• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Does it really make a difference? Judging by its placement on the screen-shot, it looks like Dande's commanding the Dorapult from behind.
Pretty sure that was obvious unless the writers give us another bait like they just did with Zapdos and the Dragapult isn’t actually Leon’s which for the record is like a 0.01% chance.

Leonhart

Imagineer
dman_dustin said:
Why in the hell am I just now learning about this:

I thought people would be talking about Cinderace and Lucario in animated form.

People were talking about it last night. We already knew that Rabbifoot and Riolu were going to evolve soon though, so there wasn't as much excitement as there would've been had the evolutions been kept secret.

Master Pikachu 11

He caught 2 UB's. Those are sub-legendaries.
Doesn't matter. They are still legendaries by game standards.
Except the Pokémon company does not consider ultra beasts as legendary Pokémon despite what the stats in the games say. And he only caught one UB that was an actual team member. The others were just caught so they can be released in the Worm Hole and I don’t consider them as Ash’s Pokémon because he didn’t use them and were not part of the team. But as I said before, he has not caught a legendary Pokémon yet.

PsychoLogical

Doesn't matter. They are still legendaries by game standards.
No they’re not. UBs are literally not legendaries. Despite stat similarities and so called game standard they’re still not classified as Legendaries. They never were.

PsychoLogical

I thought mythical Pokémon were a subsection of legendary Pokémon....

....is my whole life a lie?
Mythicals and Legendaries are considered to be two separate categories. Always have been. They’re not the same.

Master Pikachu 11

They are two separate categories and from my understanding they have always been two separate categories. Only the West had them as one category until after Gen 5 and then they separated into two. Ultra Beasts are a separate category as well and are neither mythical nor legendary

nickdt

No they’re not. UBs are literally not legendaries. Despite stat similarities and so called game standard they’re still not classified as Legendaries. They never were.

UBs are literally classed as legendaries in the game codes. So yes, they are sub legendaries.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

In terms of game mechanics, literally the only difference between them is that Mythicals are events (Virtual Console Celebi and ORAS Deoxys being exceptions). They’re even paired together in the code along with Ultra Beasts as subcategories.

The difference is solely for marketing (it makes them seem more elusive) so I consider Mythical and UBs Legendaries but that’s a topic you’ll be arguing over nonstop semantics with so it’s best to just interpret it how you want because it doesn’t impact their roles in the games or anime

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Given past episode scenes, it could be irrelevant in the sense he already has it. This trailer really only shows us Cinderace/Lucario as new, which is why I was frustrated no one was talking about this.
Where have you been dude? People are talking about it on Twitter as we speak.

Nobody's talking about it here because we been knew they were coming.

Wake us up when someone else evolves

Status
Not open for further replies.