• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrahim Saidu

If Ash or Chole gets or not a Fossil in ep 38 rather then Aerodactyl, what could it get?
  • Helix Fossil-Omanyte: Water Gun, Rollout, Ice Beam, Shell Smash
  • Dome Fossil-Kabuto: Aqua Jet, Mud Shot, Take Down
  • Root Fossil-Lileep: Confuse Ray, Bullet Seed, Brine, Solar Beam
  • Claw Fossil-Anorith: Water Gun, Bug Bite, Rock Slide, Crush Claw
  • Skull Fossil-Cranidos: Headbutt, Head Smash, Zen Headbutt, Fire Blast
  • Shield Fossil-Shieldon: Iron Defense, Stone Edge, Flash Cannon, Iron Head
  • Cover Fossil-Tirtouga: Bide, Brine, Ancient Power, Blizzard
  • Plume Fossil-Archen: Wing Attack, Dragon Breath, Steel Wing, Knock Off
  • Jaw Fossil-Tyrunt: Ancient Power, Dragon Claw, Thunder Fang, Rock Polish
  • Sail Fossil-Amaura: Icy Wind, Rock Throw, Aurora Beam, Frost Breath
I would say that Ash should get a Jaw Fossil that will become Tyrunt

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I would love to see Cynthia vs Diantha actually. Our two female champions, both beautiful and interesting
I’d actually like to see a mini tournament with the Champions of each region minus Kanto since Lance can cover both Kanto and Johto, Iris, and Ash. Wallace would be included in the tournament as the anime established him as being both a Gym Leader and League Champion of Hoenn. The match ups would be Lance vs Alder, Diantha vs Cynthia, Leon vs Wallace, and Steven Stone being the bye who battles the winner of Lance vs Alder in bracket A in round 1. This tournament lasts ten episodes and each battle is shown in full with the final battle being a two parter. The reason Iris isn’t included is simply because of the anime canon of her never becoming Champion and Ash gets excluded because he’d be taken out so quickly by any of the Champions that it wouldn’t be fair to him or his Pokémon.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Hmm... Was Lycanroc Ash's Strongest Alola Pokémon by the end of SM?

No it wasn't, incineror and melmetal were both much stronger than lycannroc, it jobbed against kukui's braviary despite having a type advantage.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
No it wasn't, incineror and melmetal were both much stronger than lycannroc, it jobbed against kukui's braviary despite having a type advantage.
I mean, even though it lost, it showcased how much it could take to even surviving a fall from the sky way up I wouldn't say it jobbed badly compared to past Pokemon. I agree both Incineroar and Melmetal are stronger although I still say Lycanroc is impressive only because its shown to take damage very well so it has that going for it.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Does that make Rowlet stronger than Lycanroc? Braviary have type advantage against Rowlet, right?

No of course not. If you do a wifi battle against someone and win, does that mean you will always win against them? No, circumstances, choices made, etc. all influence the match.

I could see Lycanroc being out quickly because he was still exhausted from the match against Gladion for instance.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Yeah I don’t think one battle with Braviary really says much. I mean type advantage hardly matters in the anime. Not too long before that battle ashs Pikachu smoked a Mudsdale. Lycanroc has some colossal victories under its belt. Olivia’s and Gladion’s Lycanrocs and Nanu’s whole team, which he was at a disadvantage against Krookodile. He only lost to Braviary because he just had his spotlight against Gladion and the writers wanted to hand some kills to other mons.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Kukui was implied to be the strongest Trainer in Alola so I'd say Incineroar is stronger than it. I also think Melmetal would be better had it gotten more time as it has immense potential. Lycanroc is still strong in its own right though

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Does that make Rowlet stronger than Lycanroc? Braviary have type advantage against Rowlet, right?

No lycannroc damaged braviary substantially to the point which helped rowlet take him down, well if rowlet evolves it would surpass it easily. Ash's lycnnroc is massively overrated, probably his most overrated pokemon ever.

When did Incineroar and Melmetal solo a Kahuna? They have nothing on Lycanroc.

A joke kahuna in a joke battle, sorry but the ula ula island arc was the worst among the 4, plus lycanroc mostly won due to last minute move counter. It was getting dominated by silvally and was getting thrashed by gladion's lycannroc until ash cleverly used counter to counter gladion's lycannroc at the last second. Not to mention it was struggling to beat kiawe's charizard (his weakest pokemon out of 3) despite having a type advantage.

Yeah I don’t think one battle with Braviary really says much. I mean type advantage hardly matters in the anime. Not too long before that battle ashs Pikachu smoked a Mudsdale. Lycanroc has some colossal victories under its belt. Olivia’s and Gladion’s Lycanrocs and Nanu’s whole team, which he was at a disadvantage against Krookodile. He only lost to Braviary because he just had his spotlight against Gladion and the writers wanted to hand some kills to other mons.

Fair point, i think it is a solid tier pokemon of ash's tam but i wouldn't put it anywhere close to top 10 or even top 12 of ash's pokemon like melmetal or incineroar.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
I can see a scenario that Bea will mention him on the 39th episode... The only Fighting trainer she can't beat so far (assuming she has yet to battle the E4s), and assuring that Ash will not beat him...

I don't really care for Mustard in the games, but I suppose that Saito mentioning him in passing would at least give him proper foreshadowing if the writers ever decide to debut him in the anime.

Zariful

If there was ever any doubt by the way, the recent dub episodes said several times that beating Leon was the next step to becoming a Pokémon master, implying there’s more. And I imagine that’s indicative of what was originally said. So Ash ain’t going anywhere. He has plenty of battles to have and pokemanz to catch

dman_dustin

I think people underestimate being grabbed and flying high in the air only to be dive bombed point blank range into the ground.

Realistically Lycanroc shouldn't have survived but did show a testament of its strength not to mention barely surviving a super effective superpower before ultimately just losing.

Kukui just got the upperhand.

Status
Not open for further replies.