• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Mythical-Moonlight

Tbf, can anyone explain why do you people don't want Grookey in Ash's Team?
I think it will get a good showing of the evolutions. Also if Leon can have two starters (one of previous Gen)in his team why not have Ash own one.
I can't speak for everyone else but I feel like Grookey could possibly be shafted like G.Farfetch is if it goes to Ash.

But if Grookey does take the spotlight away from Lucario then it's acceptable.

Tho personally I just think it'd be cute af if Grookey joined Cinderace and Sobble's "family" since Ash's Team completely lacks chemistry imo

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

I think it will get a good showing of the evolutions. Also if Leon can have two starters (one of previous Gen)in his team why not have Ash own one.
I can't speak for everyone else but I feel like Grookey could possibly be shafted like G.Farfetch is if it goes to Ash.

But if Grookey does take the spotlight away from Lucario then I'll be alright with that
I just don’t see the point anymore for it to go to Ash due to how outrageously late its debut will be unless they rush the evos.

nickdt

Because at this point, its literally to late to have a 3-stage evolution line in base form.

Because a basic starter this late (past ep 40)in a team full of fully evolved /strong Pokémon doesnt really fit.

AuraChannelerChris

The Dragon / "Dog"
Tbf it's not like he was much better in the games
He was a quirky businessman whose public disguises were too obvious to see through and he endorsed an orphan. This was simply plenty to work with.

...Which...is all swept under the rug to show he's a well-intentioned extremist right off the bat in the anime. Without proper buildup.
Did you forget Paul? Pikachu/electabuzz rivalry, staraptor/honchkrow rivalry, torterra/torterra rivalry, infernape/electivire rivalry
On a personal level, it's only Infernape and Electivire. Pikachu was just lucky to crack a few shots with Electivire when it was an Elekid.

Otherwise, Ash and Paul did not truly have two Pokemon trying to beat the other's two Pokemon on such a personal level with their own trainers compared to Infernape's deal with Electivire...or, actually Paul, because Electivire was clearly more morally better than his trainer and Electivire was simply Infernape's wall to make Paul apologize to him.

Last edited:

LucarioFTWs

Is it me but I don’t want Ash to catch this pokemon or that pokemon. After the DD arc, I really just want to see some more pwc battles. I feel like the only two good ones were korrina, bea, and maybe vizquez. Right now for me, the pwc is really lackluster and I’d rather have ash just have a journey in galar and takes on the gyms. The writers really need to bring in some relevant old characters. Korrina was great and I hope to see her more, but chuck i could care less honestly. I don’t want to see any more legendary pokemon fights which benefits ash absolutely nothing because he never attempts to catch them (alongside giving everyone a heart attack whenever the next legendary speculation for goh). I want to see more of the PWC and less of off-screen training and randomly boosting up into a different class and I’m sure others feel the same as i do. They also need to work a lot more on Ash’s team chemistry and balancing out the bs screentime. And if the writers don’t step up their game, the fight against Leon is not going to have the same hype effect as the kalos league.

Crybaby Sobble

Hats off....
I just don’t see the point anymore for it to go to Ash due to how outrageously late its debut will be unless they rush the evos.
At least it's evolutions will get a decent showtime.Giving it to Goh will be like another base stage starter
Because a basic starter this late (past ep 40)in a team full of fully evolved /strong Pokémon doesnt really fit.
Say that to KAMOON or I guess Chimchar.

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
Atleast we are done with the Zapdos and Marshtomp discussions
So we can move on to which ever other Pokemon are promoted next? There's always going to be some potential captures that get over-hyped and end up not happening, so nothing's really going to change. I'm actually thinking that the Galarian Ponyta situation might be the same in the end.

AuraChannelerChris

The Dragon / "Dog"
Did you forget Paul? Pikachu/electabuzz rivalry, staraptor/honchkrow rivalry, torterra/torterra rivalry, infernape/electivire rivalry
You guys are missing the entire point, yes the Cameron loss was worse than the Tyson loss for ASH, but for Pikachu losing the a meowth in boots is more bs than losing to a lucario after defeating 2 mons.
I thought the point in this string of replies was to simply point out Pikachu being the last member to defeat the last opponent's Pokemon does not really mean Ash will win the battle (no matter how stupid the loss is).

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So we can move on to which ever other Pokemon are promoted next? There's always going to be some potential captures that get over-hyped and end up not happening, so nothing's really going to change. I'm actually thinking that the Galarian Ponyta situation might be the same in the end.
Yes, so we can move to discuss other and new things. Not all topics get so irritating like the one I mentioned so.. :)

dman_dustin

I only wanted Rillaboom if he got Inteleon.

I'm sick of Ash being forced the grass starter and either it doesn't evolve or in only in one instance it evolves one or maybe twice in two instances, with one getting screwed over by not getting battles it could win.

Ash with Inteleon would've been the best choice since it would've given him a 2nd fully evolved water type Pokemon and match with his grass starters and would be a much better Torterra even if it could never beat Greninja in all respects except maybe battles in its Inteleon form as Greninja didn't do too well.

On top of that they decided to be stupid about the starter distribution and Grookey is taking too long that I do not want it on Ash's team. If they were going to force it on his team, they should've given it to him instead of Farfetch'd, I mean if they don't feel obligated to show Grookey, not sure why they'd feel obligated to have it show up in most episodes, plus starters have been screwed over in the past in comparison to others.

Just give the thing to Go since he's apparently the only one who deserves Pokemon apparently.

The idea Ash was going to catch a lot of Pokemon is a bust, he's only getting one more and I sure as hell don't want Grookey nor Dracovish to be Ash's final Pokemon.

What a shitty series to be a world series and just screw Ash over of a decent amount of Pokemon especially 8th generation Pokemon and justify this decision with capture boy. Especially deciding capturing is more important than battles wherewe could've gotten more Gengar, and Farfetch'd.

You guys are missing the entire point, yes the Cameron loss was worse than the Tyson loss for ASH, but for Pikachu losing the a meowth in boots is more bs than losing to a lucario after defeating 2 mons.
How?

It was Meowth's only battle whereas Garbage's Riolu almost lost to Snivy after defeating Unfezant and simply evolved to beat it and Pikachu.

Team Rocket's Meowth being trash is not the standard to treat all Meowth. If Pikachu can be treated like a small god so cana Meowth not to mention Pikachu got done defeating Metagross.

How losing to a fresh Meowth is worse than a Lucario who had to evolve to win, I will not understand.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

People can still acknowledge that Lucario makes money and hate it. Weird you don't see it that way!
His point is that we don’t want to hear it, you are entitled to your dislike of it, but to constantly complain about it gets annoying after a while. We get it you don’t like the Pokémon, but those that do like it, don’t want to hear it, just like people get annoyed with Goh sometimes and those that like Goh don’t want to hear the hate for him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
Yes, so we can move to discuss other and new things. Not all topics get so irritating like the one I mentioned so.. :)
My point was that it'll just happen all over again with different Pokemon next, such as Mewtwo since a lot of people previously believed that Satoshi might get it, or worried that Gou might capture it. Suicune is also another popular capture option, as is Uonoragon. So if we're talking specifically about capture theories that will go on for weeks or months, then those are the main ones to watch out for.