• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I heard there was supposed to be Cororo Magazine News coming? When is it?

I used to think it’d be cool if Lana, Sophocles, Mallow and Kiawe got the Eeveelutions that represent their types. I didn’t think it would happen during SM but since JN doesn’t focus on them it’d be cool if they have them when Ash goes to Alola.
And Mallow can have Leafeon

Leafeon and Glaceon did barley get any focus
At least May got to show off Glaceon

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I heard there was supposed to be Cororo Magazine News coming? When is it?
Apparently one is supposed to be released before JN034 airs so I guess see if anything pops up tomorrow..? I might be wrong tho.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew29240 said:
He might've left to keep a low profile or something. I wouldn't want to resurface either after his failure in Unova, either.

I don't think that many people in the Pokemon world are aware of what happened during Operation Tempest, though.

I just always thought it was interesting that the Tokiwa Gym was destroyed because of the Rocket-dan trio, yet Sakaki apparently didn't want to bother being in charge after its reconstruction. But maybe his priorities simply changed.

ShadowForce720

I'm assuming that Kikuko might still be there, although we probably won't ever find out since I find it unlikely that Satoshi and Gou will visit the Tokiwa Gym in the future. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if Sakaki were reinstated as the Gym Leader since I found it rather odd that he lost his Gym Leader position to start with.

He might've left to keep a low profile or something. I wouldn't want to resurface either after his failure in Unova, either.

If I recall I think Giovanni was exposed to all of Kanto as the boss of Team Rocket after Ash battled Team Rocket Trio in the Viridian Gym and the Trio literally announce that the Gym is owned/run by Team Rocket.

So I think it would be very hard for Giovanni to regain his position as the Viridian Gym leader when all of Kanto knows that he is the boss of Team Rocket or at the very least working with them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ShadowForce720 said:
If I recall I think Giovanni was exposed to all of Kanto as the boss of Team Rocket after Ash battled Team Rocket Trio in the Viridian Gym and the Trio literally announce that the Gym is owned/run by Team Rocket.

So I think it would be very hard for Giovanni to regain his position as the Viridian Gym leader when all of Kanto knows that he is the boss of Team Rocket or at the very least working with them.

I'm not sure where we're getting the idea that Sakaki was exposed to "all of Kanto". Obviously Satoshi knew that the Rocket-dan organization was behind the Gym's leadership since he battled Musashi and Kojirou there, but after that battle he never spoke to anyone else about what was really going on there, nor was it implied that any of the other people present during the Gym match told the authorities about who was running the Tokiwa Gym. Sakaki had nothing to fear from Satoshi and the others revealing his secret, so I'm not sure why he'd give up the Gym so easily.

Zoneman29

I going say this disappoint Goh is going get Flygon but Ash can still catch Tripinch or Vibrava and the same with Goh catch Dratini Dragonair Gastly and Haunter later.

PsychoLogical

I going say this disappoint Goh is going get Flygon but Ash can still catch Tripinch or Vibrava and the same with Goh catch Dratini Dragonair Gastly and Haunter later.
They’re not going to do that with Ash. And there are way better mons Ash can potentially own than Flygon. Especially for Dragon types.

esquilo09

They’re not going to do that with Ash. And there are way better mons Ash can potentially own than Flygon. Especially for Dragon types.
List of Dragon types that are popular and better than Flygon or just as popular:
Garchomp: Ash's Gible returning and evolving all the way
Hydreigon
Dragapult.

List of Dragon types who are not as popular as Flygon but are possible for Ash to catch:
Salamence
Kommo-o
Haxorus
Druddigon

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Yeah... that ain't happening.
Only way I see them catching the same line is if both get an Applin, Goh does get a Pikachu but it evolves, and of course Eevee. Quite pointless to give them a Pokemon that can't evolve due to the other owning the evolution, Ash's reserves are a different thing entirely as Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Cyndaquil were all allowed to return despite May and Dawn owning those Pokemon too

dman_dustin

Yeah... that ain't happening.
Quite pointless to give them a Pokemon that can't evolve due to the other owning the evolution

I see your point with Ash getting Trapinch/Vibrava. But I don't see it in reverse. First off Go's Pokemon don't need to evolve, second his goal is to catch everything, I can't imagine why he wouldn't at least bother with the pre-evolutions, I've always found the idea of trainers (main characters) not sharing Pokemon within the same generation pretty stupid and forced if I might say so myself, while I can understand not evolving something to fulfill some "unique quota" I don't think it makes sense to deprive someone entirely of a Pokemon (of the entire line), just because someone else has it.

They wrote themselves into this corner with Go's character they better deal with it.

Zariful

I mean I could imagine Go catching Dratini/Gastly line because his goal revolves around him catching them all. But Ash wouldn’t necessarily have a need for catching any Pokémon that Go also caught unless they wanted him to showcase the final evolution while go had to prevo

ShadowForce720

I mean I could imagine Go catching Dratini/Gastly line because his goal revolves around him catching them all. But Ash wouldn’t necessarily have a need for catching any Pokémon that Go also caught unless they wanted him to showcase the final evolution while go had to prevo

or the Pokémon had a branched evolution and/or different forms, for instance say Ash and Go both get an Applin both of their Applin evolve into the two branch evolutions.

PsychoLogical

People actually think they’ll be able to have Go catch every single mon? Amusing, perhaps even pathetic at an extent. They’re not going to be able to do that no matter what anyone says.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
People actually think they’ll be able to have Go catch every single mon? Amusing, perhaps even pathetic at an extent. They’re not going to be able to do that no matter what anyone says.
He'll probably just catch most of them off screen

And once this series is over and Ash and Gou inevitably separate, Ash will more than likely leave Lucario, Gengar, Sirfetch'd, and Dragonite at Sakuragi's Lab in Gou's care anyways

Icy-Snowflake

Thb it would make sense if Greninja doesn't show up before ep 50
Greninja shouldn't appear until ep 100 assuming this series is of around 150 episodes (but I think it'll be much longer). It's better if the present team gets more focus than reserves.

At the end of series, they'll just have him leave on his own journey to catch all Pokemon one day and then Mew. He literally can't catch all Pokemon since a new generation is always going to come up after some time.

PsychoLogical

He'll probably just catch most of them off screen

And once this series is over and Ash and Gou inevitably separate, Ash will more than likely leave Lucario, Gengar, Sirfetch'd, and Dragonite at Sakuragi's Lab in Gou's care anyways
Eithet that or anything Ash captures throughout the series just goes to Oak again since I’m actually expecting Ash to catch more “special” mons if you get what I mean.

World Turtle

There's more interesting Normal types out there anyways, like Zangoose(Imagine if Goh got a Seviper and they constantly waged war on another lol)

I would like this to happen. It would be fun t0 watch. It'd be very Looney Toons like.

At the end of series, they'll just have him leave on his own journey to catch all Pokemon one day and then Mew. He literally can't catch all Pokemon since a new generation is always going to come up after some time.

At his current pace with 896 Pokemon he probably won't even be half way there in 3-4 years. Especially if he's going for form differences too.

Status
Not open for further replies.