• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
If Paul comes back then cool but one thing that makes me uncomfortable is thinking about how he would act. Like it will be so weird if he's nice to Ash because of their rivalry ending. We barely got to see them talk after their Sinnoh League match so having a chance to see how much Paul's changed is thought provoking lol.

I'd also find it a little bit awkward to see Satoshi and Shinji interact after all that they went through together in DP. I always found it a little unsettling that they settled their differences in a battle, especially since Satoshi basically let Shinji off the hook despite his maltreatment of Hikozaru.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PsychoLogical said:
Pidgeot, Butterfree, and Lapras are gone for good. Goodra, Naganadel, and Greninja aren’t. Big difference.

I don't even want to imagine the levels of plot contrivances that would have to be pulled to make Agoyon return in a manner that isn't completely random.

Red and Blue

I don't even want to imagine the levels of plot contrivances that would have to be pulled to make Agoyon return in a manner that isn't completely random.
It's not really contrived or random if Ash already has the means to access Ultra Space. And if Ultra Beasts are going to appear in PM2019 then that's already a gateway for Ash's Naganadel to come back

Decidueye23

I just hope a new title is announced soon so we dont have the to discuss the same episodes over again
We already know about the next few eps thanks to that trailer with aerodactyl and zapdos. But yeah new titles would give clarity as to what we can expect from those episodes

Master Pikachu 11

That’s why I believe Greninja is possibly the most realistic of the three that may have a chance to come back. I don’t expect Naganadel to come back and help Ash out with the PWC since it only back to fight against Kukui as a way to repay Ash for helping it restore the light to its home. That’s why I want him to catch another Alolan Pokémon to take its place instead of having the writers to try to conveniently bring it back to Alola for some reason and to bring it to another region to use it in battle against say the Master of 8 class, where it’s more likely and realistic to have Kukui come and bring Ash his Alolan Pokémon with him for Ash to use just like officer Jenny came to bring Squirtle.

nickdt

Sorry but Greninja doesnt count. Ash still has his Pokeball. Not a true release. So its still a reserve.

tbh, you can make the argument he also still has the Pokeballs for Pidgeot, Lapras and Butterfree instead of permanent releasing his mons, since if he releases them permanently, they can be caught by other trainers.

tbh, you can make the argument he also still has the Pokeballs for Pidgeot, Lapras and Butterfree instead of permanent releasing his mons, since if he releases them permanently, they can be caught by other trainers.
That is the difference between Ash releasing his pokemon and Jessie releasing Dustox.

The writer always leave room open for his pokemon to return.

nickdt

That is the difference between Ash releasing his pokemon and Jessie releasing Dustox.

The writer always leave room open for his pokemon to return.

Yes and its yet another difference between Ash and Paul.

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:

Unless we saw those Monster Balls in his possession on-screen after those releases, I would assume that he probably reused them for capturing other Pokemon. I don't see why it would bother Satoshi if someone else captured his released Pokemon, anyway: chances are that he'll never see any of them again, so I just wouldn't see why he should have a problem with those Pokemon moving on without him considering that he isn't their owner anymore.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Unless we saw those Monster Balls in his possession on-screen after those releases, I would assume that he probably reused them for capturing other Pokemon. I don't see why it would bother Satoshi if someone else captured his released Pokemon, anyway: chances are that he'll never see any of them again, so I just wouldn't see why he should have a problem with those Pokemon moving on without him considering that he isn't their owner anymore.
I mean I could see him still hanging on to the pokeballs. He did with Poipole after releasing it, returning it to its Ball when it came back as Naganadel. That said, I still would think the Pokémon counts as released. Goodra is the only one I’m on the fence with but I do believe Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras, and Naganadel are officially released. I only don’t know with Goodra because to me it was unclear if it was like a Pidgeot situation or more like when he left Charizard and Gliscor behind.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
People actually still remember that thing exists? Lulz.

