• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
I found out just now that Trevor had a Florges and Aerodactyl. For some reason I forgot about them and only remembered him having a Charizard that Mega evolved when he battled Alain. That shows how forgettable the poor guy was.

If I remember right, they were swiftly defeated by Lizardon and only Florges got a chance to showcase an attack before being promptly beaten. Trova got the short end of the stick considering who he was up against.

Zariful

You know based on the intro scenes, I’ll lean towards Aerodactyl joining Go’s team since Gengar was battling Sobble and Raboot. So even though Go has many a more Pokémon he could have on his squad, the ending scene has him with Raboot, Sobble, Heracross, Scyther and Rad Fly(Flygon). Meanwhile Ash is with Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu and Farfetch’d. All of his Pokémon that are currently on hand and he’s using for battle purposes. And we know that the merch hinted that not only Riolu and Farfetch’d ‘s evolutions are on the horizon, but another capture for Ash could be happening soon. For argument sake, say my theory about that Ludicolo and those Marshtomp leads to Ash catching a Swampert. Maybe that ending scene leads to some changes and if Ash gets a new Pokémon, they’ll add one of more Go’s more prominent members to the ending for symmetry sake.

I'd be okay with that. Since Raboot and Sobble seem to be showcased pretty well as Gou's walking Pokemon, I don't have a problem with him catching Grookey. My biggest concern was them getting dumped off at the Lab but if that's not the case then it's not so bad.
Are you really okay with Raboot just standing there making faces? I suppose it is better than staying at the lab but it isn't much.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Ash doesn't, the Grass starter is the one that needs to stay off his team.
He only ever owned one non-starter Grass type, Leavanny. So there are plenty of Pokemon out there that he could get instead like Breloom, Tropius, Phantump(RIP), Gogoat, Flapple/Appletun, and Zarude
Sobble's the one that should be on his team, the only Water out there is basically Piplup -_-

nickdt

Assuming Ash and Go are also in the picture the only question is which boy is Grookey next to

Well... Grookey is next to Sobble and it seems to be the end of the page, so if the boys are on there, its on Goh's side.

Ibrahim Saidu

I hope Ash doesn't, the Grass starter is the one that needs to stay off his team.
He only ever owned one non-starter Grass type, Leavanny. So there are plenty of Pokemon out there that he could get instead like Breloom, Tropius, Phantump(RIP), Gogoat, Flapple/Appletun, and Zarude
Sobble's the one that should be on his team, the only Water out there is basically Piplup -_-
Look, Ash having Grookey will not stop him from getting other Grass Types like Gogoat etc

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
EfodOW0UYAUlPgR

Grookey anime debut soon? :eek:
Given the fact that it's right next to Sobble's tail seems to indicate Grookey may be Gou's. Tho it's worth noting that they do seem to facing different directions so there's that. I wonder where Raboot is located on this picture

Unless it's just another run of the mill generic poster featuring all 3 Starters

But if Grookey is indeed showing up soon then I question why it wasn't in the recent opening theme which was otherwise jam packed with spoilers?

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I want to be optimistic and hope that this is a sign of Sarunori's anime debut, but considering that it's received merchandise and appeared on posters since as far back as this series first premiered, I'm not sure if this is really evidence of its upcoming appearance.
We'll know for sure if the full version of that image shows Raboot (or Cinderace)

If it's just Scorbunny then it probably means nothing

Pteranodonte

What new moves do you think Galarian Farfetch'd will learn
Well, I hope it reveals something like Dual Wingbeat to beat Hawlucha, and maybe a fighting move like Brick Break. For his final moveset I'd like to see Meteor Assault, Brave Bird, Solar Blade/Leaf Blade and maybe First Impression to catch Psychic types by surprise. Poison Jab would be nice too for Faeries.

desdar300

So after I went over to Bulbapedia and did some research on go as a character I think it makes a lot of sense why go got both Raboot and Sobble.
Go is incredibly passionate about his goal of catching Pokemon as well as his actual name literally meaning to move from one place to another resonates pretty well with the ace line who's obsessed at honing their craft of Kicking and running around like actual football players.
I think Sobble and by extension Drizzle represent his intelligence but also introverted nature.
It's kind of cool that he's kind of dealing with Pokemon reflections of himself

Status
Not open for further replies.