• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I have an interesting topic that I've been thinking about for a while now.

Ash will face against most (if not all) the Galar Gym Leaders.

Seeing how they changed Bea's Ace from Machamp to a Grapploct in the anime what are the odds that the other Gym Leaders (besides Raihan) have different Aces too?

I think the reason why they changed Bea's Ace from Machamp to Grapploct was promote new Galar Mons in the anime tbh.

I predict that each Galar Gym Leader will have a Galar Mon as their Ace and the one's who didn't in the games (Allister, Melony, etc) will have their's changed to Galar Mon in the Anime.

I predict:

Milo will keep Eldegoss.
Kabu will keep Centiskorch
Gordie will keep Coalossal
Opal/Bede will keep Alcremie/Hatterene
Piers/Marnie will keep Obstagoon/Grimmsnarl

The others however are a bit more interesting...

Allister

Seeing as his Ace is the Games is Gengar which Ash's already has in the Anime.

I think Cursola or Runerigus will be Allister's Ace

Melony

Lapras in the Games.
Either Frosmoth or Eiscue in the Anime

Nessa

Now this one's a very curious case because her Ace is Drednaw in the Games. Drednaw has already been showcased in the anime. And we don't know for sure if Team Rocket's Chewtle will return or not.

But what would be a good replacement for Nessa? There aren't very many Water Types in the Galar region.

Inteleon would be a good match but I'm doubtful that they'd give a Gym Leader a Starter

Cramorant's gimmick is too goofy for me to see being an Ace.

Rapid-Strike Urshifu is a Legendary so that's obviously out

Barraskewda would probably be a very good Ace for Nessa. (Look at it's Speed Stat Total!)
I'd actually like this. They could still keep their GMax but have the Galar Pokemon be their ace like with Wulfric and his (Mega) Abomasnow & Avalugg.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Well Aerodactyl is a good first step in Goh's declaration that he will be challenging more and more big shots. I wonder what other big game he will be going after outside of his single throw captures? I'm starving for info on the Zapdos episode because of how much it could influence both boys captures going forward. We still have absolutely no info outside of the OP and a 2 second clip from the special PV.

I can't help but feel that Ash's 5th capture will be from Galar given the lack of Galar focus so far in the anime.

ShadowForce720

Well Aerodactyl is a good first step in Goh's declaration that he will be challenging more and more big shots. I wonder what other big game he will be going after outside of his single throw captures? I'm starving for info on the Zapdos episode because of how much it could influence both boys captures going forward. We still have absolutely no info outside of the OP and a 2 second clip from the special PV.

I can't help but feel that Ash's 5th capture will be from Galar given the lack of Galar focus so far in the anime.

To be fair it could the case could also be made that Ash’s next capture might actually be from Unova considering that we haven’t had a Unova episode since episode 14.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Well considering there's been a Galarian Ponyta that keeps appearing in Merchandise, I'm guessing someone is going to catch it. (Unless it's Bede's?)

I'm actually betting on Ash capturing it. It would be the most unexpected thing and this show wants us to expect the unexpected :p

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
The writers should not give Ash non-fully evolved mons anymore, especially a Kanto mon (regional forms included)... Him training newly captured non-fully evolved mons costed him a huge price by wasting Pikachu, Gengar and Dragonite efforts, and the screentime for the latter 2 (even Farfetch'd lacked one, the narrative gives the vibe that Ash doesn't know that a Galarian Farfetch'd can evolve)...

To be fair it could the case could also be made that Ash’s next capture might actually be from Unova considering that we haven’t had a Unova episode since episode 14.

I hope it would be Zoroark if it's from Unova...

If a Unova capture is coming, I’d love it to be Zoroark. Personally, though, I’d like him to get Tyranitar next. If it ended up being the Larvitar from Master Quest that’d be even better

Tyranitar would be a good "redemption" capture for the writers if any...

kickachu

Momentai!
if goh caught a separate episode ash should be next soon where he does some training in another region

Zariful

If I had to see Ash get a capture from every region other than Kanto and Sinnoh

Johto- Tyranitar
Hoenn-Marshtomp
Unova-Chandelure
Kalos-Gogoat/Phantump
Alola- Ninetales
Galar- Ponyta
Especially those second two

Sword master zacian

The writers should not give Ash non-fully evolved mons anymore, especially a Kanto mon (regional forms included)... Him training newly captured non-fully evolved mons costed him a huge price by wasting Pikachu, Gengar and Dragonite efforts, and the screentime for the latter 2 (even Farfetch'd lacked one, the narrative gives the vibe that Ash doesn't know that a Galarian Farfetch'd can evolve)...

I hope it would be Zoroark if it's from Unova...

Tyranitar would be a good "redemption" capture for the writers if any...
well i am prefering ash to get some unevolved mons first cuz the writers have nothing to do with the fully evolved ones so they simply rot in lab and they are rarely ever seen on screen
well even riolu and farfetch'd were caught later atleast they appears more then gengar and dragonite(if not counting cameos)
i think ash should get some galar non-evolved mons instead of any other region

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
well i am prefering ash to get some unevolved mons first cuz the writers have nothing to do with the fully evolved ones so they simply rot in lab and they are rarely ever seen on screen
well even riolu and farfetch'd were caught later atleast they appears more then gengar and dragonite(if not counting cameos)
i think ash should get some galar non-evolved mons instead of any other region

It's actually the reason why fully evolved mons are getting rot... The non-fully evolved ones needs to be trained... Hence, screentime...

Imagine if Riolu and Farfetch'd are already Lucario and Sirfetch'd, everyone can get an equal screentime...

I would prefer if Ash trains some his reserves to have them fully evolved before Hyper Class... The likes of Gible, Scraggy, Rowlet, Oshawott, Snivy, Totodile, Palpitoad, Corphish needs to...

Icy-Snowflake

Goh catches one Pokemon every time they go to Galar. Scorbunny, Skwovet and Sobble stole food. All of Goh's Galar captures have followed this trend. So in the next two parter, I think we might see another Pokemon stealing food and getting captured by Goh.

Red and Blue

Goh catches one Pokemon every time they go to Galar. Scorbunny, Skwovet and Sobble stole food. All of Goh's Galar captures have followed this trend. So in the next two parter, I think we might see another Pokemon stealing food and getting captured by Goh.
Hopefully something like Galarian Zigzagoon or Rookidee steals his food and not Grookey, lol.

Lacuna

Goodnight
If a Unova capture really is next for Ash, I can't see it being anything but Zoroark. There's not a lot of other "iconic" mons from Unova left to speak of.
I worry it'll be a bit too similar to Riolu/Lucario, being a two stage canine Pokémon, but maybe that's just me.

But if we're getting one from some other region, I've gotta agree with the Espeon speculation I've seen floating around recently. My personal reasoning is this...

People have always wanted Ash to catch an Eevee of his own, so it's not too unlikely he'll finally be getting one this series - but I feel like keeping it unevolved on a team like this would be an odd choice. Most other Eeveelutions have already been ruled out, but I don't think Espeon has had a real major appearance in the main series in almost 19 years.
Its Pokédex entries say it's "extremely loyal to any trainer it considers to be worthy", and I feel like that ties in pretty well with Ash's character and the bond he has with Pokémon. It'd be his first Psychic-type, too (excluding Mimey, I guess). On more a minor note, it would also have some interesting parallels, seeing as his counterpart Red has an Espeon in GSC, and his very first rival Gary ended up with an Umbreon.

But what do I know, maybe Gou is going to end up catching eight Eevee just to evolve them all...

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

Probably more fully evolved Pokémon and some of the stronger standalone ones as well would be my guess for big shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.