• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

If Lucario does beat one of Bea's mon then that would make Korrina's Mega-Lucario look even worse and that is going to happen anyway since Ash will most likely use it in the rematch.

See that's what annoys me about this. I wanted Korrina's Mega Lucario to outright defeat Ash's Lucario and then they'd have a rematch where Ash's Lucario manages to beat Mega Lucario as the ultimate bond between them. And Korrina's like "Yeah your Lucario is really strong."

But.....no. Now we have to skip that because "BEA IS 8th GEN MUST GET MORE FOCUS!"

So now if Lucario is pivotal in defeating Bea even including her hypothetical G-max Machamp then its going to be weird to have Ash and Korrina having a rematch but with her Mega Lucario defeating Ash's Lucario unless Korrina reveals that her rematch with Bea went swimmingly and she defeated her.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The best case scenario if this were to happen is if Go offered his Scyther since Go did say he wanted both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan and wanted Ash to get the other one that he didn’t get so they can trade for it. And Scyther has shown to be a battle lover so it’d make perfect sense if it was Scyther being traded that’ll then be a Scizor.

Yeah, Hitmonlee's pretty freaking boring compared to the other Hitmon's anyways lol
Give Scizor to Ash, then switch Golurk onto the team so it actually does something

MegaSalamence05

I'm just being honest I kinda want to see Bea actually being deceptive. What I'm talking about is simple. Ash has a connection with Korrina right. Bea could've realized that and lie straight to Ash's face and have it be a she said / she said situation. Korrina saying she beat Bea and not the other way around. Its improbable granted but Bea being a more deceptive character and fuse the story to fit her narrative and have her be the primary rival from Galar

dman_dustin

Yeah, Hitmonlee's pretty freaking boring compared to the other Hitmon's anyways lol
Give Scizor to Ash, then switch Golurk onto the team so it actually does something

We know why they gave Golurk to Go, it's not battle legal, there's no way a giant 30 foot Golurk is battle legal.

That's why it went to Go. I hate it, but the sized justified Go capturing it.

If it was normal sized Golurk then yeah absolutely would be more upset with Go getting it.

I'm just being honest I kinda want to see Bea actually being deceptive. What I'm talking about is simple. Ash has a connection with Korrina right. Bea could've realized that and lie straight to Ash's face and have it be a she said / she said situation. Korrina saying she beat Bea and not the other way around. Its improbable granted but Bea being a more deceptive character and fuse the story to fit her narrative and have her be the primary rival from Galar

I can't imagine Bea being that deceptive to a complete stranger as that type of deception requires some level of omniscience. Well not omniscience per se but a level of understanding of the situation that Bea couldn't possibly be aware of.

I mean if Bea is good at reading people maybe she picked up on Ash being friends with Korrina.

But insulting Korrina to get a rise out of Ash would be weird giving that Ash said he beat her. So Bea wouldn't have thought to insult her as such, even if she picked up on Ash barely beating her.

I think if Bea wanted to deceive Ash to psyche him out she would've likely said "Korrina was a tough trainer, I barely managed to defeat her" to lull Ash into a false sense of security, hence the "stranger" aspect.

Bea's tactic would only work if Bea knew Ash was friends with Korrina to assault him from that perspective. I just don't see how that would work on a stranger you knew nothing about. Not really a risk worth it, I don't think.

Red and Blue

Kind of want Go to catch Goliospod and have that be the Pokemon he trades for Ash's Hitmonlee :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:
not saying it can't happen but I can already tell there will be people against this idea, since it would give Ash another pure fighting type if he did get Himonlee (and a kanto pokemon at that), and secondly getting it for the sole purpose of giving it to Gou would feel kind of forced, then again if they were to trade it would depend on what Gou gave in return...

i'm not against it though if it was to happen.

The entire scenario just sounds contrived and rather bizarre. Not only am I tired of the Kanto pandering and the emphasis on Fighting-types recently, I also don't really like the idea of Satoshi getting a Sawamular just so that he can acquire Gou's Strike or some other Pokemon via trade from him. In any case we already had a trade episode recently, and I think that if a trade between Satoshi and Gou was ever going to happen, it would've happened there instead of Koromi being introduced.

Red and Blue

The entire scenario just sounds contrived and rather bizarre. Not only am I tired of the Kanto pandering and the emphasis on Fighting-types recently, I also don't really like the idea of Satoshi getting a Sawamular just so that he can acquire Gou's Strike or some other Pokemon via trade from him. In any case we already had a trade episode recently, and I think that if a trade between Satoshi and Gou was ever going to happen, it would've happened there instead of Koromi being introduced.
Unless the the trade episode was just a set up for Ash and Go to make a trade in the future.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Well if he were to challenge the guy like he intended on doing, he'd have gotten a Hitmon
And if Ash is getting Kubfu.... four Fighting types is just insanely unnecessary lol

It'd be more faithful way of getting Scizor on rather than Scyther touching a Metal Coat and it just happens

Most of us are tired of the Kanto pandering but it was obvious for awhile now that Goh's going to have a majority of the Kanto dex by the end of the saga, at least a trade is more entertaining than "Hurrr critical catch!" "NOICE!"

