• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It seems like Bea is training for a rematch against Chuck. This makes no sense lol, Bea beat Korrina but lost to chuck? Weird. Anyway dephender is probably translating them rn so we should have confirmation soon
Chuck: 5th gym leader in his region.
Korrina: 3rd gym leader in her region.

Honestly, makes sense. Unless you want to go the 'games =/= animé'-route, in which case, yeah fine. Or if you wanna go: "The Johto Gymleaders were pushovers", in which case I want to point out that Kalos wasn't exactly hard to beat either and only Viola, Olympia and Wulfric seemed capable in the animé.
Plus the Johto games kind of implied that Chuck was the one who trained Bruno & the Karate Master, so even if Chuck isn’t that strong himself he’s a well-respected teacher in the Pokémon World

Also, I want to mention that Ramos was also a really tough opponent in the anime

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Chuck: 5th gym leader in his region.
Korrina: 3rd gym leader in her region.

Honestly, makes sense. Unless you want to go the 'games =/= animé'-route, in which case, yeah fine. Or if you wanna go: "The Johto Gymleaders were pushovers", in which case I want to point out that Kalos wasn't exactly hard to beat either and only Viola, Olympia and Wulfric seemed capable in the animé.

Korrina consistently destroyed Ash & pikachu in Kalos until their last fight in the gym. Also, if we're going for competence, animewise, I'd say the Kalos GL are something slightly below the Sinnoh GL, without gimmicks. THAT guys were tough. Okay, maybe not Maylene, she's pathetic. :p

Omg if that's the key to beating Grapploct! Riolu just needs to grow a literal pair! On the other side, maybe Ash remembers his battle with Chuck and Riolu will learn Vine Whip instead. :p

More like copycat. If riolu can mirror octo's attacks, maybe it works. Or maybe something as bullet punch/metor mash.

And what about Orre???
Stop. Don't remember me they had chances to put Shadow Lugia in the anime and they did nothing. Even Solana was adapted as a Kanto pokemon ranger.

Last edited:
Korrina consistently destroyed Ash & pikachu in Kalos until their last fight in the gym. Also, if we're going for competence, animewise, I'd say the Kalos GL are something slightly below the Sinnoh GL, without gimmicks. THAT guys were tough. Okay, maybe not Maylene, she's pathetic. :p
How many times Ash and Korrina fight before their gym match?
Maybe Kalos Ash is just stronger than Sinnoh Ash.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
you know there's the whole "Chinese Zodiac" correlation right?

Yeah, but Typlosion looks more like a badger, and its pre-evolutions definitely don't look like rats or mice, even Cyndaquill is stretching it a bit.

It's only an inspiration that influences the designs of the fire starters and obviously was something they really only started coming up with after gen 2. I mean, Charizard is a very stereotypical European dragon while the Chinese "dragon" is an entirely unrelated animal that had more of an association with rain and rivers than fire.

Also, Blaziken is probably based on Garuda but at least its pre-evolutions seem to fit the zodiac theme, unlike Typlosion and Charizard which really only looks like a dragon when fully evolved.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
All this years... and I just realize now that Incineroar is based on tiger... lol
Less of a tiger and more based on the Japanese wrestler Tiger Mask

Zariful

You know people don’t just have their strength capped at certain points. Chuck could’ve easily gotten stronger since.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Three. Korrina easily outclass him in the first fight. Second was M-Lucario's test drive, it went nuts and had to be stopped to not kill pikachu. And third one was a training match, which Korrina also won. Ash defeated her two times, one at the gym and one in Journeys.

You know people don’t just have their strength capped at certain points. Chuck could’ve easily gotten stronger since.
True, but you never know. We can't measure how good Jasmine got in Sinnoh because she went against an E4 of all things and, honestly, I don't think Clair got particularly stronger, even if she have a dragonite and a drudiggon by her last appearance.

Also, I think all this discussion should be in the characters topic.

To not go full off topic, I think the fossil episode summary made clear that aerodactyl is most probably being Go's. Thank God.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I would prefer:
  • Fire Blitz - Fire Stab
  • Fire Blast - Ranged Move
  • Darkest Lariat - Dark Stab
  • Drain Punch - Coverage + HP stealing to complement Fire Blitz HP sacrifice

Its a good moveset, though i would like it to learn blast burn if not flare blitz and it should have either drain punch or revenge.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Ugh, guess the alola episode is for only one episode.

Well there is always a next time when he can go there, also i want ah to beat bea in galar region, well she defeated ash in kanto ash's home region so i want ash to return the favour in her home region.

I’d personally love to see more of Unova, but I think most anime fans would rather it fade into obscurity and never be spoken of again -_-

And that's ridiculous considering how good unnova in BW games was, just because BW series screwed it in anime doesn't mean it is a bad region. I frankly want more unnova based episodes lets not forget ash spend least amount of episodes in unnova.

Last edited:

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
I think if Incineroar does learn anything new, it will just be Darkest Lariat for Fire Fang. Fire Blast was kinda the new move that Stoutland taught it so replacing Fire Fang probably wouldn’t be that big a deal, especially since Ash taught it Flame Charge.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I like most of the other scenarios for how Gou might be influenced by Satoshi's old friends, but I personally doubt that Koharu will be given that same opportunity since she rarely hangs out with Satoshi and Gou, so she might not even meet most of those characters.
It would be interesting let her hang out with Ash a little. People at least know she acts like Go's brakes, but, since Ash is a little harder to deal...

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Well he is supposed to be successor of sinnoh version, tho for me i always put BW ash ahead of kalos ash and sinnoh ash.

dman_dustin

I’d personally love to see more of Unova, but I think most anime fans would rather it fade into obscurity and never be spoken of again -_-

Look, I don't like Iris but I'm not against her coming back.

And even he who must not be named should come back to be super curbstomped by Ash in the PWC

Status
Not open for further replies.