• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Nah I'm not looking forward to an already overexposed Pokémon getting even MORE exposure regardless of whatever personality it has. But I guess it could be worse. We could have Charizard on the main cast *shudders*

It will pretty akward to see Lucario and Cinderace running around outside of their Pokeballs 24/7 at the very least.

Even the calendar (tho Adorable) is also a bit akward as well. (Especially since there's no other main cast Pokémon besides those two and Pikachu there)
The only reason Lucario’s overexposed is because of how they always seem to give it some major role in something. And yes even Kukui’s last min Lucario is technically major even tho the major role it had was just being the biggest jobber of SM.

And say what you want but I’m actually still just going to bet that Lucario will be taking a backseat a while in place of some other unevolved mon or two/few since the writers will just have nothing to work with again due to having a fully evolved team again. (and Yes I expect the smug duck to debut soon after Lucario)

Master Pikachu 11

The only reason Lucario’s overexposed is because of how they always seem to give it some major role in something. And yes even Kukui’s last min Lucario is technically major even tho the major role it had was just being the biggest jobber of SM.

And say what you want but I’m actually still just going to bet that Lucario will be taking a backseat a while in place of some other unevolved mon or two/few since the writers will just have nothing to work with again due to having a fully evolved team again. (and Yes I expect the smug duck to debut soon after Lucario)
This is why I believe and have confidence that Grookey would be that Pokémon, it’s a new Gen Pokémon and it’s unevolved. I also wouldn’t mind if he catches Rookiedee as I would like for him to earn Corviknight and I would like to see it battle

Illusio

No words, only rage
Eh I’ll prob tolerate Lucario being out more if it’s going to be one that isn’t the bland serious Lucario we always get.

I'm hoping Ash's end up being more like Korrina's. Loves to battle, but can be a goofball when it wants to be.

They should totally have evolved that thing and keep it in the ball. Axew was irritating. Dei

Iris should've got that Deino from the daycare.

PsychoLogical

They should totally have evolved that thing and keep it in the ball. Axew was irritating. Deino would be a much more decent unevolved mon.
To this day I still don’t get why they gave Iris a Dragonite of all things and not the Deino line since it would’ve been way more logical.

nickdt

It would be cool if Ash catched that Marshtomp, a 2nd Hoenn starter for him but Go has more chances of catching it.

and it's been 43 episodes and Grookey still has not appeared, wow.

I don't think anyone will catch that Marshtomp, it just feels like a generic helping a Pokemon of the day episode like the Passimian one and if anyone was gonna catch Marshtomp, it would be marketed heavily, due to it being a starter as well (And no, it being on a poster doesn't count, since Zapdos is on the same poster and didn't get caught).

ShadowForce720

It would be cool if Ash catched that Marshtomp, a 2nd Hoenn starter for him but Go has more chances of catching it.

and it's been 43 episodes and Grookey still has not appeared, wow.

I’m not really seeing how Goh has more of a chance catching Marshtomp then Ash. Sure there is a chance that Goh could catch it, but in all honesty if anyone is catching Marshtomp in this episode I think there is more of a chance that it will be Ash instead of Goh.

Of course there is also the possibility that no one gets the Marshtomp in this episode but we will have to see.

Master Pikachu 11

I’m not really seeing how Goh has more of a chance catching Marshtomp then Ash. Sure there is a chance that Goh could catch it, but in all honesty if anyone is catching Marshtomp in this episode I think there is more of a chance that it will be Ash instead of Goh.

Of course there is also the possibility that no one gets the Marshtomp in this episode but we will have to see.
Agreed as I said before if Goh was going to get a member of the Mudkip line then they would give him a Mudkip instead of Marshtomp, by giving it to Ash they would only need to evolve it once and we won’t have to see another repeat of when Brock’s Mudkip evolved into Marshtomp. This could also be another Bulbasaur line episode where none of the Pokémon get captured and ends up being a filler. If Goh catches anything then I think Ludicolo has a chance so we shall see.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Nothing happened, they are talking about Grookey when it debuts that it will remain unevolved.
That's only if Goh gets it. Which may happen since they're making parallels between Ash and Gou.

Ash had a Fully Evolved Fire Starter, and Base Stage Water and Grass Starters at the start of his Journey.

I fear they that might make the same thing happen to Goh.

