• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Minus the Fenniken Line lmao

In fact a part of me can't help but wonder if Emboar's massive unpopularity is what led to Gamefreak deciding to skip over the Fire Starter and focus on the Water Starter in the very next Gen?
Nah apparently they actually gambled on Greninja on being the popular one that time around and it worked out. A little too well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
Im leaning towards Ash getting Grookie cuz weve seen it in the first ending alongside Ash's Rockruff or w/e its name is

But as it's been explained many times, that was just a play on words. The whole point of that Pokemon Shiritori theme was that it was a word game after all. And I realize that Lugarugan did return in this series, but it was such a minor comeback that it's hard to believe that Pokemon Shiritori was purposely foreshadowing it and Sarunori's capture all at once.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Minus the Fenniken Line lmao

In fact a part of me can't help but wonder if Emboar's massive unpopularity is what led to Gamefreak deciding to skip over the Fire Starter and focus on the Water Starter in the very next Gen?
I find Delphox very nice despite its terrible ear infection, thank you.

I don’t know, what other fire pokemon Ash could have? I have a strange affinity with heatmor, despite not be popular. Camerupt, houndoom and centiscorch looks fine options too. Blaziken looks a thing I can’t even see Ash use.

Henry's Journey

I’m not really seeing how Goh has more of a chance catching Marshtomp then Ash. Sure there is a chance that Goh could catch it, but in all honesty if anyone is catching Marshtomp in this episode I think there is more of a chance that it will be Ash instead of Goh.

Of course there is also the possibility that no one gets the Marshtomp in this episode but we will have to see.

I forgot the possibility of none catching it yeah but I still think Go has more chance cuz of his goal to catch mons and all that, it would be a sweet surprise if Ash catches it but don't getting my hopes up. There's still Grookey for Ash next.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I forgot the possibility of none catching it yeah but I still think Go has more chance cuz of his goal to catch mons and all that, it would be a sweet surprise if Ash catches it but don't getting my hopes up. There's still Grookey for Ash next.
I don't think that Ash should have an unevolved starter in this saga.

ShadowForce720

My post was getting kind of long so I put it behind spoiler tags.
Honesty I don’t think that just because of Goh’s goal is to catch all the Pokémon that it means that he has more of a chance of getting Marshtomp then Ash.

Sure Grookey is still out there but it could easily go to Goh. I mean really looking at it Marshtomp lines up more in the lines of a Ash capture then a Goh capture.

I’m not saying that Goh can’t get a past gen starter, however considering what Goh’s goal is if he is not going to get multiple of the same starter lines then it doesn’t really make that much sense to have him capture a starter that’s already in it’s middle or final stage.

If anything Marshtomp lines up more being a Ash capture because it is an evolved Pokémon but still has room to grow.

Before you bring up some of Goh’s evolved mons there is a difference between the starters and non starters for instance look at Flygon in it’s capture episode Goh caught the entire line, while that would be less likely to happen to a starter.

I mean you would generally think that if they were going to give Goh a member of the Mudkip line that they would want him to catch it as a Mudkip first.

Whereas with Ash they don’t have to really worry about Mudkip being catalogue in his Dex because his goal isn’t to catch all the Pokémon or complete the dex so for example he doesn’t have to worry about going and getting a Munchlax.

I’m not saying that there isn’t a chance that Goh could catch Marshtomp, however if you break it down Ash has more of a chance of catching Marshtomp then Goh does if Marshtomp does wind up being caught.

I mean heck if anything out of all the potential outcomes Goh getting Marshtomp makes the least amount of sense.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

I don’t know, what other fire pokemon Ash could have? I have a strange affinity with heatmor, despite not be popular. Camerupt, houndoom and centiscorch looks fine options too. Blaziken looks a thing I can’t even see Ash use.

Delphox is cool. Its design certainly makes distinct from other fire starters.

also better than Typhlosion

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Nah apparently they actually gambled on Greninja on being the popular one that time around and it worked out. A little too well.
I also heard they went with Greninja because Sakurai walked in one day asking for a Pokémon to put in Smash and Greninja was the only design that was 100% finished. Tho I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Lol What exactly is it that Braixen does right with the ear hair that Delphox fails at?

