• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WhoCares said:
I think ash's gonna take some tips from kukui. And maybe he'll feel refreshed and train his baby mons with alolan mons. (Hopefully naganadel appears too and maybe ash takes his melmetal with him coz he can showoff his gmax too).

I don't think he'll take Melmetal back with him to Kanto just so that he can showcase its Kyodaimax form. If he ever uses that form, it'll probably happen when he's made it to the higher tiers of the World Championships a year or more from now, but in the meantime I wouldn't see the purpose of Melmetal just staying at Sakuragi Park. I think him receiving advice from Kukui-hakase is more likely.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jibanyan said:
I remember Corphish and it's one of my faves :oops: I liked that his Hoenn team had Pokemon that weren't super popular like Corphis, Torkoal and Glalie

That was actually one thing that I disliked about the teams in AG. Satoshi ended up getting a lot of Pokemon that I thought were rather unsightly such as Cotoise and Onigohri, and even Takeshi was a victim of this since he had Hasubrero [and then Runpappa] for a while. Not to mention that Takeshi also brought Foretos with him, which I always thought was one of the most out of place Pokemon in the AG cast since it wasn't even available in the wild in R/S or LG/FR, so it didn't really promote anything from the core games for the first half of AG. Then of course it was neglected in most instances outside of Rocket-dan encounters. But with regards to Satoshi's Heigani, I hope that if he returns in this series he'll remain un-evolved since I'd appreciate him more in his base form.

Zariful

I can see two scenarios honestly playing out for the rematch with Bea. I could see the situation where Sirfetch’d, Lucario and Gengar all get redemption for their recent losses. Though I could see Ash’s Lucario wanting to avenge Korrina’s Lucario

I can see two scenarios honestly playing out for the rematch with Bea. I could see the situation where Sirfetch’d, Lucario and Gengar all get redemption for their recent losses. Though I could see Ash’s Lucario wanting to avenge Korrina’s Lucario

If Lucario does beat one of Bea's mon then that would make Korrina's Mega-Lucario look even worse and that is going to happen anyway since Ash will most likely use it in the rematch.

MartínK

I always wanted Ash to have a Weavile, he needs a second Ice type(Aside from being one of my favs), if Ash catches a Weavile I'd love for it to have these moves.

Weavile:

Ice Shard
Knock Off/Throat-Chop
Low Kick
Ice Punch/Icicle Crash

My Weavile:

Night Slash
Aerial Ace
Hone Claws
Icicle Crash

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Idk why but with the mention of korrina's mega lucario in this episode , I'm starting to believe that ash's definitely gonna get a mega lucario. And honestly if that happens I'll welcome it with open arms coz ash deserved a mega evolution mon in the kalos too.That would complete his set of all special battle items. But this should happen later on not now coz pokemon like gengar and farfetchd could use some screentime.
I would love for him to get mega evo

ShadowForce720

If Lucario does beat one of Bea's mon then that would make Korrina's Mega-Lucario look even worse and that is going to happen anyway since Ash will most likely use it in the rematch.

Presuming that Bea’s Machamp was the one to take down Korrina’s Mega Lucario, I’m not seeing how Ash’s Lucario beating any of Bea’s Pokémon that isn’t Machamp would make Korrina’s Mega Lucario look worse.

The only way Ash’s Lucario we winning against Bea’s mon would make Korrina’s Mega Lucario look worse is if Ash Lucario besting the exact mon that beat Korrina’s Mega Lucario or if it beat a mon stronger then that mon.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Presuming that Bea’s Machamp was the one to take down Korrina’s Mega Lucario, I’m not seeing how Ash’s Lucario beating any of Bea’s Pokémon that isn’t Machamp would make Korrina’s Mega Lucario look worse.

The only way Ash’s Lucario we winning against Bea’s mon would make Korrina’s Mega Lucario look worse is if Ash Lucario besting the exact mon that beat Korrina’s Mega Lucario or if it beat a mon stronger then that mon.

there's also the possibility of using different attack moves, when we last saw Korrina it didn't look like her Lucario had changed any of it's moves at all, still using the same ones she used from back in X/Y

if Ash's eventual Lucario uses different moves to win then it's a different story, since we have seen occasions where some moves can make the difference in a fight.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:

They really need to ease up on the Lucario angle, especially Mega Lucario. We've seen Corni's Mega Lucario enough as it is, and I really don't see the benefit of it returning. I'd rather just see Satoshi Mega Evolve his inevitable Lucario instead if we really need another dose of Mega Lucario pandering.

ShadowForce720

You know I notice something interesting when Go found out that he could only get either a Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan from the Fighting Dojo and not both.

That is Go suggested that he would choose one and Ash would get the other mon and then he would trade Ash one of his mons for the Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan that Ash got.

So I do wonder if somewhere down the line Ash will come back to the Fighting Dojo and beat the Karate Master and get a Hitmonlee and trade it to Go.

Or if he will get another Pokémon that he winds up trading to Go. Of course on Go’s side of things if he were to trade one of his mons to Ash I would think it would probably be his Scyther.

Of course I’d imagine that they may try to kill two birds with one stone and have it evolve into Scizor in the process.

