• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. D. Guy

Who do you want to/think will be the next Galar Gym Leader to show up?

For me I think it’ll be Nessa or Kabu. As for who I want, those 2 or Piers
Anyone between and including (not exclusive) Milo, Kabu, and Gordie. These are wants.

Can't really make any speculations as to who I think, though. Probably not gonna be able to tell until the preview/summary/etc. comes out that directly indicates something.

EDIT: And Opal. Give me Opal!

Lacuna

Goodnight
Dang. I've always been on the side of "merch stuff isn't concrete evidence, it usually doesn't mean anything" but that Flygon/Charizard/Dragapult combo makes a strong case. It is weird to show Ash there if none of those Pokemon are his, but since they have to include him on the front, they probably just didn't think through that it could get interpreted that way. I'm just holding off on jumping to any conclusions.

Unless... the Dragapult is Leon's so that's actually Ash's Charizard! OMG everyone get hype!!! /s

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
Its just a toyset, nothing more.

Dragapult, Flygon and Charizard are Dragons, despite Charizard not being a Dragon type and all three are also popular mons. Collection is the keyword here.
But the point is, that toyset contains two pokemon who have already appeared in the anime and the third one is on it's way. It honestly makes sense to speculate about whether that third one's gonna end up in the main cast or it shall remain with Leon as shown in the preview.

nickdt

I doubt this toyset means much for one single reason

Dragapult didn't appear in the poster. So it most likely is already owned by other trainers. Every Pokemon so far that has appeared on that new poster was either a legendary or an upcoming episode or capture. Dracovish was on it, while Dragapult wasn't.

Master Pikachu 11

I wasn't seriously on the "Ash catching the Dragapult" bandwagon until that toyset with Charizard and Flygon. It's odd to have Ash with Leon and Go yet being the only trainer to not have a toy Pokemon representing him.

If Flygon is for Go and Charizard Leon then that would point to the Dragapult being Ash's. Guess we have to wait and see
Now that you mention it, it is strange especially when they could have had Dragonite in the set instead of Dragapult.
Its just a toyset, nothing more.

Dragapult, Flygon and Charizard are Dragons, despite Charizard not being a Dragon type and all three are also popular mons. Collection is the keyword here.
Then if this is suppose to be a collection of dragons then why not have Dragonite in the set instead of Charizard since it is also popular. This collection is also suppose to promote the Darkest Day as well which is why we see Leon there with Ash and Goh. Why have Flygon there but not Dragonite when we know that Dragonite will play a roll in this arc.

Rohanator

Now that you mention it, it is strange especially when they could have had Dragonite in the set instead of Dragapult.

Then if this is suppose to be a collection of dragons then why not have Dragonite in the set instead of Charizard since it is also popular. This collection is also suppose to promote the Darkest Day as well which is why we see Leon there with Ash and Goh. Why have Flygon there but not Dragonite when we know that Dragonite will play a roll in this arc.
Worth noting is that all of the figures in this set are new to this gen's MonColle line, the previously released Charizard had a different pose and Dragapult and Flygon aren't sold separately yet. I think all the other Mons relevant to the arc have already been released prior (aside from Farfetch'd which might be why the previous promo image showed a Sirfetch'd instead, as a Farfetch'd figure for this line simply doesn't exist yet) so that might explain why these are specifically a set. They probably wanted to use Dragapult as a selling point for a more expensive product as it's one of the most popular Gen 8 Mons, but rather than forcing people to buy a set with figures they may already have threw in new versions of some older Mons.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I still think it’s just Leon’s or Raihan’s, but they used Ash in the add because he’s a protagonist.

Garanted foreshadowing is kinda relative in the show, specially in the current saga, but I think it would be a little more advertised if a protagonist was about to get the current gen’s pseudo.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I still think it’s just Leon’s or Raihan’s, but they used Ash in the add because he’s a protagonist.

Garanted foreshadowing is kinda relative in the show, specially in the current saga, but I think it would be a little more advertised if a protagonist was about to get the current gen’s pseudo.
Likely Leon’s since he actually has one in the games.

For the second statement, It technically varies since they tend to be a hit or miss on advertising what Ash’s captures are. Don’t get me wrong, I’m very confident that the Dragapult’s Leon’s (still think that Ash could still get his own later on) however it doesn’t change the fact that advertising for whatever Ash’s captures could be is pretty inconsistent. You got ones that have been long hinted and even spoiled like Gengar and Riolu and then you got others that you wouldn’t bother thinking about like in BW, G-Farfetch’d, and I guess that potential Marshtomp appearing in segment 2 of JN041 if it is going to be a capture that is.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash is probably only on the box because he's the face of the anime, rather than him actually owning any of the Pokemon there. It would be weird to sell an anime related set with just Goh and Leon on the box..

You would've thought Dragonite would be in there, but I guess the others are just more marketable.. including Flygon, apparently.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
This is not an argument, as the composition of a given hero in the anime may differ from his composition in the games.
And neither is really denying something that's more realistic that also has evidence to backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.