• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

kickachu

Momentai!
Since zapdos and marshtomp were a no catch and there would be no time for dracovish to appear the dark arc what else you expect

ShadowForce720

I don't want Ash to get a Fire type this series. He already has enough as is (Its the third most type he owns after Fighting and Flying).
So I suppose you also want Ash to skip out on getting a Grass and Water type Pokémon as well since Ash has around the same number of Grass and Water type Pokémon as he does Fire type Pokémon.

PsychoLogical

I don't want Ash to get a Fire type this series. He already has enough as is (Its the third most type he owns after Fighting and Flying).
I really doubt they're going to not have Ash own another Fire type this time around, it's just a type that they can't seem to stop having Ash own. Likely out of the usual tradition of it and how marketable the type is. And it's also basically one of the "cool and strong" types and very often give off strong shounen vibes since Fire types are often very powerful and action packed based like the other two "cool and strong" types which are Fighting and Dragon types. Why else would they always seem to have Ash own a Fire type in every series and nearly getting a Fighting type in every series and now getting an increasingly high number of Dragon type captures. This time around seems no different since I'm not convinced that they're just going to not have Ash own another Fire type this time around even with the unpredictability of Pokemon Journeys and as an additional side note: To me, it doesn't look like Dragonite will be his only Dragon type capture this time around either.

WhoCares

CheeseLad Maximus
I can't see Ash with that, as it would cause Ash physical pain and could even kill him.
Yeah of course . Drifloon kidnaps children after all . When ash can survive flamethrowers , 10000 volt shocks , what can a cute little doll possibly do to him.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
She wouldn't do those things if she actually cared about Ash. Ash's Gengar didn't curse him for example
Hatterene's Pokedex entries outright mention it attacking anyone with strong emotions. I expect it to be used by Bede.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Centiscorch would be fine, just give Ash his sixth already. As long as it ain't Grookey or the fossil abominations, I honestly don't care what he catches. Just don't want to wait another 10 episodes for it to happen...
I don't really understand why him getting his sixth Pokemon needs to happen now, though. Gangar and Kamonegi could use a lot more development, so I'm not seeing why Satoshi should catch another Pokemon in the near future that could potentially overshadow them further when he should probably be training the ones that he already has first [and not just Riolu].

Red and Blue

Hatterene's Pokedex entries outright mention it attacking anyone with strong emotions. I expect it to be used by Bede.
I swear you are taking the Pokedex entries way too seriously. First with The Galarian fossils and now with Hatterene. If Bede can own one without any danger to him then Ash can as well

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I can't see Ash with that, as it would cause Ash physical pain and could even kill him.
Why? I would like to see Ash with Grimmsnarl.

I don't really understand why him getting his sixth Pokemon needs to happen now, though. Gangar and Kamonegi could use a lot more development, so I'm not seeing why Satoshi should catch another Pokemon in the near future that could potentially overshadow them further when he should probably be training the ones that he already has first [and not just Riolu].
That's writers' problem that they don't showcase Gengar and Farfetch'd. If we can get like 15 Pokemon screen-time in SM( 5 Ash's Pokemon + 1 Lillie's, +2 Lana's + 2 Kiawe's( Charizard got way less focus), + 2 Sophocles + 1 Mallow + TR's 2 Pokemon), why shouldn't we now get like at least 10 of them( 8 Ash's + 2 Go's)? Especially since Go only uses Raboot and Sobble( and rest of his Pokemon are like recurring and one-timers) and Ash uses only 3 out of 5,sadly. TR don't have their Pokemon. So we could easily see Ash catching at least 3 more Pokemon and that still wouldn't be as much screen-time as SM cast had.
So point is, Ash should catch more Pokemon( to have 8 at least) since obviously Go's main two Pokemon are Sobble and Cinderace.Pretty sure if writers can handle 15 main Pokemon in cast in SM, they could handle 10 too...

Last edited:

Icy-Snowflake

In my opinion, Gengar needs more screentime than development...