I legit used one during a Gold playthrough. It had Rock-type Hidden Power, so it wasn't completely useless. :p

Garchomp being mean looking doesn't mean that it does not deserve love. Let me remind you of the professor sycamore's garchomp. It was such a good little(big technically) boy. The looks of a pokemon doesnt define what it's personality is. Moreover a trainers attitude is what defines a pokemon's nature is . A cute pokemon like marshadow can also be evil as seen in the movie. So I have no problem even if ash catches a darkrai coz I know that ash'll treat his pokemon well and they'll behave in return.

For the last time, the post was in response to somebody saying that as opposed to Flygon -> Garchomp would be a pokémon to suit Ash better. I personally disagree. I have no problem with Ash capturing scary'ish pokémon - or even Garchomp. But in a Flygon v Garchomp comparison, I personally believe that Flygon fits Ash's general aesthetic better.

I actually wouldn’t mind Ash getting Flareon. Out of all the Eevelutions, it is the least represented in the anime and most underused. Plus he needs another Fire type to rely on since he can’t use Charizard all the time and his other Fire types have their own niche that isn’t always present or viable for every time he needs a Fire type. Pignite and Quilava are mid stages and don’t have the endurance to last in a drawn out battle, Torkoal heavily relies on heating itself up and wasn’t that strong in Hoenn as it lost more often than it would win, Talonflame is more of a flyer on his team, and Infernape’s strength is too heavily reliant on the Blaze ability. Incineroar is left but it is more into physical one on one battling than the others.

Using the AniméDex counting named characters and not counting movies:

Eevee: 11 - Including May, Serena, Lana, Gladion (in flashbacks), Ursula and Virgil among others.
Vaporeon: 7 - Virgil and Ursula and a bunch of others. I'm expecting Lana to have one soon as well.
Jolteon: 6 - Virgil and some others.
Flareon: 7 - Virgil and Ursula and a bunch of others.
Espeon: 5 - Most notable was Anabel's and Sakura's of course Virgil also had one.
Umbreon: 5 - Including Gary, Virgil and Gladion
Leafeon: 3 - Zoey, Virgil and a random girl in Kalos Contest-thingie. You don't even need to scrolldown to see every appearance it had.
Glaceon: 4 - Including May and Cynthia.
Sylveon: 3 - Including Serena and Valerie.

So come again how Flareon is the most underused Eeveelution.

Your arguments for the Fire-types are also lame as heck. I get that Torkoal, Quilava and Pignite are auto-voted out of competition even if they had major victories under their belt that show endurance
- Quilava has beaten stuff like buff pokémon like Steelix when it was a Cyndaquil. It is no slouch. But perhaps one of the more skippable pokémon if he had to pick something else.
- Pignite beat a Heatmor+Emboar when Snivy couldn't fight with him anymore - and a Hydreigon and then a Ferrothorn back to back in the league. Saying that it doesn't have stamina to last in a battle is just incorrect.
- Infernape: "Too heavily reliant on Blaze". It has 8 gym battle wins, only a single one was while using Blaze. It beat Paul's Aggron and Ninjask and only went on to beat his Electivire while using Blaze. So, 2/11 were with Blaze. How can you call that "reliant".
- Talonflame is 'a flyer', why does that matter?!? So is Charizard, which has often used moves like Steel Wing and currently has Wing Attack. Talonflame has a great track-record of picking up wins whenever it battles.
- Incineroar: More into physical one on one battling - again, why should this not make it a viable pick?!? Also, it has Fire Blast so you can't really call it entirely physical.

If there ever was an award for 'worst informed'-post of the day.. o_O

This. Normal types that don't have a secondary type are lame as ****. They're mostly tanks like Snorlax or Miltank or else just cute little things that don't serve a purpose. If Ash gets a Normal type then it had better be something like Dunsparce which he actually wanted to catch before any ways, not some lame dog thing.

For the love of Arceus, how dare you talk about Lopunny like that. Also, Silvally's a Normal-type.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.