• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I have a genuine question guys.

It's about Mew.

Do you guys think Gou will actually have a chance to catch Mew?

Unlike Zapdos who is a Legendary, Mew is only considered to be a Mythical.

And as seen in Sun Moon the writers are not adverse to giving main characters Mythical Pokémon.

Ash got Melmetal. Lillie got Magearna.

What's stopping Gou from having a fair shot at Mew?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

It's about Mew.

And as seen in Sun Moon the writers are not adverse to giving main characters Mythical Pokémon.

Nothing. Unless they’re willing to drag out Go for another Gen (which for the record, I actually don’t think he’s staying beyond this series) then it’s likely safe to assume Mew is a fair shot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PsychoLogical said:
Let’s just say that I’m referring to both.

What exactly is the problem? I seem to recall that you dislike it when RileyXY1 and others make bold claims such as "X Pokemon won't be caught", yet now you're doing pretty much the same thing when it comes to Thunder. The only difference is that you're talking in hindsight since the Thunder episode already aired, but it's easy to claim that a Pokemon wasn't going to be caught in the past tense.

Red and Blue

It's about Mew.

I think he has a shot at it. Guess it also depends on what happens to Go at the end of PM2019. If he leaves before Gen 9 starts he could catch Mew before he and Ash part ways

Of course if he sticks around he can still catch Mew and switch his goal towards something else

PsychoLogical

What exactly is the problem? I seem to recall that you dislike it when RileyXY1 and others make bold claims such as "X Pokemon won't be caught", yet now you're doing pretty much the same thing when it comes to Thunder. The only difference is that you're talking in hindsight since the Thunder episode already aired, but it's easy to claim that a Pokemon wasn't going to be caught in the past tense.
No, I already long said that Zapdos wasn’t going to get caught before the episode even aired. The statement I said regarding Zapdos was that it was solely only for a future appearance and also in terms of it appearing in the opening was that it was nothing but for visuals like for Grubbin in the first SM opening.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

You forgot Mallow with Shaymin. She might have not caught it but she still comand it to use moves in the battle royale so she arguebly counts more than Lillie.

Anyway, I can see Goh having a dedicated episode where he gets his chance with Mew but eventually gives it up or interrupting for the sake of his pokémon or his friends which would show his growth. He'd promised Mew he'd become even better and that next time he'll certainly get it to which Mew laughs in a "ok, it's a deal" way

Master Pikachu 11

That's only if Goh gets it. Which may happen since they're making parallels between Ash and Gou.

Ash had a Fully Evolved Fire Starter, and Base Stage Water and Grass Starters at the start of his Journey.

I fear they that might make the same thing happen to Goh.

I really REALLY hope not.

This was annoying af in Gen 1.

It was annoying af in Gen 5

And it would be annoying af here too.

I'm so freaking sick of only Fire Starters ALWAYS getting to evolve and in EVERY. SINGLE. GEN. while Water and Grass Type Starters don't get the same luxury to evolve even ONCE every Gen.

It took us til GEN 6 to get Water Starter to evolve.

Grass Starters took a fat L after Torterra.

But every single Fire Starter we've had got to evolve at least once.

This Fire Type Bias the anime has is just hideous.
I agree this is another reason that I want Ash to get Grookey so that it can evolve and maybe it can follow a pattern that one person on Twitter mentioned. That is Gen 6 had Ash’s water starter fully evolve then Gen 7 had the fire starter fully evolve, now in Gen 8 it’s time for the grass starter to evolve. I agree with you about the fire type bias and have been sick of not seeing the water starters with the exception of Greninja on Ash’s team not evolving. I really disappointing that out of all the starters that Ash has had the water types get the short end of stick. This is why I want Marshtomp to get captured so he finally get a second water starter that is fully evolved, but oh well.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

It's about Mew.

I think Mew could be caught but when Go decides to leave the series( maybe in the end of PJ), or he will catch Mew when Ash becomes Master( like all Ash's friends dreams become reality( example Brock is still not doctor but training to become one).

