• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

I'm not bothered by the order in which the Galar Starters debuted in. I just think that Sarunori [and Messon] should've appeared in the first ten episodes at the earliest to take advantage of Gen VIII's premiere. The pacing in this series has been bizarre, and I suppose most would say that it's because the director and writers are trying new things, but I still don't think it excuses their rather questionable decisions.
I mean their rather questionable decisions mostly revolve on the characters being mostly in Kantooooo! So yeah I would like if we have more episodes taking place in Galar.

kickachu

Momentai!
Is this worth it?

Ehmg_o1XYAERrQC
I think goh will catch a slowpoke , ditto and ash will get eevee

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The DD plot feels like it will come very soon. But why so soon?
It's become increasingly clear that the writers don't give af about Galar and it's why they're rushing to get DD out of the way as quickly as possible. And why Sobble took his sweet time to show up. And why Grookey still has yet to show up.

They aren't giving focus on Galar because they don't want to. As sad as it sounds.

They've only given Galar focus out of obligation. The only reason the Galar Starters are even in the main cast is because Gamefreak requires them to be. Because the writers HAVE do it not because they actually want to. :(

I believe Masato was seven or around that age. I don't know what Eureka's age was, but I don't think it really matters anyway since I find it hard to believe that they'll both return, much less that they'd already be ten. Just because Burnet-hakase gave birth already doesn't mean that nine months passed since time and biology in the anime are clearly different from real life.
That is why I want them to return as trainer.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I figured if Ash caught Zacian it would just lounge around the lab when Ash wasn't dealing with Legendary threats.

Well this early on, yeah. Look at how Gengar and Dragonite get shafted in favor of Riolu and Farfetch'd

Darkest Day should have happened later on, especially since "Ash catches a legendary" is going to make Ponyta, Grookey, or whatever he gets afterwards feel like a massive downgrade. At least with Kubfu there's the whole "Ash has to work for it" scenario like with Meltan

I'm not fond of him keeping the wolf anyways, it's a guardian of Galar. It shouldn't be at some lab all the way across the world, no! Especially since that'd be the fate of both wolves!
Ash having Urshifu or a Galarian bird permanently would be fine, but I'd rather see the wolves get released after Darkest Day. Nebby is the one that should have been captured, not them

desdar300

Well this early on, yeah. Look at how Gengar and Dragonite get shafted in favor of Riolu and Farfetch'd

Darkest Day should have happened later on, especially since "Ash catches a legendary" is going to make Ponyta, Grookey, or whatever he gets afterwards feel like a massive downgrade. At least with Kubfu there's the whole "Ash has to work for it" scenario like with Meltan

I'm not fond of him keeping the wolf anyways, it's a guardian of Galar. It shouldn't be at some lab all the way across the world, no! Especially since that'd be the fate of both wolves!
Ash having Urshifu or a Galarian bird permanently would be fine, but I'd rather see the wolves get released after Darkest Day. Nebby is the one that should have been captured, not them
Yeah I think that's kind of the big issue when it comes to the cover legendaries is that they're pretty much the gods of the verse.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Yeah we're likely gearing up for a mini Galar arc

Is in't it too early just in first 50 episodes they are finishing one of the most important plots of galar, and please let some of galar characters like sonia, leon or even raihan be a part of it not just ash and go.

Red and Blue

At least there is still plenty of Galar left to cover outside of the DD.

Is in't it too early just in first 50 episodes they are finishing one of the most important plots of galar, and please let some of galar characters like sonia, leon or even raihan be a part of it not just ash and go.
Leon and Raihan will probably hold off Eternatus until Ash and Go arrive with the Wolf duo. Sonia can help out with the Rusted Sword and Shield

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
There's still the IoA, and we have no idea what the Crown Tundra will bring.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't really care for Mustard in the games, but I suppose that Saito mentioning him in passing would at least give him proper foreshadowing if the writers ever decide to debut him in the anime.

Well they sort of have to cause they somewhat stay true to the evolution methods, nowadays it only seems to get broken for COTDs like the recent Feebas
And if they want Urshifu, Ash has to either do the Water/Dark tower

Plus his connection to Leon, I think it's a safe bet Mustard will get in. The Tundra bloke? Honestly I see Brandon taking his role and netting the new Regis lol I wouldn't be surprised if the Tundra guy and Klara/Avery get passed up, especially since those two just exist to showcase Galarian Slowpoke and I think it's a safe bet that Goh will probably have at least one of the evolutions of Slowpoke if not both(I'd like it if Ash got one cause the typing's dope! But I have a hard time seeing it happen, hopefully it's Slowking)

desdar300

Can you or anybody explain to me how this image indicates that Zacian gets caught in a Master ball? I fail to see how this should clear all doubts.
Not getting caught in the master ball in the show itself but that it was that master ball in merch scan that featured all of Ash's Pokemon which many assumed would be his mystery capture.
Legendary pokemon are often marketed with Master Balls in certain merch scans and as for why it's Zacian, that's because alot of merch tied to her is popping up ( Even without Zamazenta).
It's either her or Eternatus but to me the former makes more sense given the context

D

Deleted member 384931

It could be prolonged by having Ash challenge every Galar gym leaders in PWC match and incorporate earlier elements of DD in between challenges.
Nah would take much time. I guess in 20 ep it will be done.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So say Ash hypothetically caught Zacian and it joined his team. Do you think if he used it in battles, they could realistically have trainers that could not only knock it out, but pose a challenge for him? Despite what anyone says, I still consider Mythicals and Legendaries the same in terms of power. And some of Ash’s Pokémon have gone toe to toe with legendaries. Pikachu vs several, Sceptile held its own against Regirock and beat Darkrai, Charizard bested Articuno and Torkoal held its own against Registeel

I think it could work.

We are talking about a world tournament and if Bea is any indication competition will just become fiercier. Zacien is strong even in the games, but she can't everything alone. Also, it's very possible for togher trainers have legendaries as it's been shown by Tobias and that Nurse in the post-DP Brock special. Hypothetically, I can see Ash getting her for Ultra class tier battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.