• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Ignition

Love when the mods can’t do their jobs properly
How funny and crazy fans would be at one point people were like ash gonna get 25-30 mons this season now dying to see and ash struggling to get his 6th pokemon.
Exactly why I expect him to catch 6 at most this season

Did you forget Paul? Pikachu/electabuzz rivalry, staraptor/honchkrow rivalry, torterra/torterra rivalry, infernape/electivire rivalry
Only Pikachu/Infernape & Electabuzz/Electivire were rivalries. The rest were just one episode interactions.
Ah, watching people have such hatred towards the Lucario usage is just hilarious to witness, really.. Y'all realise how making money works right? If you've got your hands on one of the most marketable Pokemon out there, you push it and push it to see how much money you can squeeze out..
Everyone understands how marketing works when the same dozen Pokémon get pushed every generation lol. You can understand how something works and still not like it. Don't know why that's so hard to comprehend.

PsychoLogical

Random side note: I’m still not convinced Ash is only getting a low amount of captures like he normally would. And I’m esp not going to be convinced he’s not getting at least 5 Galar mons in total.

Red and Blue

Sucks that Ash probably won't be catching any Pokemon from the other five regions at this rate. I wanted him to get a Blaziken, Tyranitar, and Zoroark.

BUT, if they keep the world tour for Gen 9 he may have the opportunity

PsychoLogical

Sucks that Ash probably won't be catching any Pokemon from the other five regions at this rate. I wanted him to get a Blaziken, Tyranitar, and Zoroark.

Who’s to say that captures from the other regions still won’t happen. And we’re still not even halfway towards the series anyways.

Decidueye23

Everyones acting like ash is not going to get anything and lucario is the only pokemon he ll use. I we are not even half way through. I agree that dragonite and gengar could use some screen time, and Gfetchd def needs some development. I think after DD we ll get atleast some Gfetch'd development. So i dont think ash wont get anything else only because of lucario. I am still hoping he will get 3 to 4 more. With atleast 2 more being galarian.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Decidueye23 said:
Everyones acting like ash is not going to get anything and lucario is the only pokemon he ll use.
I've yet to see anyone make that claim: it's more like some viewers are prepared for the possibility that whatever Pokemon Satoshi catches next would be overshadowed by Lucario, but of course that won't stop Satoshi from getting new Pokemon, anyway.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Only Pikachu/Infernape & Electabuzz/Electivire were rivalries. The rest were just one episode interactions.
In fact, one could argue Paul's Torterra was more of a mentor to Ash's then a rival and if there was one of Paul's pokemon that Ash's Torterra had beef with.. it would be Honchkrow.

Pikachu -> Electivire
Infernape -> Electivire
Torterra -> Honchkrow: never resolved.
Gliscor -> Gliscor: not really a rivalry, but after it's loss in it's evolution episode, it kinda had something to prove toward its former packleader, but this didn't get resolved.

PsychoLogical

In fact, one could argue Paul's Torterra was more of a mentor to Ash's then a rival and if there was one of Paul's pokemon that Ash's Torterra had beef with.. it would be Honchkrow.

Pikachu -> Electivire
Infernape -> Electivire
Torterra -> Honchkrow: never resolved.
Gliscor -> Gliscor: not really a rivalry, but after it's loss in it's evolution episode, it kinda had something to prove toward its former packleader, but this didn't get resolved.
In the end, Paul’s Gliscor was never seen again after Grotle became a thing and Honchkrow stopped being used basically.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
In the end, Paul’s Gliscor was never seen again after Grotle became a thing and Honchkrow stopped being used basically.
With how Paul chooses his teams, you can't infer too much from that. Ursaring slayed Ash at Lake Acuity, but Paul went for four/five unknowns - but used Ursaring to wreck Barry.

The fact that we didn't see his Gliscor or Honchkrow put in more work doesn't mean that he ditched them (we know he kept Honchkrow, but Gliscor is an unknown).

Master Pikachu 11

This series goal is to promote all Pokémon and we have not come close to that as we are only on episode 42. We still got plenty of time since the staff doesn’t feel like they are in any hurry. Also Ash is still in the lower portion of the super class, so he still has a long way to go before this series ends

Sidagam

I imagine we'll get Lucario (obviously) and Sirfetch'd before Ash catches anything new. Which I wouldn't mind. Be good if Ash caught something already established like Gengar and Dragonite, and then maybe something a bit more underdeveloped that requires more attention and training.

Once the DD arc is done it would be good to get some more PWC focus. And if they are going to be doing small 1v1s, share them out to the team please. It's easy screen time

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Don't act like they are clueless idiots, they put that pokémon in that position exactly to make us think it would be Ash's next pokémon. They did it on purpose. Just like the Kalos League final title.
Never said they were idiots.

What I was saying is that I highly doubt the people responsible for this merchandise had any intention on misleading everyone. They'll promote the pokémon that were picked for Ash when they want to but in this case they were just hyping up a secret figure in an-anime related set, not Ash's next capture.

Much like what happened with Sobble we just ASSUMED they were hinting at something they didn't intend to do.