• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Iris was following Rayquazza, and if she didn't know about the Hoenn region at the time I think she found out about it after seeing the large dragon.
Have you ever tried following a bird? No? Just saying that she will have lost track of it sooner rather then later and to reach Hoenn you'd also need to get on a boat at some point, by which time she would've definitely lost sight of it. Unless she hopped on Dragonite and flew after it - in which case she probably would've caught up before even leaving Johto.

So no. Still isn't likely that she went to Hoenn. That's just fancanon. The likely conclusion is that she lost sight of Rayquaza rather quickly and that's it. If she'd ask native Johto citizens about a large dragon, they'd likely send her to the Whirl Islands, because they believed Lugia was a dragon. And if THAT wasn't the case, the more likely direction they'd point her to would be the Sinjoh Ruins, because that's also a place where there's a legend featuring big dragons as well that they might've heard about.

Impidimp as a species doesn't seem like the kind of Pokémon I can see Ash ever catching.
Okay, okay, explain why. And explain why he wouldn't capture an Impidimp, but has caught a Gengar this series.

Well he did buy a huge park to make it his lab so he must be quite rich
He probably has Kanto government subsidizing his researchprogram.

ShinyCharyZard

Honesty=Infractions
I could totally see Ash capturing an Impidimp, but I wouldn't want it to become a Grimmsnarl. I like Morgrem, but I find Grimmsnarl just absolutely awful to look at, it's heckin' ugly..

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I could totally see Ash capturing an Impidimp, but I wouldn't want it to become a Grimmsnarl. I like Morgrem, but I find Grimmsnarl just absolutely awful to look at, it's heckin' ugly..
I was going to make a 'yo' momma'-joke, but I'm going to pass.. :p

Ash has caught ugly pokémon before. It isn't as if Glalie is mommy's most beautiful creation ever..

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Glalie is the “cool” type of ugly. Dracovish is the “oh my lord, kill that with fire” type of ugly. And grimmsnarl looks “a thing that emerges from the bottom of hell” type of ugly. Even a banette is cutesy by comparison.

I’d say even the anime staff have standards, but I’m ready to stand corrected.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

~Can't I not take it in vain?~
I think Oshawott's cute though. It would probably look better with blue cheek patches instead of those weird freckle things.
I think Oshawott is Adorable as well.
I think the Clown nose is what sets people off more

I was responding to that guy's post with a Reaction Image. (Oshawott's face summed up my feelings)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
lmfao you guys are all hilarious... bruxish takes the cake for ugly queen in my eyes. oh and seismitoad is fugly too.

Although Ash has gengar, it'd be fun to see Ash with Impidimp that causes trouble. There whole line is beautiful and I hope to gosh it's not just a potd.
It's Marnie's ace so it probably won't be one unless she is just a COTD.