• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
"if Dreepy has friends to help it train, it can evolve and become much stronger" Probably referring to this part from its Dex entry, Dragonite and Gengar specifically since they share its types.
Yea that’s basically it which truth to be told is something I want a Galar ep to be based on, basically taking that specific part from Dreepy’s bio and make it the plot of an episode in one of the usual Galar two parters we get.

Zariful

I'm not sure how you figured that last part out? If anything more Pokemon just means less screen-time for the others since the writers would have to make room for Dorameshiya's development. I don't see why Gangar or Kairyu would become more relevant with Dorameshiya or its evolved forms around.
I think their point is that as fellow a dragon and ghost type, Dragonite and Gengar could probably have a potential interest in helping Dreepy/Dorameshiya get stronger. Speaking of Gengar, there was some talk about how there wasn't really much the writers could do with Gengar outside of battles. But I feel like that scene of it eating a berry alongside the other pokemon at the lab shows the writers could have included it in previous scenes without any issues.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I'm not sure how you figured that last part out? If anything more Pokemon just means less screen-time for the others since the writers would have to make room for Dorameshiya's development. I don't see why Gangar or Kairyu would become more relevant with Dorameshiya or its evolved forms around.

I think he means that part of the Dex that says how Dreepy gets stronger with the help of friends but really that's just flavor text anyways...

All Pokemon get stronger if they have help with their training plus there's no guarantee that Dragonite and/or Gengar would be used to help Dreepy get stronger any ways

PsychoLogical

I think their point is that as fellow a dragon and ghost type, Dragonite and Gengar could probably have a potential interest in helping Dreepy/Dorameshiya get stronger. Speaking of Gengar, there was some talk about how there wasn't really much the writers could do with Gengar outside of battles. But I feel like that scene of it eating a berry alongside the other pokemon at the lab shows the writers could have included it in previous scenes without any issues.
Well they still keep it out of sight for whatever reason which I won’t even bother questioning anymore, and there is technically a point regarding about not being to find anything to do with Gengar which tbh, they really don’t. Unless for “serious” battles. Gengar’s fully evolved and is automatically battle ready so there’s really a short list of what they could do with it unlike Riolu and Farfetch’d currently which they do have resources since they’re Ash’s only unevolved mons on the rotating roster at the moment.

Rohanator

I think he means that part of the Dex that says how Dreepy gets stronger with the help of friends but really that's just flavor text anyways...
All dex entries are flavour text but they've used them as basis for the actual plots of the Pokemon many times this series so it's a reasonable prediction to something they might do if they choose to make Dreepy important.

PsychoLogical

All Pokemon get stronger if they have help with their training plus there's no guarantee that Dragonite and/or Gengar would be used to help Dreepy get stronger any ways
It is flavor text but at the same time, this series has actually been consistently using those flavor texts for real plots of eps like they did with Dragonite with the island inhabited by only Dragonite and the rest of its line and soon Flygon with its “Desert Spirit” bio. So it’s not out of the question that they could use Dreepy’s “can grow stronger and evolve if it has friends to help it train” part of its bio as a plot of a future episode whenever the writers decide to have the duo head back to Galar.

esquilo09

So far this saga is faithful to the dex entries, so I see no reason for the writers to rule out Dreepy receiving help from Dragonite and Core-Gengar.

In the episode Go caught a Taillow and 3 Wurmple, he mentioned the Tiny Swallow Pokémon preys on Wurmple so he used it in order to find Wurmple, in the episode the Wurmple trio evolved, Taillow tried to eat them.
In the episode Ash caught Dragonite, the species saved Ash and Go from drowning while a Dratini was seen shedding its skin.
In the episode where Core-Gengar made its debut, it was chilling its surroundings and later on its capture episode it was hiding in Ash's shadow.
In the food shortage episode, Go's K-Farfetch'd considered eating its leek but quickly choses against it, because its dex entries says that its leek is not only a weapon but also a food source for dire situations and when it eats its leek, it will desperately search for another one.
And in the upcoming episode they're being faithful with Flygon's desert spirit dex entry.

Zariful

Well they still keep it out of sight for whatever reason which I won’t even bother questioning anymore, and there is technically a point regarding about not being to find anything to do with Gengar which tbh, they really don’t. Unless for “serious” battles. Gengar’s fully evolved and is automatically battle ready so there’s really a short list of what they could do with it unlike Riolu and Farfetch’d currently which they do have resources since they’re Ash’s only unevolved mons on the rotating roster at the moment.
I mean I guess that’s in terms of personal preference. Because I prefer when Ash’s Pokémon fully evolved or not actually do more outside of battles. Being fully evolved doesn’t equal they don’t need character development. I wouldn’t say resources would be wasted on developing Dragonite and Gengar outside of battles. Even though Dragonite isn’t regularly battling, I think it has the strongest development of Ash’s current squad. It’s very friendly like it’s species, gets really excited at things, is willing to help others, believes Pokémon should resolve their own issues, gets serious when it battles and shows that it doesn’t mess around. Riolu has shown up the most of the four and the only thing it has is that it wants to get stronger. I’m not even confident that once Riolu evolves, that the focus will shift to Farfetch’d.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:

I assumed that its Zukan entry was referring to members of its own evolutionary line when it mentioned its "friends", which would make sense to me given that Dorapult has a symbiotic relationship with Dorameshiya since it uses them as ammunition. So to me it would make more sense for a Dorapult to help Dorameshiya train than for Kairyu and Gangar to become involved in that.

Zariful

I assumed that its Zukan entry was referring to members of its own evolutionary line when it mentioned its "friends", which would make sense to me given that Dorapult has a symbiotic relationship with Dorameshiya since it uses them as ammunition. So to me it would make more sense for a Dorapult to help Dorameshiya train than for Kairyu and Gangar to become involved in that.
I mean a friend could also mean a trainer. Friends can mean so many things in different contexts

PsychoLogical

Friends have a ton of context. Doesn’t mean just one option.

PsychoLogical

Wasn't Pokefan supposed to come out today? (Or maybe tomorrow in my case. It's 9:00 p.m. where I live lol)
Egtg2lwU8AAzok3
Egtg3VGVkAEUrfl

Nah It's out. Or at least some of it. Got it from twitter.

PsychoLogical

ShadowForce720

Idk, I think we should just wait for someone to translate cause the second page is partially covered up.

Do yo think these 2 pages are it for information related to the anime or do you think there might be other pages that have information related to the anime that just haven’t leaked yet?

PsychoLogical

Do yo think these 2 pages are it for information related to the anime or do you think there might be other pages that have information related to the anime that just haven’t leaked yet?
Idk, I'm trying to see if anything else has been posted on twitter but that's all that's been posted.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Idk, I think we should just wait for someone to translate cause the second page is partially covered up.
I mean it doesn't seem like a far off assumption?

The Kiawe and Gou page literally parallels the Ash vs Bea one

Inb4 people hate on Gou for Battling Kiawe and having screentime in Alola

PsychoLogical

I mean it doesn't seem like a far off assumption?

The Kiawe and Gou page literally parallels the Ash vs Bea one

Inb4 people hate on Gou for Battling Kiawe and having screentime in Alola
Well I mean I'd like to see it since it's likely Go will get swept lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.