• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Its sad that in gen 8 anime Im excited every time we see Pokemon that belongs to gen 8. Cuz it doesnt happen much..

Zariful

The way they've been treating some of the team feels like they've gone ass backwards after Sun & Moon.

Poor Gengar and Dragonite, it really feels like they're just there to be character props recently (worse in Gengar's case since it's been doing f-all after Korrina's battle). Heck, don't even get me started on how they even kind of goofed up with Pikachu (y'know, the mascot) with the recent episode it got.
I mean Dragonite at least gets good cameos. Gengar just kind of disappeared

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
Its sad that in gen 8 anime Im excited every time we see Pokemon that belongs to gen 8. Cuz it doesnt happen much..

I'm actually glad that they're taking their time with Gen VIII Pokemon debuts, especially because in the meantime we've seen the return of older Pokemon that hadn't appeared in a long time, such as Chikorita and Yanyanma making their first appearances in over 500 episodes last week.

esquilo09

I'm actually glad that they're taking their time with Gen VIII Pokemon debuts, especially because in the meantime we've seen the return of older Pokemon that hadn't appeared in a long time, such as Chikorita and Yanyanma making their first appearances in over 500 episodes last week.
Agreed. Btw I wonder how that Morpeko ended up in Kanto?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
There’s definitely people who’d prefer that but most people here seem to like him getting old Pokémon. Personally I feel it’s a waste considering most of these new Pokémon will never get significant roles. I’m just hoping he catches at least 2 more so I’m not just half interested in Sirfetch’d all season

Honestly, from Galar the only thing I'd like Ash to get is Corviknight. Predictable I know, but a cool pokémon for him.

Other than that, I'm glad he skipped everything else.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I mean Dragonite at least gets good cameos. Gengar just kind of disappeared
Ghosts, I’m right?

I kinda wish Gengar’s capture was pushed a little more, so it could keep being more like your (not so) friendly ghost to everyone in the labs, kinda contrasting with dragonite's team dad (mom?) tendencies.

I suppose that’s the drawback of have the two first members already fully evolved, you can’t milk their appearances too much.

Honestly, from Galar the only thing I'd like Ash to get is Corviknight. Predictable I know, but a cool pokémon for him.

I can’t say I’m sad about the lack of screentime to the Galar mons. It’s probably because of that I’m don’t care that much. I’d still like if Ash had the rolycoly and hattena lines, anyway.

Last edited:

Zariful

I do expect Ash to get more Galar Pokémon
Ghosts, I’m right?

I kinda wish Gengar’s capture was pushed a little more, so it could keep being more like your (not so) friendly ghost to everyone in the labs, kinda contrasting with team dad (mom?) tendencies.

I suppose that’s the drawback of have the two first members already fully evolved, you can’t milk their appearances too much.
My hope is that when Ash rematches Bea in Galar, it ends up becoming a 3 v 3. Where Farfetch’d and Riolu potentially get some revenge. But maybe Gengar gets some redemption and we see Ash use another Gigantamax Pokémon other than Pikachu. Because I imagine, they’d want Bea to eventually show off her Gigantamax Machamp. We know she has 11 Pokémon and Machamp is one of them.

ShadowForce720

One thing I notice about episode 33 after watching it in English Subs is that after Koromi
showed Goh all the Bug Pokémon she had and mentioned that she had a complete set of all the Bug type Pokémon from Sinnoh, Go mentioned that he wanted to get a complete set of Sinnoh Bug type Pokémon.

So I’m thinking that at some point there is probably going to be a episode where Go tries to catch all the Bug type Pokémon of the Sinnoh Region. It’s probably going to be a bit before we get that episode though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
One thing I notice about episode 33 after watching it in English Subs is that after Koromi
showed Goh all the Bug Pokémon she had and mentioned that she had a complete set of all the Bug type Pokémon from Sinnoh, Go mentioned that he wanted to get a complete set of Sinnoh Bug type Pokémon.

So I’m thinking that at some point there is probably going to be a episode where Go tries to catch all the Bug type Pokémon of the Sinnoh Region. It’s probably going to be a bit before we get that episode though.

I hope he winds up catching a bunch of Combee, hoping for a female only to constantly get males lol

Ultra Beast Lover

Paul's not my favorite but we didn't really see just how much his character has changed so that'd be neat. Alain is kinda boring, honestly. Like Paul's a jerk but you remember every little thing he did to get under everyone's skin, Gary was annoying but you remember him being annoying, almost every rival not from XY could be remembered for their quirk no matter how dumb it was, I don't remember Tierno or Trevor or Treeko boy or Alain, I remember Shauna because she introduced Serena to the world of fashion.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

I'm kind of wondering something myself, looking at the opening I wonder if Gou's primary pokemon outside of the starters is going be focused on "bug" themed pokemon.

