are other candidates for Ash to capture in Hoenn. One of them will definitely be Blaziken, although it could be more like a "improvement" about poor old Torkoal (and I say this when I really like Torkoal). Other candidates of Hoenn for Ash to capture are Absol and Metagross (giving Ash a Psychic type). We can assume Goh will get Flygon in the Sand Tomb's episode, and it appears he will get Heracross on next week episode. Question is if he will capture Heracross or if he will trade his Pinsir. (It appears Goh's Pinsir is female and it will have a crush on a wild Heracross or something, I'm not sure).

+ Return of Alola's gang: It doesn't surprise me, honestly. I mean, it's obvious that the characters with the highest probabilities to return are the ones from the previous Generation. Like Misty in Hoenn, May in Sinnoh, Dawn in Unova... etc. I'm quite sure that, when Ash and Goh go to Alola, Goh will be impresed to discover that Ash is Alola's first Champion in its Pokemon League.

+ Celebii: His appearance in the trailer could be a mere reference to the episode where this opening debuted; but I suspect maybe there will more than that. Maybe Celebii, and time traveling adventures, will turn something regular in the series for now on. By they way, do you have any idea how it was possible for regular Celebii and the Shiny Celebii for the new movie to appear in the latest episode?

This is getting too long, so I will post the second part later.

PsychoLogical

Saw that special a few mins ago. Confirms two things: Sobble’s battling and that we’re getting a Bird Trio ep soon. Along with that, the part with the Volcano is where I’m expecting Aerodactyl’s appearance where I’m also expecting Go to capture it, basically a fossil hunting ep.

D

Deleted member 384931

I wonder why 3/4 of the opening in shown so soon?
Btw they can just say that Ash has to defend his title as Champion so a year past and the baby is born

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Next part:

+ Ash with Lucario and Goh with Cinderace VS Eternatus: It doesn't surprise me, honestly. Everything aimed that Ash's Riolu and Goh's Cinderace will evolve soon enough. What it surprises, however, is seeing them against Gigamax Eternatus. I know Eternatus already appeared in the anime, but this battle it's the climax of Galar's region; so I believe this is too soon for that. Ash should be at some steps of the Master Class for this battle to happen. By the way, I think I saw an announcement of a playset figure of Pokemon representing this scene; only the Pokemon shown were Pikachu, Scorbunny, Lucario and Greninja.

+ Slumbering Weald: This scene called my attention too. Although it's too son for Ash and Goh fighting Eternatus like in the games, maybe they will fild the Rusted Sword and the Rusted Shield that they will eventually need for that battle and summon Zacian and Zamazenta.

+ Ludicolo and several Marshtomps: First thing to come to mind is the potential return of Brock, but I'm not entirely sure. Other than that, maybe these Pokemon will be the main characters in a future episode and will become an important role. If I have to guess, maybe Goh could capture the Ludicolo (who might be the evolved Lombre from the other episode); and although I'm not entirely convined, MAYBE Ash could get one of those Marshtomps. Swampert could be a good Pokemon for Ash, when I think of it.

+ Goh capturing Zapdos and possibly the other Kanto's Legendary Birds: I believe this is officially ridiculous. I mean, There's no way you can capture Zapdos, Articuno o Moltres by just throwing a Poke Ball like Goh mostly does. If Goh does this, it will be a big insult to fans' intelligence. This is not like Ash capturing Meltan and then it evolves into Melmetal. Then again, I think this could actually involve their Galar's Forms at some point.

Or Goh catches all three Kanto Birds but Ash catches their Galarian counterparts.

Funny, the same idea came to my mind. It would be silimar to how Goh captured the Kanto's Farfetch'd while Ash captured the Galar's Farfetch'd.

Last thing to say is that, very likely, this opening will suffer several updates as time and episodes pass. Some examples:
+ Pokemon evolving: Raboot evolving to Cindearce, and Riolu evolving to Lucario. Several scenes will have to be adapted when this happens.
+ Ash's Farfetch'd and Riolu: Surely this will become Sirfetch'd vs Lucario at some point.
+ Team scenes: Surely they will be adapted with new captures and evolutions. Ash's scene could change with Riolu and Farfetch'd evolutions, and any other capture Ash can have in the future. In Goh's team, Raboot's evolution will be adapted, but maybe Skowet and Sobble will evolve too. I suspect Goh's giant Magikarp could soon evolve to Gyarados too.
+ Random scenes: The scenes with Alola's gang, Celebii, Ludicolo and the Marshtomps, and Galar's Fighting Gym Leader could be replaced once their episodes are passed.
+ Final scene: This scene could suffer modifications too, showing Ash and Goh's teams, according to new captures and evolutions.