SatoSereFan224888

If Ash is doing poorly in his official matches, I think he should realize he needs to be on his own because he gets sidetracked too much with Goh. Ash realizes if he trains on his own, he wouldn't get sidetracked as much and can focus on the PWC than getting dragged into someone's mess.

ShadowForce720

If Ash is doing poorly in his official matches, I think he should realize he needs to be on his own because he gets sidetracked too much with Goh. Ash realizes if he trains on his own, he wouldn't get sidetracked as much and can focus on the PWC than getting dragged into someone's mess.

If you truly think that, then it shows that you don’t understand Ash’s character at all. He is going to help others characters regardless if he is traveling alone or not.

Even if he was alone he would not solely focus on the PWC. And separating Ash and having him by himself is not this magical solution that you think it is.

SatoSereFan224888

If you truly think that, then it shows that you don’t understand Ash’s character at all. He is going to help others characters regardless if he is traveling alone or not.

Even if he was alone he would not solely focus on the PWC. And separating Ash and having him by himself is not this magical solution that you think it is.
But I feel helping others gets him into trouble sometimes. I could see Ash & Goh getting into a huge argument with each other and they go separate ways.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Goh got a Hitmonchan in the last episode. Now, all things considered, I hope Ash will return to the Fighting Dojo at some point (maybe to prepare his rematch) and he will get Hitmonlee then.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
No, man, that was the exact same thing people said during DP. Ash was sidetracked by Dawn's contests, but, the fact is, many of Ash's ideas and strategies by that time came from watch Dawn's contests. There was similar complaining in SM because Ash had very few opponents and training, but that mostly hadn't much effect on his performance.

The reason why Ash performed poorly against Bea was because he met someone utterly focused in battling and who was more disciplined than him by now. It won't make any favor to him get his 6th mon if he doesn't train the others equally. Poor farfetch'd still can't use brutal swing without get dizzy.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Goh got a Hitmonchan in the last episode. Now, all things considered, I hope Ash will return to the Fighting Dojo at some point (maybe to prepare his rematch) and he will get Hitmonlee then.
I'd rather not have Ash own another Kanto mon. Until Ash gets more than 2-3 mons that are from OUTSIDE of Kanto, no more Kanto captures for christ sake. Although... The only exceptions I'll take are either be that Aerodactyl from the OP or one of the Bird Trio (Just to scratch off Ash not owning a fossil mon tho I still won't like it that it'll be from Kanto and it's likely Go's anyways and the Bird Trio are the only Kanto mons I'll completely accept being part of the roster.)

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I'd rather not have Ash own another Kanto mon. Until Ash gets more than 2-3 mons that are from OUTSIDE of Kanto, no more Kanto captures for christ sake. Although... The only exceptions I'll take are either be that Aerodactyl from the OP or one of the Bird Trio (Just to scratch off Ash not owning a fossil mon tho I still won't like it that it'll be from Kanto and it's likely Go's anyways and the Bird Trio are the only Kanto mons I'll completely accept being part of the roster.)

I understand your point, pal; but we have to keep in mind that Kanto is Ash's homeland. So it's quite appropiated than Ash's biggest numbers of his Pokemon come from Kanto. Besides, I believe Hitmonlee can fit Ash not only because of the episode "Pasta La Vista!", but also because it was the last Pokemon Ash's Primepe defeated before becoming P-1 Champion.

Ash owing an Aerodactyl could fit, considering how Ash's Charmeleon evolved into Charizard. However, as far as I see, the best Fossil Pokemon that fits Ash is Tyrunt/Tyrantrum; as it looks like Greymon from Digimon. Tirtouga/Carracosta MIGHT be a second option. And about the Legendary Birds, as much as I hate to admit it, it SEEMS Goh could capture them using some of his best Pokemon (Golurk and Flygon vs Zapdos). Ash, however, COULD capture the Galar Forms of the Legendary Birds.

Now, if we keep talking about Legendary Pokemon, then Ash could capture Mewtwo if Goh actually gets Mew.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I understand your point, pal; but we have to keep in mind that Kanto is Ash's homeland. So it's quite appropiated than Ash's biggest numbers of his Pokemon come from Kanto. Besides, I believe Hitmonlee can fit Ash not only because of the episode "Pasta La Vista!", but also because it was the last Pokemon Ash's Primepe defeated before becoming P-1 Champion.

Ash owing an Aerodactyl could fit, considering how Ash's Charmeleon evolved into Charizard. However, as far as I see, the best Fossil Pokemon that fits Ash is Tyrunt/Tyrantrum; as it looks like Greymon from Digimon. Tirtouga/Carracosta MIGHT be a second option. And about the Legendary Birds, as much as I hate to admit it, it SEEMS Goh could capture them using some of his best Pokemon (Golurk and Flygon vs Zapdos). Ash, however, COULD capture the Galar Forms of the Legendary Birds.

Now, if we keep talking about Legendary Pokemon, then Ash could capture Mewtwo if Goh actually gets Mew.
It would have to be a new Mewtwo cause they can't use the original Mewtwo due to it now requiring permission for usage so that can be scratched off. And that's the only scenario I'll take regarding the Bird Trio, if Go gets the original then I want Ash to own the Galarian counterparts for another contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.