• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Mythical-Moonlight

I have two questions.
1 Between Obstagoon and Grimmsnarl which of these Galar Dark type Pokemon suits Ash
2 Between Flapple and Appletun, which one suits Ash
1.) Neither of them really fit Ash tbh. But if I had to pick one I'd go with Obstagoon. I just cannot see Ash with any member of the Impidimp line. While I can at least imagine Ash working with a Galarian Zigzagoon

2.) Definitely Flapple. Appletun feels more like a Goh Pokémon. (I think they're both going to Goh tho)

Ibrahim Saidu

1.) Neither of them really fit Ash tbh. But if I had to pick one I'd go with Obstagoon. I just cannot see Ash with any member of the Impidimp line. While I can at least imagine Ash working with a Galarian Zigzagoon

2.) Definitely Flapple. Appletun feels more like a Goh Pokémon. (I think they're both going to Goh tho)
Personally
1 I think Ash should catch Grimmsnarl
2 Since Ash is a kind of Trainer that works with speedy Pokemon then Flapple fits Ash's battle style. Pls since Applin has two branched evos, Ash and Goh can represent the evos with Ash having Flapple while Goh can have Appletun

Ignition

Keep thriving
I have two questions.
1 Between Obstagoon and Grimmsnarl which of these Galar Dark type Pokemon suits Ash
2 Between Flapple and Appletun, which one suits Ash
1) I’d say Obstagoon since its entire battle style is around getting opponents to come in close so it can counter attack with Obstruct to lower their defense for a follow up hit. Seems like something Ash would take into account more IMO. I’d be fine with both since they’re both my favorite Galar Pokémon.
2)Flapple since it’s more agile but I could easily see Appletun as a mini Snorlax

PsychoLogical

Alright since we dont have much to speculate on, what is the one pokemon from each of ash's regional team that you think should come back for more development this series. An underrated or under written one, unlike charizard infernape etc
I only truly want one to return and its Gible since it was unfortunately a victim of "late capture syndrome" and thus didn't get much when it had so much potential and ofc there's the thing where people still want Ash to finally own a Garchomp.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Gible totodile snivy and pignite imo should definitely return and get more development and evolutions. Tbh I kinda wish we got some fanservice and we get evolutions for all reserve Pokémon besides rowlet, bulbasaur, squirtle, Oshawott and buizel. Rowlet and bulbasaur due to story reasons, squirtle Oshawott due to them being so iconic in their base stage that evolving them would be weird imo now and buizel coz it simply doesn't need it.

nickdt

I only truly want one to return and its Gible since it was unfortunately a victim of "late capture syndrome" and thus didn't get much when it had so much potential and ofc there's the thing where people still want Ash to finally own a Garchomp.
Late capture syndrome isn't an excuse, since Snorunt also came late and was the MVP in the Hoenn League and it did even less than Gible did.