PsychoLogical

Then we have Bea running around with a scraggy and hawlucha which I know isn't a good sign.
I mean, Hawlucha isn’t even that good and Scraggy is downright awful anyways.

JoaquinLorie

Based on the small preview:
1. Ok so there's going to be a pre-historic pokemon episode, probably where Goh catches Aerodactyl.
2. Episode 36 is Sobble vs Flygon apparently
3. Zapdos episode incoming too
4. We can see Riolu double team vs Octopus
5. Pikachu using iron tail in a battle
6. Raihan and Leon appear again both?
7. Alola with Raboot and Pyukumuku

Zapdos episode is what im really interested in. Apart from the Bea episode.

dman_dustin

See I just don't understand why people are okay with Go. I mean some of these captures I don't care about but seriously (I mean there's only 2 that obviously bother me):

Sobble
Heracross
Pikachu
Flygon
Aerodactyl
Zapdos
and God knows what else.

But all Ash gets is a Lucario, because they couldn't be damned to put the next Ash capture Pokemon in the opening.

Seriously I'm not joking. If people don't want rotation, they don't want Ash to get one Pokemon from each generation then Ash's team is just going to be pretty lack luster, heavy on the first 3 captures being fan favorites but no variety.

Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Sirfetch'd
Reserves

That's all I see, maybe we can get Typhlosion, Serperior, Garchomp, Decidueye, Melmetal, Incineroar with reserves but no more captures after Farfetch'd and let's say he does get it. It's probably his last capture of the series so 1 pokemon out of 900 Pokemon and odds are it's not going to be the best choice.

It could be a Luvdisc for all I know and you would think Go would get that.

esquilo09

Based on the small preview:
1. Ok so there's going to be a pre-historic pokemon episode, probably where Goh catches Aerodactyl.
2. Episode 36 is Sobble vs Flygon apparently
3. Zapdos episode incoming too
4. We can see Riolu double team vs Octopus
5. Pikachu using iron tail in a battle
6. Raihan and Leon appear again both?
7. Alola with Raboot and Pyukumuku

Zapdos episode is what im really interested in. Apart from the Bea episode.
Can I see this preview?

PsychoLogical

See I just don't understand why people are okay with Go. I mean some of these captures I don't care about but seriously (I mean there's only 2 that obviously bother me):

Sobble
Heracross
Pikachu
Flygon
Aerodactyl
Zapdos
and God knows what else.

But all Ash gets is a Lucario, because they couldn't be damned to put the next Ash capture Pokemon in the opening.

Seriously I'm not joking. If people don't want rotation, they don't want Ash to get one Pokemon from each generation then Ash's team is just going to be pretty lack luster, heavy on the first 3 captures being fan favorites but no variety.

Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Sirfetch'd
Reserves

That's all I see, maybe we can get Typhlosion, Serperior, Garchomp, Decidueye, Melmetal, Incineroar with reserves but no more captures after Farfetch'd and let's say he does get it. It's probably his last capture of the series so 1 pokemon out of 900 Pokemon and odds are it's not going to be the best choice.

It could be a Luvdisc for all I know and you would think Go would get that.
You’re srsly making assumptions that Go’s getting Zapdos? Give me a break, its likely only a visual like Grubbin in SM. And it’s smarter to keep Ash’s next capture a secret than outright spoiling it. Builds up hype since Ash’s captures are often and more likely to be hyped than Go’s. Not hard to understand.

D

Deleted member 384931

You’re srsly making assumptions that Go’s getting Zapdos? Give me a break, its likely only a visual like Grubbin in SM. And it’s smarter to keep Ash’s next capture a secret than outright spoiling it. Builds up hype since Ash’s captures are often and more likely to be hyped than Go’s. Not hard to understand.
And what IF he catches it?

PsychoLogical

And what IF he catches it?
Then whatever. Doesn’t actually matter to me if he gets Zapdos since I see nothing special about it. And Legendaries havent really been special over the years and are no more than just common mons in the anime now. For this situation, I’m only interested if Ash is getting a Legendary himself later down the line.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I love Goh's character, but if he catches Aerodactyl and Zapdos without Ash catching anything, then my eyebrows might rise slightly.

Ash has gotten so many popular pokemon in such a short time that I almost forgot that his goal is meant to be battling. Hopefully his pokemon get some shine (looking at you Gengar).

Also if Goh gets these 2, then they would be 2 powerful pokemon new outside of his established "team".

I am interested in seeing how they handle his team and rotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.