I still don't know why they avoided Cinderace for Ash despite that fitting him extremely well.
But I think Blaziken could work, (unless May returns). The only thing is that it would be yet another Fighting Type on Ash's Team and I think people are getting tired of those.

Centiskorch would also be a really great Fire Type for him too!
Speaking of which, was Gen 5 the last time Ash had a Bug Type Pokémon?

Chandelure or Volcorona would be good options too

PsychoLogical

Eh I still see Ash with a Blaziken since it does technically fit him well, issue is that it’s another Fighting type but eh when has that ever stopped them. There’s also Chandelure and Volcarona if they ever want to showcase both especially the latter again. And I guess Centiskorch.
I also heard they went with Greninja because Sakurai walked in one day asking for a Pokémon to put in Smash and Greninja was the only design that was 100% finished. Tho I'm not sure if that's true or not.
Lol What exactly is it that Braixen does right with the ear hair that Delphox fails at?

I still don't know why they avoided Cinderace for Ash despite that fitting him extremely well.
But I think Blaziken could work, (unless May returns). The only thing is that it would be yet another Fighting Type on Ash's Team and I think people are getting tired of those.

Centiskorch would also be a really great Fire Type for him too!
Speaking of which, was Gen 5 the last time Ash had a Bug Type Pokémon?

Chandelure or Volcorona would be good options too
Ye Gen 5 was the last.

Red and Blue

If Lucario isn't getting a Gigantamax form in the future I think Ash could mega evolve his as well. Korrina could even be the one to give him the keystone and ring like in the XY games

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
If Lucario isn't getting a Gigantamax form in the future I think Ash could mega evolve his as well. Korrina could even be the one to give him the keystone and ring like in the XY games
Well, Korrina is the most accessible way, unless Kukui have a mega/key stone he conveniently forgot to use.
Eh I still see Ash with a Blaziken since it does technically fit him well, issue is that it’s another Fighting type but eh when has that ever stopped them. There’s also Chandelure and Volcarona if they ever want to showcase both especially the latter again. And I guess Centiskorch
Damn, I totally forgot volcarona! Now this is a thing I’d like too see Ash use. Maybe that hidden one at the relic castle (that bug was a pain to catch when I got there).

also better than Typhlosion
No fair. Extrassensory typhlosion is quite a help. Also, Ash is technically one evolution away of having one, if they even bother to give quilava a chance (or to any other mon at Oak’s who can evolve).

PsychoLogical

Damn, I totally forgot volcarona! Now this is a thing I’d like too see Ash use. Maybe that hidden one at the relic castle (that bug was a pain to catch when I got there).
Well Pokemon Journeys seems like the perfect opportunity since Volcarona has literally been shown once in the main series and it was a botched appearance. Nothing but a prop of a pokemon hunter plot.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Could be a combination of being a "way too obvious pick so let's do something different and unexpected" and the fact they wanted Goh to have the popular starter to help his character stand out more. He having an "Ash-ish" pokémon could help sell his position as Ash's co-protagonist/equal as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Henry's Journey said:

After the Thunder situation, I'm more open to the possibility of nobody capturing Numacraw. Before Numacraw being on the new poster seemed to indicate that it would be captured by someone, but now I can't take that poster seriously as capture foreshadowing.

PsychoLogical

After the Thunder situation, I'm more open to the possibility of nobody capturing Numacraw. Before Numacraw being on the new poster seemed to indicate that it would be captured by someone, but now I can't take that poster seriously as capture foreshadowing.
How tf did people actually think Zapdos was going to be a capture when it was never going to be one since the beginning.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PsychoLogical said:
How tf did people actually think Zapdos was going to be a capture when it was never going to be one since the beginning.

Are you asking me specifically, or rhetorically in general? Because while I wasn't 100% on board with the idea of Thunder being caught, the possibility was always there.

PsychoLogical

Are you asking me specifically, or rhetorically in general? Because while I wasn't 100% on board with the idea of Thunder being caught, the possibility was always there.
Let’s just say that I’m referring to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.