• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
in all honesty im team previous gen for ash this series while it may be subjective only 3 pokemon from gen 8 fit ash for me... corviknight centiskorch sirfetch i would say 4 in kubfu but i rather ash have regular pokemon on his team than a legendary

nickdt

Why are we assuming Ash will only get popular Pokemon?

Everything he caught this season (with the sole exception of Farfetch'd) were Pokemon fans wanted Ash to catch for years. Riolu being the biggest one.

There's no proof they were necessarily caught because of popularity.

Yeah, i he was getting Pokemon based on popularity, he would have gotten Sobble into Inteleon.

Master Pikachu 11

One thing I notice about episode 33 after watching it in English Subs is that after Koromi
showed Goh all the Bug Pokémon she had and mentioned that she had a complete set of all the Bug type Pokémon from Sinnoh, Go mentioned that he wanted to get a complete set of Sinnoh Bug type Pokémon.

So I’m thinking that at some point there is probably going to be a episode where Go tries to catch all the Bug type Pokémon of the Sinnoh Region. It’s probably going to be a bit before we get that episode though.
Where do you go to see the English subs?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wish Serena would return with a Grookey instead of Ash or Goh getting it.

but she can't have nice things in this anime
Oh I like Grookey (but not its final form). I do however want her to have new Pokemon badly

tsunamimijumaru

My speculation for the rest of Ash's captures this series:

Kanto: Done

Johto: Tyranitar

Hoenn: Absol

Sinnoh: Done

Unova: Reuniclus

Kalos: Aegislash

Alola: Golisopod

Galar: Rillaboom, Corviknight, Frosmoth, Dragapult, Urshifu SS

All these mons are on the popularity poll for this year, I don't know how popular they are in Japan so all I can go off on is the 2020 poll. While they aren't obligated to give Ash something from every region I reckon it can happen however, we're in the 30's now and he's only caught 4 mons so I don't know how likely all of these are unless there a couple episodes where he gets back to back captures. I think the main thing for me is him catching a full team of Galar mons as they're the most recent ones introduced to the franchise and need some good exposure. We don't know the episode title after the Flygon episode so that could be Ash getting out of his depression and getting a new capture like Tyranitar and then Golisopod when he returns to Alola.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
My speculation for the rest of Ash's captures this series:

Kanto: Done

Johto: Tyranitar

Hoenn: Absol

Sinnoh: Done

Unova: Reuniclus

Kalos: Aegislash

Alola: Golisopod

Galar: Rillaboom, Corviknight, Frosmoth, Dragapult, Urshifu SS

All these mons are on the popularity poll for this year, I don't know how popular they are in Japan so all I can go off on is the 2020 poll. While they aren't obligated to give Ash something from every region I reckon it can happen however, we're in the 30's now and he's only caught 4 mons so I don't know how likely all of these are unless there a couple episodes where he gets back to back captures. I think the main thing for me is him catching a full team of Galar mons as they're the most recent ones introduced to the franchise and need some good exposure. We don't know the episode title after the Flygon episode so that could be Ash getting out of his depression and getting a new capture like Tyranitar and then Golisopod when he returns to Alola.
Oh I didnt know that Rillaboom is popular

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
Yeah, i he was getting Pokemon based on popularity, he would have gotten Sobble into Inteleon.
Not exactly,
iirc there was an interview which said that the Sobble Episodes were written/made before even the Sw/Sh games even released, So they didn't know it's popularity.

Sword master zacian

Not exactly,
iirc there was an interview which said that the Sobble Episodes were written/made before even the Sw/Sh games even released, So they didn't know it's popularity.
I thought they knew wobble was gonna be popular in Japan but they weren't sure about it outside of Japan
Masuda and ohmori said in the sobble interview

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Tbh Grookey is already wasted if it debuts so late.
It's evolutions sure will be rushed which kills any hype I had. Much prefer Grookey over the evolutions :/

Sword master zacian

Tbh Grookey is already wasted if it debuts so late.
Unless they gave it to ash and did what they did to chimchar or something like that
And if they gave it to goh sure it's wasted since goh will just let it hang around with him and nothing else just rushed Evo. And whatever happened with raboot which is also kinda wasted cuz it doesn't do anything else despite being debuted earlier

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think almost everyone here loves or at least tolerates Paul and not Alain so I bet most folks would cheer for Paul to win. :p
No. Paul should not even be allowed to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.