• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Nah, I wonder if it wasnt a better idea to wait with catching Farfechted until Riolu evolved
Eh we'll never know. As another side note: I actually want to see what capture 5 is soon since to say the least, it's getting overdue.

Applecorp

Red and Blue

So like Kukui Leon has two Pokemon from his game team. Aside from them I think he will have one of the fully evolved starters. The other three can be different Pokemon from his game counterpart

PsychoLogical

But can it take Riolu's spotlight away, though. G-fetch tried but failed miserably.
When Riolu evolves I say yes since they'll be stuck with nothing to work with again since Ash will have a fully evolved team by then again (And yes I expect my smug duck soon after Lucario arrives)

:>

D

Deleted member 384931

When Riolu evolves I say yes since they'll be stuck with nothing to work with again since Ash will have a fully evolved team by then again (And yes I expect my smug duck soon after Lucario arrives)

:>
Or at the same time during DD on another moment

nickdt

It was obvious that Dragapult was Leon's since the beginning. Although at the same time, Ash and Dragapult can still happen if the writers want to.

I don't think they want to, since Ash never gets a Pokemon owned by a current Champion, especially if they are from the same generation and if they wanted Ash to have one, i doubt they would have debuted Leons before Ash's.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think they want to, since Ash never gets a Pokemon owned by a current Champion, especially if they are from the same generation and if they wanted Ash to have one, i doubt they would have debuted Leons before Ash's.
Especially now that said Champion is Ash's primary rival this saga.

D

Deleted member 384931

Tbh I wonder if it is so smart to do the DD plot so soon in the anime

PsychoLogical

They can still just toss Ash the Dreepy line if it's to their own preference. Majority of the time, Leon's still likely mainly going to be seen with his Charizard. Not so much on the rest of his mons, especially on the native Galar side. And we can't really say never considering the format of this series. Some things will stay the same, and from my POV regarding the current Champion owning this or that, I don't think that's going to be one of them.

Like I said, it's going to be based on the their preference. If they're still willing to have Ash own his own Dragapult despite Leon debuting and owning one himself then that's on them. It's not out of the question.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't know if she'll grow envious of Satoshi, but I don't like the idea of Gou becoming more like Satoshi. I enjoy the differences between them, so I'm not looking forward to Gou becoming Satoshi's expy over time.
I only see them doing that if they intend to fully replace Ash with Gou as the main protagonist once Journeys is over.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
Didn't Team Rocket's voice actors also complain about not getting enough screentime in Black and White or something?

I don't know if "complain" is the right word, but at least one of them did make a comment that alluded to the fact that they were a bit disappointed with the way the Rocket-dan trio was being handled. This was in early Best Wishes from what I remember, but I'm sure they were appeased once the Rocket-dan trio got their old personalities back after Hiun City.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't know if she'll grow envious of Satoshi, but I don't like the idea of Gou becoming more like Satoshi. I enjoy the differences between them, so I'm not looking forward to Gou becoming Satoshi's expy over time.

I don't expect him them to go that far on it, besides they already kind of did that to an extent with May (who was influenced heavily by Ash's combat style) and look at where it got her when it came to contests...and it wasn't exactly fixed in her sinnoh cameo either.

it's not just this episode, look back at the one where they were leading kids in groups around, at the end Ash and Gou teamed up to send TR packing and Chloe's expression was one of confusion.

Think of it like this, we don't know if she has any other friends, but it's obvious she and gou were close when younger but he's slowly changing due to the influence of another person (in this case Ash), and it might get to a point where when Gou goes far beyond the person she knew all this time, it could trigger a reaction out of her, potentially one of negativity towards Ash, because like it or not he is responsible for starting the changes in Gou.

Because it may force her to change to feel like she's closer to Gou, but she really doesn't seem like she wants to change from how she is now, a "normal human" in the world of pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.