I really REALLY hope not.

This was annoying af in Gen 1.

It was annoying af in Gen 5

And it would be annoying af here too.

I'm so freaking sick of only Fire Starters ALWAYS getting to evolve and in EVERY. SINGLE. GEN. while Water and Grass Type Starters don't get the same luxury to evolve even ONCE every Gen.

It took us til GEN 6 to get Water Starter to evolve.

Grass Starters took a fat L after Torterra.

But every single Fire Starter we've had got to evolve at least once.

This Fire Type Bias the anime has is just hideous.

LucarioFTWs

That's only if Goh gets it. Which may happen since they're making parallels between Ash and Gou.

Ash had a Fully Evolved Fire Starter, and Base Stage Water and Grass Starters at the start of his Journey.

I'm so freaking sick of only Fire Starters ALWAYS getting to evolve and in EVERY. SINGLE. GEN. while Water and Grass Type Starters don't get the same luxury to evolve even ONCE every Gen.

How dare you disrespect the god rowlet

PsychoLogical

If Fire starters didn’t tend to end up being more marketable or marketed than the others than this wouldn’t be much of a problem. Most obvious examples are Charizard, Blaziken, and Incineroar. And it really doesn’t help that the Fire type is supposedly considered as one of the “cool” types like with Fighting and now Dragon types. Why do you think Ash has gotten a Fire type in every series (yes I still expect JN to do the same in the future with something) and alot of Fighting and now Dragon types as time passed.

Mythical-Moonlight

How dare you disrespect the god rowlet
I adore Rowlet no disrespect.

When I said they took a fat L I meant Evolutionary wise.

If Fire starters didn’t tend to end up being more marketable or marketed than the others than this wouldn’t be much of a problem. Most obvious examples are Charizard, Blaziken, and Incineroar. And it really doesn’t help that the Fire type is supposedly considered as one of the “cool” types like with Fighting and now Dragon types. Why do you think Ash has gotten a Fire type in every series (yes I still expect JN to do the same in the future with something) and alot of Fighting and now Dragon types as time passed.
I get that but in some cases it doesn't make much sense.

Like Gen 5 for instance.

Who the heck wanted to see Tepig evolving over Snivy or even Oshawott?

Why they thought the Tepig line would be more marketable over the other two is beyond me.

It's a wonder they didn't give Ash Blaziken or Cinderace.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What I want: Grookey with Goh and Ash getting that Marshtomp
What might happen: Grookey not going to Goh and Marshtomp not being caught.

Because KANTOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

fjcqagr8iva51.jpg

PsychoLogical

I adore Rowlet no disrespect.

When I said they took a fat L I meant Evolutionary wise.

I get that but in some cases it doesn't make much sense.

Like Gen 5 for instance.

Who the heck wanted to see Tepig evolving over Snivy or even Oshawott?

Why they thought the Tepig line would be more marketable over the other two is beyond me.
I assume it’s cause they thought they could make Emboar another Infernape or Charizard. Even had the same type of backstory but probably decided to abandon Pignite becoming an Emboar after seeing how very unpopular Emboar was due to its design. And there’s technically also an extra factor on why Tepig evolved which is how I guess you can say Fire types tend give off very strong shounen vibes. Same goes for Fighting and Dragon types as I said.

Mythical-Moonlight

I assume it’s cause they thought they could make Emboar another Infernape or Charizard. Even had the same type of backstory but probably decided to abandon Pignite becoming an Emboar after seeing how very unpopular Emboar was due to its design. And there’s technically also an extra factor on why Tepig evolved which is how I guess you can say Fire types tend give off very strong shounen vibes. Same goes for Fighting and Dragon types as I said.

Minus the Fenniken Line lmao

In fact a part of me can't help but wonder if Emboar's massive unpopularity is what led to Gamefreak deciding to skip over the Fire Starter and focus on the Water Starter in the very next Gen?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
On the topic of Ash getting access to Mega Evolution, I don't see it happening. Though the idea of Ash using Megas, Z Moves, & GMax at the same time is cool as long as it's not just the same Pokémon using them.

I tend to agree. I feel like the best time for him to have used Mega Evolution would've been in the XY saga, but that didn't happen because of Satoshi-Gekkouga. Him using Megas now would be interesting, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.