• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Obviously it's not purely made up of fan fiction like I said earlier, because of the duck.

I'm not sure how Farfetch'd really counts in this.

I mean them choosing Farfetch'd was likely before we even knew Sirfetch'd exist on top of it being an 8th generation Pokemon.

It's hard for there to be argument that just because Ash is getting Sirfetch'd that negates the "Fan fiction" (not that I agree with that label) concept of Journey's of Ash getting fan favorites.

Because HOW can you have fan favorites for Pokemon that no one knows exist. And it at least likely takes over 6 months to take into consideration of any fans.

And even the top 30 poll of the Galar Pokemon must be taken with a grain of salt because not much time had passed, I doubt many hard opinions of the 8th generation. I do wonder if after all this time, if there was to be another Galar poll I do wonder if we'll get the same Pokemon? Because I doubt it'll be: Dragapult, Toxtricity, Snom, Alchremie, Cinderace, Zacian, Yamper, Wooloo, Inteleon, Sirfetch'd in that exact order. I mean it could be but I doubt it.

So 8th generation have to automatically be excluded here, because there's no way to take into account fan fiction ideals, and fan favorites when there was no such thing that existed.

After all I didn't know Grimmsnarl was a thing until it was leaked, so therefore that couldn't be my favorite 8th generation Pokemon before then, and it still wasn't my favorite 8th generation Pokemon when it was revealed because I didn't know what else there was, but after all this time, it has become my favorite 8th generation Pokemon followed by Inteleon, Toxtricity, Hatterene, Corviknight, Frosmoth, Copperajah, Morgrem, Impidimp, Eternatus, Rillaboom, Grapploct, Cinderace, Orbeetle, Dragapult, Centiskorch.

I think 8th generation has to be excluded from this conversation, there's no way they could know what people liked something if people didn't know it existed. They likely wanted Sirfetch'd as a counter to Go's Farfetch'd and probably because Sirfetch'd is the embodiment of Sword and Shield more to than Zacian and Zamazenta because it's one Pokemon instead of two.

Edit: However I'll give you some leeway, they should've at least known to choose a starter over Sirfetch'd in terms of popularity.

esquilo09

Ok, ok I get it(sheesh), let's see if Ash catches unpopular or least popular mons, then.

Zariful

Someone catching one of those Marshtomp be it Ash or Go is the hill I’m gonna die on until we actually get the episode and see what happens. Btw it took me a while to realize in that scene that Go and Ash’s team are shown off fighting, Farfetch’d is actually riding on Dragonite’s back which will likely look even cooler when it evolves into Sirfetch’d. On another note, I’m hoping the Alola crew returning means Kukui and Burnett in the episode. I feel like unlike Greninja in kalos, Ash’s old Pokémon in Alola are harder to just ignore the existence of. I can imagine a scene similar to the scene with Gurkin’s Lucario that Go tries to catch Ash’s potential Lycanroc and Melmetal, and they just ignore him to hug Ash.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Someone catching one of those Marshtomp be it Ash or Go is the hill I’m gonna die on until we actually get the episode and see what happens. Btw it took me a while to realize in that scene that Go and Ash’s team are shown off fighting, Farfetch’d is actually riding on Dragonite’s back which will likely look even cooler when it evolves into Sirfetch’d. On another note, I’m hoping the Alola crew returning means Kukui and Burnett in the episode. I feel like unlike Greninja in kalos, Ash’s old Pokémon in Alola are harder to just ignore the existence of. I can imagine a scene similar to the scene with Gurkin’s Lucario that Go tries to catch Ash’s potential Lycanroc and Melmetal, and they just ignore him to hug Ash.

Well Greninja's too popular to just bring back like that, they'd give him his own episode and everything when he inevitably shows up. Like with Charizard in BW

It'd be a more casual trip to the region that sees Greninja show up, like them going for Goh and Ash stumbles across Greninja while he's there, or Sycamore just calls them lol

G-Farfetch’d was a curve ball. If it was going to be popular mons only then Sobble would’ve gone to Ash instead. There’s really no logic in thinking only popular/marketable mons will be captures for Ash even if the recurring theme of whatever Ash captures is related to marketability. Until Ash officially gets more than 5 captures is when we should actually judge if the pattern is related to popularity/marketability.
In pokemon of the year poll filtered by Galar region:
10th - Intelleon - 20697 votes
11th - Sirfetch'd - 20217 votes