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I tend to agree. I feel like the best time for him to have used Mega Evolution would've been in the XY saga, but that didn't happen because of Satoshi-Gekkouga. Him using Megas now would be interesting, but I don't think it's going to happen.

The same could be said of him using the gen 1 pokemon he currently has, and Riolu/Lucario during their respective gens instead of now, but this generation isn't playing by standard rules, and I like that.

sure it's not 100% he'll get a key and mega stone, but you can't write it off as impossible either.

I agree this is another reason that I want Ash to get Grookey so that it can evolve and maybe it can follow a pattern that one person on Twitter mentioned. That is Gen 6 had Ash’s water starter fully evolve then Gen 7 had the fire starter fully evolve, now in Gen 8 it’s time for the grass starter to evolve.

At the same time Ash has never gone with just a fire starter by itself, but has gone with Grass (Treecko) and Water (Froakie) unimpeded by other other starters to "effect" thier growth, but he didn't exactly get Scorbunny this time now did he?

Honestly i'd rather Rowlet come back and evolve than Ash get Grookey at this point, since see Ash not get a new gen starter would also be quite refreshing since those three always seem like a "dead lock" for him.

I agree with you about the fire type bias and have been sick of not seeing the water starters with the exception of Greninja on Ash’s team not evolving.

Evolution isn't always everything, despite the fact that i still regard Torracat's evo as being "Metal as ****!" I would honestly say Rowlet came out of Alola with a more helpful resume since it helped Ash in multiple trials where as Litten only had one to it's name.

With SM having passed it's prime i don't see why they can't evolve the little bugger now, and it's not like coming up with a plot to do it would be all that hard, all you'd have to do is have it failed an UR mission because it can't keep up with the others due to the limitations of it's current body, thus it decides to let go of the everstone and evolve to get stronger.

IF an I really disappointing that out of all the starters that Ash has had the water types get the short end of stick. This is why I want Marshtomp to get captured so he finally get a second water starter that is fully evolved, but oh well.

Greninja should've been epic, but they highjacked it with the AG concept...heck it was the only water type other than Kingler to evolve under Ash's command as well which was even more sad.

I dunno about Totodile, Oshawott, and Palpitoad, but Corphish obviously didn't go due to it's evolution being constantly shown in a negative light, both by team aqua and even other trainers following hoenn, Buizel smoked it's evolution so badly it only needed one puff, and Squirtle's got the squad to lead.

I honestly think that if it and Bulbasaur ever do evolve at this point, they would have to be forced to against their will since I honestly can't see either going through with it voluntarily.

Speaking of water pokemon, i wonder if Suicune is the mystery mon linked to Koharu's past, after all Gou said something happened to Koharu to make her "distant" to pokemon, and I would assume a pokemon was responsible, thought it was maybe the lake pixies from sinnoh (especially given how emotionless she acts at times) but that would be overkill.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I tend to agree. I feel like the best time for him to have used Mega Evolution would've been in the XY saga, but that didn't happen because of Satoshi-Gekkouga. Him using Megas now would be interesting, but I don't think it's going to happen.
I agree. I don't think Riolu's interest in ML is a hint for things to come nor do I think the structure of the series gives it more credibility

Master Pikachu 11

It's about Mew.

Yes I see him catching Mew along with other possible mythicals such as Shaymin which is on the first poster. I think at the end of the series, he catches Mew and he then pursues a new goal of working to become a Professor himself and learning under Cerise.

ShadowForce720

The same could be said of him using the gen 1 pokemon he currently has, and Riolu/Lucario during their respective gens instead of now, but this generation isn't playing by standard rules, and I like that.

sure it's not 100% he'll get a key and mega stone, but you can't write it off as impossible either.

At the same time Ash has never gone with just a fire starter by itself, but has gone with Grass (Treecko) and Water (Froakie) unimpeded by other other starters to "effect" thier growth, but he didn't exactly get Scorbunny this time now did he?

