• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Is there a reason Normal Types are being discussed
Related to someone saying they want Stoutland to be a potential Unova capture for Ash later on mainly cause of Incineroar’s history with one.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Considering that his most notable pure Normal-type wasn't even given the courtesy of being on his team for more than a couple months at most during the Orange Archipelago arc and then only seen again sporadically afterwards, I think that even the writers realize that pure Normal-types aren't worth showcasing on Satoshi's team. And I really think that the idea of Satoshi capturing a Mooland just because his Nyabby was best friends with a different one a long time ago is rather flimsy.

This. Normal types that don't have a secondary type are lame as ****. They're mostly tanks like Snorlax or Miltank or else just cute little things that don't serve a purpose. If Ash gets a Normal type then it had better be something like Dunsparce which he actually wanted to catch before any ways, not some lame dog thing.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Personally I'm not a fan of the rivals that are only around to be jerks with no depth. Gary's only reasons for being a jerk that I remember were he was better at being a trainer than Ash and apparently he had I guess hired cheerleaders to follow him around. It would've been interesting if it was revealed that he was under a lot of pressure due to being Oak's grandkid, this would then make his interaction with Chloe interesting. You can of course go too far in the opposite direction and have them be so nice you forget 90% of what they said and/or did so there has to be a balance. The anime is at least able to do that, usually.

I think Chloe can figure out what she wants to do without meeting Gary but I think Gary will definitely come back for another reason like maybe to compete in the PWT. :D

PsychoLogical

None that I know off. Might of started with people speculating Eevee
It's from someone that wanted Stoutland to potentially be a Unova capture for Ash later in this series from mainly due to Incineroar's history with one.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Related to someone saying they want Stoutland to be a potential Unova capture for Ash later on mainly cause of Incineroar’s history with one.
Ah I see. Wouldn’t mind one but it’s not on my priority list. I don’t think there’s any Normal Types I’d want besides Porygon Z but we all know how much the anime loves its line
None that I know off. Might of started with people speculating Eevee
Never saw the appeal to Eevee or the Eeveelutions but if one must come on the main cast, I’d hope Go would showcase it and its evolutions.

PsychoLogical

Ah I see. Wouldn’t mind one but it’s not on my priority list. I don’t think there’s any Normal Types I’d want besides Porygon Z but we all know how much the anime loves its line
Well I mean, This series is prob the only time they could finally have Porygon2 and Porygon Z make their debuts since apparently the writers want to try showcasing every single known mon to exist in this series (Prob why alot of mons that haven't been seen for a long time started to appear again and why the dreaded Gacha exists) still a very slim chance tho unfortunately since they still can't seem to permanently move on from that day and try to have Porygon appear once again and I don't think there are any records or mentions from the production staff over the years regarding Porygon which sucks even more.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Well I mean, This series is prob the only time they could finally have Porygon2 and Porygon Z make their debuts since apparently the writers want to try showcasing every single known mon to exist in this series (Prob why alot of mons that haven't been seen for a long time started to appear again and why the dreaded Gacha exists) still a very slim chance tho unfortunately since they still can't seem to permanently move on from that day and try to have Porygon appear once again and I don't think there are any records or mentions from the production staff over the years regarding Porygon which sucks even more.
I don’t blame them for not wanting to showcase it but it does suck since it’s my third favorite Pokémon so it’s sad that I’ve accepted the fact that it’ll never appear in a proper role

MegaSalamence05

I put Stoutland out there as a possible Pokemon to Ash catch is due to the limited normal types. His only pure Normal Type is Snorlax.

Similar to both Ice and Ghost he only has 1 of each being Glalie and Gengar. The obvious connection to Incineroar. (Good development and final closure be a good way to top off and capitalize on the Litten/Stoutland pair) (I wished there was more work to be done on that side of things). That's it and that's the reason. Yes more type diversity is fine and all but like Illima said being Normal is just fine to me. I started the conversation that's it

Applecorp

Yes their rivalry towards each other's training styles is over.

What you don't seem to understand is that there are various forms of rivalries and can be started and stopped at all times.

Ash and Paul had the same goal of winning the Sinnoh League and thus were rivals. They also argued over what is the best way to train Pokémon. This whole rivalry was an antagonistic rivalry.

Ash and Paul and Ash and Stephan were rivals because each wanted to win the League. Their rivalries were completely different. Stephan and Ash pushed each other to do better and always offered to train with one another.

Right now, Ash and Paul are not rivals in either sense in terms of ideology or goals. However, if Paul decides to enter the World Coronation Series, that makes him Ash's rival once again because they will both have the same goal of being #1. Their relationship towards each other will probably be much more respectful but due to both sharing a goal a new rivalry would be ignited.

In various tournaments like the Wallace Cup, Don George tournaments, and the Alola League, Ash referred to his traveling companions and classmates as rivals because once again they had the same goal of winning the specific tournament. After the tournaments ended, their rivalries ended.

If Paul comes back then cool but one thing that makes me uncomfortable is thinking about how he would act. Like it will be so weird if he's nice to Ash because of their rivalry ending. We barely got to see them talk after their Sinnoh League match so having a chance to see how much Paul's changed is thought provoking lol.

Zariful

I’ve honestly pictured a moment where Ash is fighting an Aegislash with Sirfetch’d and Ash commands it to use Meteor Assault and everyone thinks Ash made a big mistake, but then it’s revealed Sirfetch’d has scrappy. Go already has a zen mode Darmanitan, so giving Ash a hidden ability Pokemon doesn’t seem too outlandish. I know it was already acknowledged Gengar doesn’t have access to Levitate anymore. Probably would’ve made that knock out to Bone Rush even more tragic

ShadowForce720

I’ve honestly pictured a moment where Ash is fighting an Aegislash with Sirfetch’d and Ash commands it to use Meteor Assault and everyone thinks Ash made a big mistake, but then it’s revealed Sirfetch’d has scrappy. Go already has a zen mode Darmanitan, so giving Ash a hidden ability Pokemon doesn’t seem too outlandish. I know it was already acknowledged Gengar doesn’t have access to Levitate anymore. Probably would’ve made that knock out to Bone Rush even more tragic

That wouldn’t be tragic as that’s more of a case that some people don’t fully understand the type of immunity Flying type Pokémon and Pokémon with the ability Levitate has and why they are immune to Ground type moves in the first place.

Mew29240

That wouldn’t be tragic as that’s more of a case that some people don’t fully understand the type of immunity Flying type Pokémon and Pokémon with the ability Levitate has and why they are immune to Ground type moves in the first place.

They really should retcon moves like Bone Rush to be able to hit Flying-types and Levitating Pokemon like Thousand Arrows can.

Zariful

I guess that’s in the eye of the beholder then. I personally think if Gengar lost to Bone Rush if it had levitate when it is supposed to prevent damage from ground type moves would’ve made Gengar’s defeat more depressing considering it hasn’t appeared much. I think Ash’s Noctowl did get hit by a dig back in johto. Honestly I never understood why certain ground moves still play by the rules of the immunity when they’re not really using the ground in their attack.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Zen Mode is pretty much the default for Darmanitan in the anime... so that's nothing new per say. Still, Ash having a hidden ability Pokemon feels long overdue since it's introduction in Gen 5

Status
Not open for further replies.