• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Is anyone really excited about grookey capture at this point?
I would be if Chloe captured it.

Or if Lillie somehow got it.

I don't want Ash or Goh getting it.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

The writers don't care about types overlap. Ash will catch Kubfu since it's like the Starter Pokemon in the Isle of Armor

I agree that type overlap wouldn’t stop Ash from getting Kubfu. However that being said Ash catching Kubfu is not a thing that will definitely happen.

Sure it’s possible that Ash could get a Kubfu but it’s also possible that he might not get one. Heck if anything Pokémon Journeys has shown that you can’t really just assume that Ash will get a specific Pokémon.

I mean heck the only reason why we knew about Ash getting Riolu was because it was specifically mentioned in a scan that Ash would be getting a Pokémon Egg, and the episode title basically gave away what was inside the Egg.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They're a few years younger than Ash at least so like 8 maybe? I think Bonnie has the highest chance of returning because she was in the games and was liked by most people but Max? I don't think so.
Max might come back if they want to have Ash meet an old character in Hoenn, due to May's Japanese VA retiring due to illness.

MegaSalamence05

The argument for Chloe/Koharu getting Grookey is definitely there. She's a beginner, got Yamper because Yamper loves her more than any other character in her family. But it's still treated as the Cerise/Sakuragi family pet. It's easy character progression to have happen and it's a starter Pokemon. The only conflict is that the Cerise family are based in Kanto. So Kanto starters, but I just question that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
They're a few years younger than Ash at least so like 8 maybe? I think Bonnie has the highest chance of returning because she was in the games and was liked by most people but Max? I don't think so.

I don't know how popular Masato is since there's never been an official character popularity poll taken that ranked all the traveling companions [at least as far as I know], but I think it's safe to say that his fandom is quite small. I think that's due to him not having any Pokemon or a goal that he worked on while in the cast, so he was probably seen as just a tag along and nothing more.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, Dephender has said once that Fujishi Yamada - Max's VA - has a semi recurring role on Doraemon so I could see him returning for a Hoenn episode. He could be a good alternative for some Hoenn representantion. Specially since I could see Norman taking on the PWC

desdar300

I'm still not sure why people think it'll be caught just because it was shown with Satoshi's other Pokemon in that scan. I thought that the "X Pokemon is in close proximity to Satoshi/his Pokemon, so it'll be caught by him" logic was debunked a long time ago after several instances of that not coming to fruition with other captures.
That I couldn't tell you but that merchandise sheet was a hot topic for months
The argument for Chloe/Koharu getting Grookey is definitely there. She's a beginner, got Yamper because Yamper loves her more than any other character in her family. But it's still treated as the Cerise/Sakuragi family pet. It's easy character progression to have happen and it's a starter Pokemon. The only conflict is that the Cerise family are based in Kanto. So Kanto starters, but I just question that.
That depends since I think they kind of want to keep her a secondary character who's tied to Slice of Life plots.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Bonnie must be around 6. Clemont was fairly young when he attended school and at that point Bonnie was just a baby.

It's just my head canon that Meyer sent Clemont to that school to distract him from possibly losing his mom from giving birth to Bonnie.

Max must have been 7 or so as he seemed just slightly older than Bonnie was.

Max could return specially if Ash challenges Norman to a WCS match or if he finally visits Prof. Birch and Max is there to assist him with his field research.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
Well, Dephender has said once that Fujishi Yamada - Max's VA - has a semi recurring role on Doraemon so I could see him returning for a Hoenn episode. He could be a good alternative for some Hoenn representantion. Specially since I could see Norman taking on the PWC

I'd still rather see a previously skipped in-game character serve as Houen representation in place of Masato or Haruka, though. Mitsuru or Higana are my preferences.

desdar300

That may not be the case for very long as even in the new opening she slowly starts getting closer to the boys with longing look on her face.
I'm personally with the lot that believes she should probably stay that way because otherwise she'd be no different then say.. May for example.
Chloe kind of keeps the outrageous Adventures of the boys grounded to Showcase that not everybody is pretty much a battle hungry Tycoon or an obsessive collector

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Is anyone really excited about grookey capture at this point?

Couldn't give two cents about Sobble's capture, but apparently that was a huge drama for a large chunk of the posters here.

Grookey on the other hand was my favorite starter of this bunch (while Sobble/Drizzile/Intelleon are just not my thing).

I want it with Ash since I think it will give him a fun character amidst his battle droids. I'm perfectly aware that Goh might get it, but even if he does I'm sure that it will be more fun to watch Sobble with its crying gimmick.

desdar300

You know I think it would be cool if both Ash and go battled for who should get ownership of Grookey.
Similar to what happened with Totodile.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ibrahim Saidu said:
The writers don't care about types overlap. Ash will catch Kubfu since it's like the Starter Pokemon in the Isle of Armor

Type overlap notwithstanding, I don't see why he's expected to capture one in the future when there's been no foreshadowing [unless I missed it while I was gone], and the Isle of Armor isn't really in need of heavy promotion anymore, what with it being old news and The Crown Tundra release coming up. Dakuma just doesn't feel like a priority.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I'd still rather see a previously skipped in-game character serve as Houen representation in place of Masato or Haruka, though. Mitsuru or Higana are my preferences.
I'd personally like to see Wally. The poor guy is (so far at least) the only Game Rival (aside from Hugh) to get skipped over for an anime appearance. I just don't know who.

Also idk why but I have this underlying suspension that between Bede, Marnie and Hop; One of those 3 is going to take the L and get skipped out of an anime appearance.

I hope I'm wrong here.

But if one has to go then I'll take Bede and Marnie over Hop. (I like Hop but I like Bede and Marnie vastly more)

Last edited:

desdar300

Type overlap notwithstanding, I don't see why he's expected to capture one in the future when there's been no foreshadowing [unless I missed it while I was gone], and the Isle of Armor isn't really in need of heavy promotion anymore, what with it being old news and The Crown Tundra release coming up. Dakuma just doesn't feel like a priority.
So long as we're stuck in generation 8 it along with basically everything else going on is going to be a priority.
It's no coincidence that anything resembling a storyline happens every time the duo go to Galar or interact with something from there.
The Isle would be a great way for us to finally Master Dynamax while also getting some training points from the man who trained Leon.
We have more reasons for it to happen then it not to

Master Pikachu 11

Couldn't give two cents about Sobble's capture, but apparently that was a huge drama for a large chunk of the posters here.

Grookey on the other hand was my favorite starter of this bunch (while Sobble/Drizzile/Intelleon are just not my thing).

I want it with Ash since I think it will give him a fun character amidst his battle droids. I'm perfectly aware that Goh might get it, but even if he does I'm sure that it will be more fun to watch Sobble with its crying gimmick.
The main reason that I wanted Ash to capture Sobble was because I wanted Ash to get another fully evolve water starter and because I unfortunately don’t believe that the three water starters that he owns at Oak’s lab are going to even evolve. As for Grookey I agree that it would be a fun character on Ash’s team and it is a Pokémon that I think fits Ash’s personality. I actually like Rillaboom and think it can be a very good contributor to Ash’s team. Plus if it does end up on Ash’s team then we will know for sure that Ash will showcase its G-max form

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Uh I have a question regarding the Main Poster of Pokémon Journeys.

Do you guys think they'll update this poster to have Cinderace take Raboot's place?

Raboot is small enough not to obscure any of the Characters in the center or the Pokémon in the Background.

But Cinderace is about as big as Ash and Gou are. How are they gonna make this poster work?
Pocket_Monsters_2019_poster_artwork_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.