Zariful

They really need to ease up on the Lucario angle, especially Mega Lucario. We've seen Corni's Mega Lucario enough as it is, and I really don't see the benefit of it returning. I'd rather just see Satoshi Mega Evolve his inevitable Lucario instead if we really need another dose of Mega Lucario pandering.
I’m confused by this statement. Wanting to avenge Corni/Korrina’s Lucario doesn’t necessarily mean she has to return. It’s very possible that she does and Ash gets the mega stone from her. But I wasn’t really saying she needed to return. It just seemed like Riolu took it personally when Bea was criticizing Korrina/Corni

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You know I notice something interesting when Go found out that he could only get either a Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan from the Fighting Dojo and not both.

That is Go suggested that he would choose one and Ash would get the other mon and then he would trade Ash one of his mons for the Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan that Ash got.

So I do wonder if somewhere down the line Ash will come back to the Fighting Dojo and beat the Karate Master and get a Hitmonlee and trade it to Go.

Or if he will get another Pokémon that he winds up trading to Go. Of course on Go’s side of things if he were to trade one of his mons to Ash I would think it would probably be his Scyther.

Of course I’d imagine that they may try to kill two birds with one stone and have it evolve into Scizor in the process.
That’s only if they’re willing to return to the Dojo since well... They tend to not have the duo return to the same location twice if it isn’t Vermilion or Wyndon.

ShadowForce720

That’s only if they’re willing to return the the Dojo since well... They tend to not have the duo return to the same location twice if it isn’t Vermilion or Wyndon.

To be fair they could return to the fighting dojo since Ash originally came there to battle the Fighting Dojo Master but didn’t get a chance to.

So if he come back and battle the Dojo Master it could be a good way of warming up for the rematch against Bea. Plus interestingly enough we didn’t really get to see any of the battles against the dojo master.

Because we only saw the very end of the dojo’s master’s battle with Bea where Bea was declared the victor and they skipped over Go’s battle with the dojo master with us only knowing that Go won and got a Hitmonchan.

Not saying that it will definitely happen but it’s not like there isn’t any reason for Ash to return to the fighting dojo.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
To be fair they could return to the fighting dojo since Ash originally came there to battle the Fighting Dojo Master but didn’t get a chance to.

So if he come back and battle the Dojo Master it could be a good way of warming up for the rematch against Bea. Plus interestingly enough we didn’t really get to see any of the battles against the dojo master.

Because we only saw the very end of the dojo’s master’s battle with Bea where Bea was declared the victor and they skipped over Go’s battle with the dojo master with us only knowing that Go won and got a Hitmonchan.

Not saying that it will definitely happen but it’s not like there isn’t any reason for Ash to return to the fighting dojo.

not saying it can't happen but I can already tell there will be people against this idea, since it would give Ash another pure fighting type if he did get Himonlee (and a kanto pokemon at that), and secondly getting it for the sole purpose of giving it to Gou would feel kind of forced, then again if they were to trade it would depend on what Gou gave in return...

i'm not against it though if it was to happen.

PsychoLogical

not saying it can't happen but I can already tell there will be people against this idea, since it would give Ash another pure fighting type if he did get Himonlee (and a kanto pokemon at that), and secondly getting it for the sole purpose of giving it to Gou would feel kind of forced, then again if they were to trade it would depend on what Gou gave in return...

i'm not against it though if it was to happen.
The best case scenario if this were to happen is if Go offered his Scyther since Go did say he wanted both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan and wanted Ash to get the other one that he didn’t get so they can trade for it. And Scyther has shown to be a battle lover so it’d make perfect sense if it was Scyther being traded that’ll then be a Scizor.

Decidueye23

The best case scenario if this were to happen is if Go offered his Scyther since Go did say he wanted both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan and wanted Ash to get the other one that he didn’t get so they can trade for it. And Scyther has shown to be a battle lover so it’d make perfect sense if it was Scyther being traded that’ll then be a Scizor.
But scyther being a part of go's team in the opening feels like scyther is going to be a more permanent member of his team. Although if that trade scenrio were to happen there could be other pokemon go has obtained by that point that he could give ash.

Also, instead of grookey/Rillaboom( i know it is not confirmed) i kinda want ash to get zarude.

PsychoLogical

But scyther being a part of go's team in the opening feels like scyther is going to be a more permanent member of his team. Although if that trade scenrio were to happen there could be other pokemon go has obtained by that point that he could give ash.

Also, instead of grookey/Rillaboom( i know it is not confirmed) i kinda want ash to get zarude.
well I mean, the current OP is actually very editable so they can easily replace Scyther with something else if they ever go through that path to do so. And his team shown in the OP is basically supposed to parallel Ash’s. The two bugs being Ash’s Fighting types, Flygon being the parallel to Dragonite and the starters are obvious.

And I don’t even want Grookey, I’m looking and wanting more towards Corviknight or Dreepy.

Zariful

well I mean, the current OP is actually very editable so they can easily replace Scyther with something else if they ever go through that path to do so. And his team shown in the OP is basically supposed to parallel Ash’s. The two bugs being Ash’s Fighting types, Flygon being the parallel to Dragonite and the starters are obvious.

And I don’t even want Grookey, I’m looking and wanting more towards Corviknight or Dreepy.
To add on to your point, When Ash and Dawn traded, they were able to change Aipom and Buizel’s spots in the intro pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.