Honestly i'd rather Rowlet come back and evolve than Ash get Grookey at this point, since see Ash not get a new gen starter would also be quite refreshing since those three always seem like a "dead lock" for him.

Evolution isn't always everything, despite the fact that i still regard Torracat's evo as being "Metal as ****!" I would honestly say Rowlet came out of Alola with a more helpful resume since it helped Ash in multiple trials where as Litten only had one to it's name.

With SM having passed it's prime i don't see why they can't evolve the little bugger now, and it's not like coming up with a plot to do it would be all that hard, all you'd have to do is have it failed an UR mission because it can't keep up with the others due to the limitations of it's current body, thus it decides to let go of the everstone and evolve to get stronger.

Greninja should've been epic, but they highjacked it with the AG concept...heck it was the only water type other than Kingler to evolve under Ash's command as well which was even more sad.

I dunno about Totodile, Oshawott, and Palpitoad, but Corphish obviously didn't go due to it's evolution being constantly shown in a negative light, both by team aqua and even other trainers following hoenn, Buizel smoked it's evolution so badly it only needed one puff, and Squirtle's got the squad to lead.

I honestly think that if it and Bulbasaur ever do evolve at this point, they would have to be forced to against their will since I honestly can't see either going through with it voluntarily.

Speaking of water pokemon, i wonder if Suicune is the mystery mon linked to Koharu's past, after all Gou said something happened to Koharu to make her "distant" to pokemon, and I would assume a pokemon was responsible, thought it was maybe the lake pixies from sinnoh (especially given how emotionless she acts at times) but that would be overkill.

I don’t know where this idea that if Squirtle were to evolve that it would have to be a forced evolution is coming from. Let’s get one thing straight here Ash’s Squirtle never express it’s opinion on whether it wants to evolve or not.

So no, it’s not a case where the only way for Squirtle to evolve would be through a force evolution. As for being part of the Squirtle Squad in all honesty I highly doubt it’s squad members would reject it just because it evolved.

If anything they would likely still accept as their leader or even evolve themselves. As for Bulbasaur I think the issue it had was more of the idea that it was being forced to evolve on someone else’s schedule.

It’s not so much it’s completely against the idea, as it wants to be able to decide for itself when it will evolve and whether it will eventually evolve, so they could easily have to where Ash’s Bulbasaur decides that it’s ready to evolve.

I agree. I don't think Riolu's interest in ML is a hint for things to come nor do I think the structure of the series gives it more credibility

No matter how you look at it they didn’t have to bring back Korrina and her Mega Lucario and have them specifically inspire Ash’s Riolu.

The fact that they went out of their way to have Ash’s Riolu get inspired by Korrina’s Mega Lucario would suggest that Ash’s Lucario probably will Mega Evolve.

In all honesty there doesn’t seem to be a actual good argument against Ash’s Lucario Mega Evolving. Sure everyone has their opinion but at the same time in all honesty Ash’s Lucario Mega Evolving is more likely then some people like to believe.

This series isn’t just solely focus on gen 8 so that can’t be used as a excuse or reason to say that Ash couldn’t Mega Evolve his Lucario. Also trying to sit there and downplay things and that you don’t think that it will happen doesn’t mean that it isn’t likely to happen.

If anything I think structure of the current series works against yourself argument that it won’t happen as there isn’t really anything that suggest it couldn’t happen.

Sure it’s not guaranteed but Ash’s Riolu being inspired by Korrina’s Mega Lucario specifically is likely not a coincidence no matter how much you try to downplay it.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

As much as I would love for Rowlet to evolve, it’s just not going to happen as there are too many people that like Rowlet more.

Yes Ash hasn’t had a fire starter by itself yet, but he also didn’t have a water and grass starter only or a water and fire starter only and instead they gave him in Alola another grass and fire starter just like in Sinnoh, which I didn’t have a problem with. So if Alola can do a repeat of Ash’s team in Sinnoh by giving him both the fire and grass starter, then Journeys can repeat Hoenn by giving Ash only the grass starter again.