My wishlist for upcoming Alola episodes.
1.Kiawe to get Mega Stone for MCY.
2. Sophocles ,Mallow and Lana to have 1 new Pokemon
3.Go to fight Lana, Ash to fight Kiawe.
4.Ash to catch Pokemon in Alola( it doesn't have to be Gen 7 Pokemon)
5.Ash's Incineroar to have a battle( PWC battle)
6.All Ash's Alola Pokemon get transported to Cerise/Oak's lab)
7.TR to meet with their Pokemona dn Bewear and they take Mimikyu and Maeranie with them.
8.Kiawe to enter PWC too.
I want Ash to battle a challenger in Champion Battle.
But Ash-Greninja losing to Alain's Mega Charizard is total and complete bullshit, always will be.
As much as I hate that Ash lost against Alain, I have to admit that Ash-Greninja is still weaker than Mega Charizard X at that time. While both have mid-battle temporary evolution, Mega Charizard X have been training for a lot longer and do not have defensive weakness against Water Type attack due to the secondary Dragon Typing. While Ash-Greninja resist Fire Type attack, Blast Burn damage is twice as high as Battle Bond boosted-Water Shuriken and Ash-Greninja durability is just meh...

Too bad Alain throw away the mega stone... I want a PWC rematch...

Last edited:

Zariful

Until I see actual evidence of Rowlet, Incineroar, Lycanroc and Melmetal showing up, I’m hyping responsibly.

Zoruagible

7.TR to meet with their Pokemona dn Bewear and they take Mimikyu and Maeranie with them.

I'm down for Kiawe getting Y
That'd be more likely that Ash get X, X may be overexposed but nobody interesting really has it. Just Alain and Red...

Zoruagible

Until I see actual evidence of Rowlet, Incineroar, Lycanroc and Melmetal showing up, I’m hyping responsibly.

Lycanroc was in the ending

And G-Max Melmetal is also the one unobtainable G-Max form atm, at the rate it's going they're probably going to have Ash's go G-Max to promote the event, Raid, whatever for it going live

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
G-Farfetch’d was a curve ball. If it was going to be popular mons only then Sobble would’ve gone to Ash instead. There’s really no logic in thinking only popular/marketable mons will be captures for Ash even if the recurring theme of whatever Ash captures is related to marketability. Until Ash officially gets more than 5 captures is when we should actually judge if the pattern is related to popularity/marketability.

Sirfecth'd is super popular, everyone loved the thing when it was revealed, seems to be popular from the get go.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Lycanroc was in the ending

As were many other Pokemon that were sorted in gojuon order. I've lost track of how often I've said this, but the Pokemon Shiritori Opening was a word game, and Lugarugan and Sarunori were specifically placed together with Riolu as part of that naming pattern.

Leonhart

Imagineer
CMButch said:

I would want the Rocket-dan to reclaim Mimikkyu and Hidoide and send them to Sakaki's base, although given that they left them behind to begin with, they probably won't try to get them back. It's a shame because I liked those two, and I'd rather see them as Gachat Pokemon every once in a while instead of only seeing them when the Rocket-dan goes to Alola.

klutzybewear

Question, has anyone of Ash’s previous companions caught a new team member after their journey together with Ash (off screen)? I can only remember Misty with her Azurill and most of them had evolved their Pokemon at the time they made a return to the series. I just want to see a new team member on the possible returning companions, rivals, gym leaders or champions.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Question, has anyone of Ash’s previous companions caught a new team member after their journey together with Ash (off screen)? I can only remember Misty with her Azurill and most of them had evolved their Pokemon at the time they made a return to the series. I just want to see a new team member on the possible returning companions, rivals, gym leaders or champions.
No, its only May. Only evolutions like Venusaur and Glaceon for May.

Red and Blue

You guys are giving up way too early on Ash's Alolan team not appearing. If they actually remembered the classmates then his Pokemon are a no brainer

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If any reserves are to return in Pokemon Journeys which I actually expect, The alolan squad will def be the first since they’re very recent and since they’re heading to Alola soon, it’d be the perfect opportunity since the alolan cast is obviously returning. I just have zero hope that the Johto, Hoenn (except maybe Sceptile) or Unova squads could return even if Totodile and Corphish had small cameos (indicating that they still remember them) during the SM series when they headed to Kanto as part of Pokemon’s 20th anniversary.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
You guys are giving up way too early on Ash's Alolan team not appearing. If they actually remembered the classmates then his Pokemon are a no brainer
I don't think that they can do that without having Burnet and Kukui appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.