• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartínK

There are better electric types that Ash can catch besides Yamper like Luxray, Eelektross and Toxicitry.

We need first that one of his current (reverses too) mons learn an electric move like Melmetal thunderbolt and Infernape thunder punch, much more efective that dig.

ShadowForce720

There are better electric types that Ash can catch besides Yamper like Luxray, Eelektross and Toxicitry.

We need first that one of his current (reverses too) mons learn an electric move like Melmetal thunderbolt and Infernape thunder punch, much more efective that dig.

His Naganadel knows Thunderbolt.

You're missing the point: Torracat could've evolved just fine, but the reason it had the result it had was due to it's battle with Incineroar.
The points are:
  • Incineroar is already damaged by Lycanroc.
  • Without evolving, Torracat would not have fainted.
Without damage from Lycanroc, Incineroar would not have fainted, without damage from Incineroar, Torracat would not have fainted. But the final damage on Incineroar come from Torracat while the final damage on Torracat comes from its ownself evolving.
Melmetal know Thunderbolt as Meltan, it is just that Ash only use Double Iron Bash and Flash Canon since it become Melmetal, so we don't know which move it forget: Thunderbolt, Headbutt, or Harden...

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
When will kankanskan see pikachu again

kickachu

Momentai!
What if they don't listen to japanese fans to give Chloe more screen time they didn't vribg serena back when she was a fan favorite

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Random Thought: It's been a very long while since Ash caught a water type now, you'd think they'd break that by now but I guess not. Oh well. Would be nice to see Ash add another water type again even if he has an overabundance of them right now even tho over half are useless and his best one is gone at the moment lmao.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Random Thought: It's been a very long while since Ash caught a water type now, you'd think they'd break that by now but I guess not. Oh well. Would be nice to see Ash add another water type again even if he has an overabundance of them right now even tho over half are useless and his best one is gone at the moment lmao.
Still find it amusing that Ash didn't get a Water Type in Alola despite that Region literally being SURROUNDED by Water

PsychoLogical

Still find it amusing that Ash didn't get a Water Type in Alola despite that Region literally being SURROUNDED by Water
I guess they thought "7.8/10 too much water" eh?
On a serious side note, I actually still think the writers would've given Golisopod to Ash as his water type for the region if Guzma didn't exist and thus wanted it to debut under him.

(Could it still happen? I'm likely not gonna bother holding my breath for it to say the least.)

esquilo09

Dunno, but I hope its Dracovish.

Mythical-Moonlight

I guess they thought "7.8/10 too much water" eh?
On a serious side note, I actually still think the writers would've given Golisopod to Ash as his water type for the region if Guzma didn't exist and thus wanted it to debut under him.

(Could it still happen? I'm likely not gonna bother holding my breath for it to say the least.)
As much as I hate the idea they're probably going to bring back his Greninja as compensation for going 2 Gens in a row without getting the Water Starter.

Ash will then have 2 Shillmons on his team simultaneously and the writers can milk the tf out of that

PsychoLogical

As much as I hate the idea they're probably going to bring back his Greninja as compensation for going 2 Gens in a row without getting the Water Starter.

Ash will then have 2 Shillmons on his team simultaneously and the writers can milk the tf out of that
Who's to say they'll have only 2 shillmons on the rotating roster, they can do even more milking if they keep having Ash own more shillmons or I guess so called shillmons or even future shillmons like Tyranitar, Blaziken, Corviknight, and Dragapult :>
Gotta milk it all out like uh.... (eh I'm not gonna bother giving examples since I might accidentally go too far on doing so)

Last edited:

Samurott

Suicune maybe? Let Ash be the first to catch an official legendary to show Goh how it's done. His only real water type powerhouse is Greninja, maybe Squirtle/Kingler I guess, but that's it.

kickachu

Momentai!
Guys remember what happened in yesterday's episode where got failed to catch zapdos. It was on the poster and some assume that got would get it. It shows that I was right about posters sometimes being wrong. If zapdos not being caught proves posters are not always accurate then I might be right about Chloe befriending eevee instead of catching it

Mythical-Moonlight

Guys remember what happened in yesterday's episode where got failed to catch zapdos. It was on the poster and some assume that got would get it. It shows that I was right about posters sometimes being wrong. If zapdos not being caught proves posters are not always accurate then I might be right about Chloe befriending eevee instead of catching it
Chloe is literally petting Eevee in that Poster.

Nobody is petting Zapdos

Arlon Akai

The only reason Zapdos was there was because it had an upcoming episode

Master Pikachu 11

I don't think Ash will ever get another Electric type, because Pikachu is gonna steal its thunder or its the other way around, with the Electric type stealing Pikachu's thunder. You already see how it goes with having both Riolu and Galarfetch'd. Galarfetch'd gets no attention at all.
I can easily see Ash and Goh owning a Toxel and evolving it into each of their form of Toxtricity respectfully.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think Ash will ever get another Electric type, because Pikachu is gonna steal its thunder or its the other way around, with the Electric type stealing Pikachu's thunder. You already see how it goes with having both Riolu and Galarfetch'd. Galarfetch'd gets no attention at all.

Isn't that more so because of the genius idea to give him Farfetch'd right after Riolu instead of something else that they have planned for him? It's not like Farfetch'd was needed for Bea since they just tossed him aside for more Pikachu

Another Electric type could get on just fine, Naganadel having an Electric attack felt like an experiment similar to the Pokeride Garchomp. I'm still hoping for Zeraora and Toxtricity

Uh what?
Zapdos was on the poster, that was it. The only hint at it possibly getting caught was during the opening and thankfully that didn't come to pass(The one time I'm happy for opening clickbait, unlike the Sinnoh League Lucario/Entei, Charizard/Reshiram hype, Ash's Grubbin...)

The poster showcased Pokemon that are either having episodes roles like Zapdos and possibly joining the cast in some cases like Chloe's Eevee, Morpeko possibly joining Team Rocket officially....
Mew was on the poster, that was a dead giveaway not everything there gets caught

Chloe is getting Eevee, they already confirmed it. It was never like SM Eevee/Sobble anyways, it was pictured with Chloe on the poster as if it's her mascot like Pikachu/Lucario are for Ash and Cinderace is Goh. Not like when Eevee was front and center on the SM poster alongside Ash, giving the implication that it is Ash's and then Sobble's picture was placed alongside Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu...(I'm never getting over this but giving Ash an Swampert/Empoleon would be a good start)

What's the big deal with Ash getting Eevee anyways? It'd likely wind up Umbreon/Espeon and there's still Tyranitar as a suitable Johto capture. I'd rather he get Eevee in a region where they wake up and realize that the Eeveelutions are why everyone loves the species and make a new one

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I doubt G-Max Eevee has any sort of biological inability to evolve; it's most likely a gameplay constraint to keep kids from accidentally losing their G-Max Eevee by evolving it.

That said, I can't imagine they would evolve an Eevee being used to showcase its G-Max anyway.

That is most likely the true reasoning considering before Isle of Armor and the Max Soup, G-Max Meowth was an event and you needed LGPE for Pikachu/Eevee, and you only got one of each.

G-Max Meowth was clearly constructed for TR's Meowth but nothing says that the rule applies for Meowth/Pikachu/Eevee in the anime, after all as of right now it appears that any Pokemon capable of going G-Max can automatically do so. Drednaw did, Pikachu did, random Snorlax, Meowth...
The soup is probably just gonna get axed like the bottlecaps were

I hope Chloe's Eevee evolves as there are so many Eeveelutions that could benefit from her owning one, they're not going to get any big play under Goh, specially now that they've gone and given him a team

Status
Not open for further replies.