Scyther and Heracross are there...and while Flygon is a dragon/ground hybrid, it is based off a dragonfly.

esquilo09

I'm kind of wondering something myself, looking at the opening I wonder if Gou's primary pokemon outside of the starters is going be focused on "bug" themed pokemon.

Scyther and Heracross are there...and while Flygon is a dragon/ground hybrid, it is based off a dragonfly.
Actually Flygon is based on the winged, adult stage of the antlion. Oftentimes, the adult antlion and dragonfly are confused with one another, and Flygon could draw inspiration from both. In fact, some species of dragonflies are commonly called "sand dragons", which could account for Vibrava and Flygon's type combination. In keeping with its Dragon type, it also possesses a dragon-like build and reptilian features such as its arms and tail.

tbh, that mainly has to do with Galar being the newest region and people need to warm up to its mons still (And Meltan and Melmetal were counted towards gen 8, which didn't help either), so the majority of the Galar votes were gonna be split amongst the majority of the mons anyways.
It wasn't caused by split votes.

Maybe I should have use Johto instead of Galar. They total count for Kanto Top 30 is higher than Johto Top 30. Perhaps the can cast vote for 1 pokemon each region, but doesn't mean that it is mandatory to vote for each region, so a person can just vote for Greninja without voting for other gen.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Only in the games, that logic doesn't apply in the anime as mythicals are the ones that have the most canonical doubles(Celebi in particular). While legendaries... far as we know, there's only one Ho-oh. And when you remove the Kanto birds from the equation, we actually haven't seen that many legendaries appear again after their initial episode debut

Celebii can be explained by "time clones"; you know, one of the insanities related with time traveling's powers. And no, Legendaries are no longer as unique as they used to be. There MIGHT be just one Ho-Oh (although I'm not so sure), but most of the other Legendaries have proven to have several members. Do you remember the Lugia baby and his mother from Johto? And the Shiny Entei, Raikou and Suicune from the Zoroark movie? And the three Regis from the Tree in Kanto while the Leader of the Battle Pyramid had three too? Some Legendaries can only have ONE members, but other, don't be so sure.

Mew is too elusive to be caught by anyone. The mystery around Mew and its USP is how it always hides from humans. Doubt they'll change that. Goh catching Mew is like Ash becoming a Pokemon master. Never gonna happen.

Don't be so sure. Of course Ash will become a Pokemon Master, but that will only happen when the anime is completely over and Pokemon will reach its end. And I don't think we are so away from that, considering they can no longer make games big enough to house so many Creatures, Attacks and other data.

Why are people saying that Ash is gonna catch Mewtwo?

Because by following Goh's goal to catch Mew, it will be inevitable that their search will lead them to find Mewtwo somehow. And if Goh gets Mew, than Ash COULD get Mewtwo, as Mewtwo seems more like a fighter than Mew itself.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:
Paul's not my favorite but we didn't really see just how much his character has changed so that'd be neat. Alain is kinda boring, honestly. Like Paul's a jerk but you remember every little thing he did to get under everyone's skin, Gary was annoying but you remember him being annoying, almost every rival not from XY could be remembered for their quirk no matter how dumb it was, I don't remember Tierno or Trevor or Treeko boy or Alain, I remember Shauna because she introduced Serena to the world of fashion.

Shinji was one of the few non-cast member characters that was actually handled well. Usually the writers put most of their efforts into developing cast members, but they found the right balance in DP since they were able to develop Satoshi, Hikari, and Shinji even though Shinji wasn't part of the group [although I think he should've been]. Takeshi sort of suffered, but he was always going to be the odd man out anyway.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:

I hope not. It's not that I have anything against Bug-types or Pokemon that resemble insects, I just don't see the point of the writers trying to give Gou's team a Bug theme if they're going to have Messon and Aceburn on the same team.

desdar300

I think it just has to do with Pokemon being inspired by real-life bug catching which is probably what they're trying to emulate with go.
It's just a nod to the series roots and that's why I go himself pretty much treats his Pokemon like a bug catching collection

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

I like Corviknight and wouldn’t be against him having one but it’s far from my top picks. Things like Centiskorch, Obstagoon, Grimmsnarl, Dragapult, and Rillaboom are all up there. But I’ll take anything even if it’s something like Greedent

Status
Not open for further replies.