• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Maybe it'll be about some new Pokemon Ash will be getting? Who am I kidding it'll probably be about Lucario and Cinderace.
Eh cmon, where’s the fun of Ash’s captures getting spoiled, how can anyone be truly hyped if we get spoiled early. If Ash’s next capture is something that could be considered high tiered then its better for it to not be spoiled. Likely will be about future events post JN036 tho.

PsychoLogical

Anyone else want Ash's Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd with ability Scrappy?

Not sure how impressive steadfast is.
I’m down. Steadfast has never been shown in the anime anyways. Same with Scrappy but Scrappy’s ability concept is much easier to show than Steadfast. Riolu also looks like its been hinted to have Prankster from when it was using Double Team in an unusually high speed so i dont see why they cant give Farfetch’d its HA as well.

World Turtle

Eh cmon, where’s the fun of Ash’s captures getting spoiled, how can anyone be truly hyped if we get spoiled early. If Ash’s next capture is something that could be considered high tiered then its better for it to not be spoiled.

That's fair and it would excuse the absence of anything new in the OP.

Likely will be about future events post JN036 tho.

That might give us something to discuss at least like if there is an episode about a wild Eevee, Tyranitar, etc.

MegaSalamence05

If there's a Unova Pokemon that I want Ash to catch is Stoutland after considering a few options like Hydreigon, Haxorus or Chandalure for example.

Stoutland because of the Incineroar connection and Ash has a couple great Normal Types Like Snorlax, Staraptor, Swellow and his other normal, flying types.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Decidueye23 said:
IF any of the past rivals appear in the PWC i hope its alain only because he is one rival i would like ash to beat finally.

I've seen people say this before, but I don't know if I see eye-to-eye with the whole redemption excuse since Alan won fair and square last time, so I personally don't think that Satoshi needs to get even with him. I just don't see how it would change anything that happened between them in XY.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MegaSalamence05 said:
If there's a Unova Pokemon that I want Ash to catch is Stoutland after considering a few options like Hydreigon, Haxorus or Chandalure for example.

Stoutland because of the Incineroar connection and Ash has a couple great Normal Types Like Snorlax, Staraptor, Swellow and his other normal, flying types.

Considering that his most notable pure Normal-type wasn't even given the courtesy of being on his team for more than a couple months at most during the Orange Archipelago arc and then only seen again sporadically afterwards, I think that even the writers realize that pure Normal-types aren't worth showcasing on Satoshi's team. And I really think that the idea of Satoshi capturing a Mooland just because his Nyabby was best friends with a different one a long time ago is rather flimsy.

PsychoLogical

Tbh I think there’s a reason why the writers dont have Ash catch normal types anymore since its been a long while since he caught one and used on his team. Just not worth it. More likely to be having him catching ones like Dragon, Fire, or Fighting types since they’re considered to be the “cool” types and think they would be more attractive to many.

ShadowForce720

Considering that his most notable pure Normal-type wasn't even given the courtesy of being on his team for more than a couple months at most during the Orange Archipelago arc and then only seen again sporadically afterwards, I think that even the writers realize that pure Normal-types aren't worth showcasing on Satoshi's team. And I really think that the idea of Satoshi capturing a Mooland just because his Nyabby was best friends with a different one a long time ago is rather flimsy.

I don’t think that just because Ash’s pure Normal types weren’t in his team for that long that it somehow means that the writers didn’t think that they would worth showcasing.

I he hasn’t gotten a pure Normal typing since gen 1, but if however what does that say about the other types like Ghost and Steel that it took a while before Ash finally got Pokémon of those types.

I mean so what the writers didn’t think it was worth giving Ash a Ghost, Steel, Dark type or another Ice, or Poison type for so long.

I mean I really don’t think it’s a case that a pure Normal type can’t be cool or worth it, especially considering they tend to have good move pools.

And there are pure Normal type Pokémon that are popular or have some degree of popularity.

dman_dustin

I really like Exploud its one of the most versatile normal types that can either be physical or special

But even I'm not sure I want Ash with it. The only other notable normal type is Meloetta but I'm not sure I want that either.

Stoutland is meh to me as its unlikely Ash's Incineroar would bond with it so it would be strange.

ShadowForce720

Oh in case anyone is curious these are the abilities that Ash’s current team(excluding Pikachu) can have(also this doesn’t take into account if there ability changes do to Mega Evolution):

Dragonite:
Inner Focus
HA: Multiscale

Gengar:
Cursed Body
Levitate(only if the writers don’t mind giving it a ability that it no longer has accessed to.)

Riolu/Lucario:
Steadfast
Inner Focus
HA: Prankster/Justified

Galarian Farfetch’d/ Sirfetch’d :
Steadfast
HA: Scrappy

Mr.Mime(seems to be a reserve):
Soundproof
Filter
HA: Technician

Status