Squirtle never said that it didn’t want to evolve and they easily could have evolved it, but the only reason they didn’t evolve it was because Gary was still present and Blastoise was his ace, so that is the only reason Ash’s Squirtle never evolved. They could easily bring Squirtle back and fully evolve it now if they choose. This series would be the perfect opportunity for them to do it.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I don’t know where this idea that if Squirtle were to evolve that it would have to be a forced evolution is coming from. Let’s get one thing straight here Ash’s Squirtle never express it’s opinion on whether it wants to evolve or not.

So no, it’s not a case where the only way for Squirtle to evolve would be through a force evolution. As for being part of the Squirtle Squad in all honesty I highly doubt it’s squad members would reject it just because it evolved.

If anything they would likely still accept as their leader or even evolve themselves.

I would love to see an episode based on this. Maybe Squirtle would want to evolve so he can help Ash once more but knows that he'll need the boost of evolution to really have a shot at helping Ash against later opponents in the PWC, but is worried about what the Squirtle Squad members would think if he evolves. My outcome would be that the Squirtle Squad members have no problem with it and encourage him to evolve, which he does after a training battle against some of the Squirtle Squad members. And whenever he's not with Ash, he's working as the leader of the Squirtle Squad, and would continue to do so even after evolving into Blastoise.

ShadowDragon16

Here’s a question,
Since Ash and Goh will be around the lab during the darkest night special do you think they could pull a Oshawott and have a grookey around the lab and follow Ash and Goh back to Kanto?

Red and Blue

Here’s a question,
Since Ash and Goh will be around the lab during the darkest night special do you think they could pull a Oshawott and have a grookey around the lab and follow Ash and Goh back to Kanto?
Don't see why not. It could hang around on the background of Vermilion City for a few episodes before it's caught

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Here’s a question,
That would be cool but I feel like we would've gotten a explicit confirmation on Grookey's appearance if it was showing up in the DD Arc.

Like remember when we got a Preview that revealed Sobble was coming in advance?

Or even at the beginning where Scorbunny was hyped up before the show even began

You'd think the last remaining STARTER of the current Gen would be a big enough deal for them to make a Preview showing Grookey in it.

Instead we've had previews alright. But we've only been given Cinderace and Lucario, Eternatus and Zacian and Zamazenta (and a little of Mewtwo and Dragapult)

If we going to see Grookey during the DD Arc then it is unfathomably lame how there's no hype for it's debut

PsychoLogical

That would be cool but I feel like we would've gotten a explicit confirmation on Grookey's appearance if it was showing up in the DD Arc.

Like remember when we got a Preview that revealed Sobble was coming in advance?

Or even at the beginning where Scorbunny was hyped up before the show even began

You'd think the last remaining STARTER of the current Gen would be a big enough deal for them to make a Preview showing Grookey in it.

Instead we've had previews alright. But we've only been given Cinderace and Lucario, Eternatus and Zacian and Zamazenta (and a little of Mewtwo and Dragapult)

If we going to see Grookey during the DD Arc then it is unfathomably lame how there's no hype for it's debut
Eh Grookey is prob unfortunately going to debut post-DD arc. I actually find it extremely laughable that fking Galarian Yamask of all things is literally debuting before Grookey. We'll have Cinderace debuting in the main series, the Dog duo debuting ofc, Dragapult debuting presumably under Leon, and then some randomass Galarian Yamask of all things at Stow-on-Side. All during the DD arc. But no Grookey. Like cmon.

Sword master zacian

Eh Grookey is prob unfortunately going to debut post-DD arc. I actually find it extremely laughable that fking Galarian Yamask of all things is literally debuting before Grookey. We'll have Cinderace debuting in the main series, the Dog duo debuting ofc, Dragapult debuting presumably under Leon, and then some randomass Galarian Yamask of all things at Stow-on-Side. All during the DD arc. But no Grookey. Like cmon.
more pokemon like g-yamask are gonna debut in dd arc/before grookey

Status
Not open for further replies.