• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

The Goh vs Kiawe battle actually makes perfect sense in regards to the timing irregardless of opinion. Ash has a lot to do in his first trip back to his Tropical Home.

1.) Check in with his friends,

2.)Check in with his extended family

3.) Check in with his squad of Pokemon

4.) Champion reveal

5.) Goh's being put into his place in regards to his attitude.

6.) Ash's depression in regards to battles. He sits with Mallow, Lana, Sophocles and they remind who in the heck this man is. THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, UNDISPUTED CHAMPION OF THE ALOLA REGION. ASH KETCHUM. He doesn't want to fight right now. Kiawe challenges him to a fight, Ash declines and Goh takes his place.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I wonder Kiawe suddenly took an interest in battling Gou after seeing Raboot?

I mean Kiawe is a Fire Type Trial Captain so naturally he may just have an affinity for checking out new Fire Pokémon.

If that's the case then I wonder if Lana will take an interest in Sobble as well? (She likely won't be battling Gou tho lol)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I wonder Kiawe suddenly took an interest in battling Gou after seeing Raboot?

I mean Kiawe is a Fire Type Trial Captain so naturally he may just have an affinity for checking out new Fire Pokémon.

If that's the case then I wonder if Lana will take an interest in Sobble as well? (She likely won't be battling Gou tho lol)
I'd say ye cause he's likely never seen a Galar mon especially a Fire type one before and will automatically take interest even if Go's not much of a battler (tho it's shown that he's greatly improved and has been far more active in them now)

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

Right now I expect Kiawe to use a Z-Move to win against Goh. I imagine it's going to be a similar situation when Goh discovered Mega Evolution. That's my expectation.

dman_dustin

Speaking of which, since this episode doesn't have it's own Thread yet. Anyone got any predictions about what's going to happen in this episode?

Go uses his Flygon to catch Zapdos, as the start of him catching the legendary birds.

He uses Zapdos to catch Moltres, and then uses Moltres to catch Articuno.

dman_dustin

If Gou catches Zapdos he will be the first Main Character to own a Legendary. Even before Ash wow.

Yep, unlike other people I don't care if Go catches legendary Pokemon.

There are multiple Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, it's not going to hurt anything if they stay at the lab, who knows, if roaming is so important maybe they can go on special missions for Sakuragi while traveling the world.

Like a Legendary Drone or Go Pro sort of missions.

And then the running joke is Go always misses out on running into his legendary Pokemon.

nickdt

I wouldn't expect Gou to win that battle anyway unless Rabbifoot does evolve during it, but that would still be somewhat vexing since Kaki's obviously the better battler.

I can't see Goh winning, since Goh winning will make Ash's Alola league win look even worse.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Just gonna leave these here

https://twitter.com/pikachu_pcn/status/1300314482476892160?s=19

EgulHjyU8AExIRg
EgulHmeUMAI8BXr

We already know about Flygon but Galarian Ponyta is interesting. I think we've already seen some G. Ponyta Merchandise before. But this seems to indicate that it's a gonna likely show up soon (probably in the Darkest Day Arc). Seeing how Pokémon showing up on Bread seem to indicate future appearances

G. Ponyta is probably a Gou capture (tho if they throw us a curve ball and give it to Ash I won't complain lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.