• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I only said Flareon was the most underused Eeveelution because Virgil and Ursula are the only truly major characters in the anime to use as the rest were one off characters except for the Kimono Girl but even then she didn’t impact the overall plot of the anime. Virgil was known for having all of the evolved forms of Eevee so it’s natural for him to have Flareon. The Eevee brothers from Kanto were pretty insignificant to the series as a whole as they didn’t do much of anything other than try to force their youngest brother to evolve his Eevee before it was even ready and knew what it wanted to become which we know Pokémon with branched evolutions are very concerned with.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Every Eeveelution but Umbreon and Sylveon have had pretty minor roles
Yes, even Glaceon. It isn't fair to count it when May was only around for a single arc and hasn't come back, while Gary's Umbreon and Serena's Sylveon had pretty major roles and were basically their main Pokemon

I'd like it if we saw the others get some bigger roles, Jolteon is actually one of the Pokemon I'm hoping Surge will use during his inevitable rematch(Alongside Toxtricity/Mega Ampharos) with Ash since we've already seen Electrode and Electabuzz

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
C'mon, we know Greninja is coming back. First of all the circumstances where he separated from Ash are totally different from Butterfree and Pidgeot. Greninja was needed to save Kalos, I'm sure once he finishes with Zygarde he's going back to Ash.

1. Greninja like Lucario one of the most popular Pokemon ever.
2. Like Charizard, it's one of Ash's strongest Pokemon.
3. The fanbase really gets upset when important Pokemon are released forever. This is the reason why the put Charizard and Squirtle back in Oak's Lab.

MartínK

C'mon, we know Greninja is coming back. First of all the circumstances where he separated from Ash are totally different from Butterfree and Pidgeot. Greninja was needed to save Kalos, I'm sure once he finishes with Zygarde he's going back to Ash.

1. Greninja like Lucario one of the most popular Pokemon ever.
2. Like Charizard, it's one of Ash's strongest Pokemon.
3. The fanbase really gets upset when important Pokemon are released forever. This is the reason why the put Charizard and Squirtle back in Oak's Lab.

Actually Greninja is the most popular mon by fans and Lucario second so it's a fact that Greninja will be back.

About the pire normal types i want Ash to catch is Kangaskhan, Ursaring, Zangoose and Exploud.

nickdt

I mean I could see him still hanging on to the pokeballs. He did with Poipole after releasing it, returning it to its Ball when it came back as Naganadel. That said, I still would think the Pokémon counts as released. Goodra is the only one I’m on the fence with but I do believe Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras, and Naganadel are officially released. I only don’t know with Goodra because to me it was unclear if it was like a Pidgeot situation or more like when he left Charizard and Gliscor behind.

Sure, they are released, but not officially (If they are officially released, they can be caught by other trainers).

MartínK

I have a couple of doubts guys, Lance is Johto champion in the anime? And who is Kanto champion cuz unlike the games they both have his own league?

The other is that they ever said who took over Viridian gym? I remember that Agatha said in AG that a new leader will be named and she was taking care of the gym at the moment

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I only said Flareon was the most underused Eeveelution because Virgil and Ursula are the only truly major characters in the anime to use as the rest were one off characters except for the Kimono Girl but even then she didn’t impact the overall plot of the anime. Virgil was known for having all of the evolved forms of Eevee so it’s natural for him to have Flareon. The Eevee brothers from Kanto were pretty insignificant to the series as a whole as they didn’t do much of anything other than try to force their youngest brother to evolve his Eevee before it was even ready and knew what it wanted to become which we know Pokémon with branched evolutions are very concerned with.

Still, you can say that about Jolteon too.. or any other Eeveelution. I kept the metric fair and didn't exclude anything for one or the other.

And if you're willing to exclude Virgil, then that leaves Leafeon with just Zoey's with three appearances (and an extremely blink and you'll miss it cameo in one of those Kalos Contests)? The entire species had 11 appearances total. That's a 4th generation pokémon from a very marketable line in what, 14 years of animé? That's crazy, whereas Flareon did have more then that.

That being said, the Eevee-brothers episode was one of the most memorable episodes, as was the Pokémon School in which the teacher used the Eeveelutions vs. Ash (mostly memorable because Ash was using Pokémon TR was using daily and TR was using Pokémon Ash had on hand).

Applecorp

The other is that they ever said who took over Viridian gym? I remember that Agatha said in AG that a new leader will be named and she was taking care of the gym at the moment

I don't think that's ever going to be resolved unless Ash goes to Viridian City again for some reason. Watch there be another Visquez situation with a new temporary gym leader.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If Ash's Greninja does come back into the series, do you think they'll retcon its Battle Bond ability to work the way it does in the games (needing to KO a Pokemon to transform)?
Meh who knows. All I know is that it’ll likely get shown off once again sometime in the future.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MartínK said:

I'm assuming that Kikuko might still be there, although we probably won't ever find out since I find it unlikely that Satoshi and Gou will visit the Tokiwa Gym in the future. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if Sakaki were reinstated as the Gym Leader since I found it rather odd that he lost his Gym Leader position to start with.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ace-Barn said:
Just give an episode to all of the Eeveelutions together and have Goh catch them. Then have the boys catch other Pokemon.

I'd prefer that over each Eievui evolution receiving their own episode. It's how I feel about the Kanto Legendary Birds as well: I really hope that Fire and Freezer appear in the upcoming Thunder episode.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
Just give an episode to all of the Eeveelutions together and have Goh catch them. Then have the boys catch other Pokemon.
I used to think it’d be cool if Lana, Sophocles, Mallow and Kiawe got the Eeveelutions that represent their types. I didn’t think it would happen during SM but since JN doesn’t focus on them it’d be cool if they have them when Ash goes to Alola.

Mew29240

I'm assuming that Kikuko might still be there, although we probably won't ever find out since I find it unlikely that Satoshi and Gou will visit the Tokiwa Gym in the future. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if Sakaki were reinstated as the Gym Leader since I found it rather odd that he lost his Gym Leader position to start with.

He might've left to keep a low profile or something. I wouldn't want to resurface either after his failure in Unova, either.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They'd just pick a favorite to keep around and ignore the rest, I'd rather see him get one while others are shown utilizing the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.