• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zariful

I’m really interested to see where this anime is gonna go. We already know Eternatus is already out there. Do we think the the actual darkest day story will happen sooner rather than later

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I’m really interested to see where this anime is gonna go. We already know Eternatus is already out there. Do we think the the actual darkest day story will happen sooner rather than later
I kinda question why, though. That looks like the thing they'd put on hold until the Journey's last year, not early. Same for riolu's and raboot's final forms (damn, even scorbunny's evolution was too early). That make me think if they're planning some sort of mid season endgame and let the PWC finals as the real endgame, but, if Ash's team ends up a league tier team way before the finals... what will he do, keep catching fully evolved/single stage pokemon, alternating with one or two mons that can still evolve? So much padding.

dman_dustin

my thing is Goh cannot realistically capture all the pokemon as i doubt they will revert the ban on porygon's line

At this point after so long. I feel like they do need to bring it back, I mean even if the blame is towards Porygon, I'm not sure why that included Porygon2 or Porygon-Z or why even Gamefreak created them.

I get Porygon2 because that was probably already in the works when the episode aired.

But Porygon-Z was a future generation thing and would've likely been created knowing the logic. If people have no problem with Porygon in the games, I'm not sure I understand the logic at this point in time of preventing it from being in the anime.

I guess they don't want to risk any issues, but I still fail to see why it's fine in the games but otherwise not fine in the anime.

Red and Blue

They kind of did the same thing by having the Nebby and Lusamine storyline happening fairly early in SM. If they do Eternatus and Rose right away they can get to the Armor and Tundra DLC.

Would be great timing since that deals with GMAXing your starter and Go will have Cinderace by then

This might be a contrarian opinion, but I actually want more Riolu screen time since the series thus far has done an absolutely terrible job at developing his character. Of course, there's these one-off battles and moments, but there's been zero focus episodes with this series really not giving Riolu any sort of depth at all. It's incredibly unfortunate that a Riolu can have such a entertaining personality with screen time to showcase that personality, yet be so basic and plain when you scratch the surface.

At the very least, I want this series to make better use of the screen time it gives to Riolu which actually might be more important since it's been utilized so badly so far.

MartínK

+1 in Pokemon Heroes
1 in DP
Also 12 minor appearances.

So not as much as I thought, but it's not exactly hurting for appearances when compared to Cradily, Carracosta or especially Tyrantrum (who still only has the Bonnie episode).

But Mega Aerodactyl is the worst one. Fair, though if Ash had to get a Mega I want Mega Charizard Y for redemption.

Ash Charizard moveset is Wing Attack, Slash, Flamethrower and Dragon Tail, 3 of 4 attacks are psychical, so Charizard X makes more sence.

I really hopes Ash next capture is Tyranitar or Blaziken.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Power Up said:
It's incredibly unfortunate that a Riolu can have such a entertaining personality with screen time to showcase that personality, yet be so basic and plain when you scratch the surface.

"Basic and plain" pretty much sums up the Riolu line. Riolu and Lucario are meant to be cool and appealing to kids, but I don't think they really need to have intriguing personalities since their mere presence is usually enough to guarantee more merchandise sales.

kickachu

Momentai!
Since goh is building a team
here is my team prediction for him
1.Scorbunny-Raboot-Cinderace-His ace
2. Scyther-scizor- His main battler and learn night slash
3. Sobble - Drizzle- Inteleon-Once Sobble gains a bit more confidence it will evolve and learn hydro pump
4. Heracross- Unlike ash's Heracross it'll be more battle ready
5. Flygon- Goh's main flying and dragon type
6. Rhyhorn- unlike ash he catches a rhyhorn while in fuchsia city's safari zone

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Since goh is building a team
here is my team prediction for him
1.Scorbunny-Raboot-Cinderace-His ace
2. Scyther-scizor- His main battler and learn night slash
3. Sobble - Drizzle- Inteleon-Once Sobble gains a bit more confidence it will evolve and learn hydro pump
4. Heracross- Unlike ash's Heracross it'll be more battle ready
5. Flygon- Goh's main flying and dragon type
6. Rhyhorn- unlike ash he catches a rhyhorn while in fuchsia city's safari zone
Ash’s Heracross wasn’t battle ready? We remember the Sinnoh league differently my friend. He got in a major hit on Darkrai and did great against Nando. Frankly, I think the issue was more of a lack in screen time, not a lack in battle capability

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash’s Heracross wasn’t battle ready? We remember the Sinnoh league differently my friend. He got in a major hit on Darkrai and did great against Nando. Frankly, I think the issue was more of a lack in screen time, not a lack in battle capability

It's also his strongest Johto Pokemon lol

kickachu

Momentai!
I mean early johto where he sucked on bulbasaur's bulb and only had two battles until it was transferred for Taurus and then Battle Gary's magmar and Blastoise , Spencer's venasaur, Nando's Kricketune and Tobias's darkrai. with 4 losses and 3 wins

Master Pikachu 11

I don’t think Goh is going to catch Zapados, but if he does and the writers want to go down that road, then they are going to have to give Ash a legendary as well. They can’t have one protagonist get a legendary and not give the other, especially when It took Ash 22+ years to get his first mythical. I don’t care if it’s Goh’s goal to catch all the Pokémon. If he gets Zapados, then they need to give Ash an Articuno, or Suicune or even Entei

MartínK

Movesets change everytime he shows up. Also I think we had enough of Mega Charizard X. Y would be more appropriate for Ash.

I think that when Charizard returned in Unova the writers should gave it the following moveset:

Air Slash
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Inferno (Gen V move)

That would be an amazing Charizard Y.

Master Pikachu 11

I think that when Charizard returned in Unova the writers should gave it the following moveset:

Air Slash
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Inferno (Gen V move)

That would be an amazing Charizard Y.
Well if and when Charizard comes back I want Seismic Toss to be back in its move pool as it is one of his iconic moves, that I was really disappointed that they got rid of it when it returned in Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.