• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I’d still like if Ash had the rolycoly and hattena lines, anyway.

I've used those on my playthrough. They aren't that but quite underwhelming if you ask me.

I like Corviknight and wouldn’t be against him having one but it’s far from my top picks. Things like Centiskorch, Obstagoon, Grimmsnarl, Dragapult, and Rillaboom are all up there. But I’ll take anything even if it’s something like Greedent

Centiskorch is a good fit but I think it'd fall on the "hard to animate issue". Obstagoon would be cool but I dunno... Seems more like the kind of Pokémon fit to Piers-esque characters.

I dunno, I wouldn't oppose Ash having a Obstagoon but seems out of place for Ash.

But then the show's changed my perceptions on wether pokémon are a good fit for him or not so there's that

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm still hoping Ash gets a Corviknight
Obstagoon would be nice too since I'd always wanted him to get Linoone, and Obstagoon's my favorite Galar Pokemon.

And I'd happily sacrifice Grookey if it means getting Flapple or Appletun on the team, they're more interesting than yet another monkey.

esquilo09

I'm still hoping Ash gets a Corviknight
Obstagoon would be nice too since I'd always wanted him to get Linoone, and Obstagoon's my favorite Galar Pokemon.

And I'd happily sacrifice Grookey if it means getting Flapple or Appletun on the team, they're more interesting than yet another monkey.
I also had enough with Ash catching monkey-like Pokémon ever since he traded Aipom.

I actually don't mind what gen 8 mon Ash catches(except Grookey). I don't mind if he will have a Corviknight, Alcremie, Obstagoon or even a Toxtricity.(If the writers finally allow Ash to catch a second electric type.)

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
After today's episode, I'm convinced Morpeko will be captured by Team Rocket... Somehow.

And the preview of the next episode, with so many Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee, I really wish Ash will get one like in the games. My bets of Hitmonlee, which has a higer Attack than Defense.

esquilo09

After today's episode, I'm convinced Morpeko will be captured by Team Rocket... Somehow.

And the preview of the next episode, with so many Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee, I really wish Ash will get one like in the games. My bets of Hitmonlee, which has a higer Attack than Defense.
How popular is Hitmonlee?

Zoruagible

I've always seen Ash as more of a Hitmontop guy

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
But Hitmontop is not popular so Ash won't catch it.

Why are we assuming Ash will only get popular Pokemon?

Everything he caught this season (with the sole exception of Farfetch'd) were Pokemon fans wanted Ash to catch for years. Riolu being the biggest one.

There's no proof they were necessarily caught because of popularity.

World Turtle

A lot of people want it, it's why I get so frustrated that they drag his captures out as it's ridiculous it took him as long it did to get one Galar Pokemon. I don't want it being the same length to get his second Galar Pokemon

I don't mind him getting old Pokemon, I always wanted him to catch old Pokemon. But it should have been old, Galar, old, Galar, Galar, old, old, Galar, old, Galar.

Maybe that's what they'll do now that they've gotten the Kanto pandering/captures (Mr. Mime-still a (?) there, Dragonite, Gengar) out of the way?

Its to early to say but they've done Old (Sinnoh-Riolu), Galar (G-Farfetch'd), so the next would be Old (maybe a Tyrunt Fossil or something from Alola?)

I just hope they don't break the rule of him always getting at least 5 of the current gen Pokemon

I prefer six since that's what it takes to make a full team. I prefer each region to be able to fully 'represent' itself without Pikachu being on the team since he's Ash's starter/sidekick (AKA franchise mascot) and leaves at the end of every series leaving them one short (of course Kalos and Alola are currently 3 short and 2 short respectively...).

I really want Ash to get Corviknight, Dragapult, Toxtricty, Obstagoon (or at least Galar Linoone), and Rillaboom.

dman_dustin

Everything he caught this season (with the sole exception of Farfetch'd) were Pokemon fans wanted Ash to catch for years. Riolu being the biggest one.

Okay but.....since when did a lot of fans wanted Ash with any of the Hitmons?

World Turtle

Okay but.....since when did a lot of fans wanted Ash with any of the Hitmons?

From what I've seen most people wanted Ash to get his original Kanto Fighting type (Primeape) back rather than him get one of the Kanto Hitmons. Not sure about Hitmontop though since he's from Johto.

Of course seeing as Ash was still using his Kanto mons during his Johto run that might have also been a point against Hitmontop if people were still hoping Primeape would come back.

Obviously it's not purely made up of fan fiction like I said earlier, because of the duck.

I feel it should be pointed out Galar Farfetch'd's evolution Sirfetch'd was number 11 on the pokemon of the year poll so his evolution is popular.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

I mean the leading reason for them wanting to be on the cast is their popularity and his team last season was compromised solely of popular Pokémon good for marketing (2 starters, 2 Pokémon exclusive to the enhanced versions, and the brand new legendary to cross promote Go and LGPE) so I don’t think expecting his team to be solely composed of highly popular Pokémon is an illogical perspective.

Not to mention nearly everyone here shifted to the POTY poll and overall reception of the fan base once we got confirmation for Riolu to determine what was likely. It can easily be that they were caught due of fan demand because of their popularity. They’re not mutually exclusive

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:

I don't have any particular interest in that evolutionary line, and frankly I don't think Satoshi's going to receive one in the next episode since nothing hints at that happening. I personally don't like scenarios where characters are given gift Pokemon, anyway.

Red and Blue

I'd be ok with Ash getting a Hitmon if he didnt already have Galarian Farfetch'd. If he does get a third Fighting type I'm hoping it's something with a dual typing

Zoruagible

I'd be ok with Ash getting a Hitmon if he didnt already have Galarian Farfetch'd. If he does get a third Fighting type I'm hoping it's something with a dual typing

Kubfu qualifies as such.
Still rooting for Single Strike Urshifu

Status
Not open for further replies.