• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Well I guess you’ll just stay annoyed. As for the comparison with Go, other people who I see have issue with Lucario have occasional criticisms of Go. Only time I see them respond to Go complaining is when they start saying things like he’s a psychopath and that people who like him are shills (amongst other things).

No one’s obligated to give either character a chance; as long as they’re not attacking others for liking it, I don’t care what they like. I won’t ever like Lucario in the anime given their track record and will continue to make jokes about it but I won’t ever tell someone they can’t be happy about it. If that ruins your excitement, I apologize but that’s just how things are. People did the same with Incineroar last season and I just ignored them because I didn’t care at the end of the day since it didn’t bother me.
You don’t need to apologize, I really don’t care if people hate it because not everybody is going to like a Pokémon, but I only know of one person on here that has called Goh a psychopath and it’s best to ignore that person, when they mention stuff like that, but the point of my original post was because one person said that they can still acknowledge that it makes money and still hate the Pokémon and that was not the point of the other person’s previous post. The point was people complaining about Lucario are wasting their time complaining because nothing is going to change and it does no good to keep saying oh I’m tired of Lucario stealing spotlight, why did Ash have to catch Lucario, I hate Lucario, etc. you can make jokes about it, but again when I complained about Goh catching Sobble, I made a big deal about it before it happened and after it happened I just moved on and accepted it because there is no point of me complaining about it because it is not going to change anything and I know people on here don’t want to hear it, so I got it out of my system and I am still hoping that other Pokémon like Corviknight, Tyranitar end up on his team.
After lucario, the only thing left to develop/evolve is farfetch'd. Unless he starts to bring his old mons from Oak, specially the ones who still can evolve, I'd say is pretty a given he'll have some more pokemon to work, specially considering we're probably not in the middle of the current show yet.

Now, if you're talking about catch something still this year, I think Ash is having nothing new until 2021.
I think with two months away, that the writers can still give Ash something before the year is over. The way this series is set up, they seem to like Ash catching something that most people wouldn’t expect and would catch everyone off guard like Dragonite. So I could see Ash still catching something that most would think ends up with Goh and it doesn’t. So I will keep an open mind and expect the unexpected.

Red and Blue

It's kind of funny. The internet flipped when Ash caught Dragonite.

But when he caught a Riolu...not even my twitter timeline bothered to make it a big deal.
Dragonite was a bigger deal due to it being the signal of Ash catching Pokemon outside of the newer generation. After that everyone more or less expected Riolu.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I think with two months away, that the writers can still give Ash something before the year is over. The way this series is set up, they seem to like Ash catching something that most people wouldn’t expect and would catch everyone off guard like Dragonite. So I could see Ash still catching something that most would think ends up with Goh and it doesn’t. So I will keep an open mind and expect the unexpected.
Dunno. If dracovish is indeed an Ash capture, maybe. If not, the only important capture this year looks like Chloe’s eevee.

But when he caught a Riolu...not even my twitter timeline bothered to make it a big deal.
Riolu was in almost everyone’s wishlist for Ash for years. It’s expected people don’t exactly make a fuss about that.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

That’s cause no one actually expected him to catch Dragonite. Would you ever believe that in the future that Ash would suddenly just catch an old gen mon in a new gen series if someone told you?

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Well it’s better then seeing none of his Pokémon like in XY, where we hardly got any old characters reuniting with Ash or see any of his Pokémon at all.

Ah the old 'better than nothing' excuse. Ok well I still think SuMo coulda done more with the reserves. Seeing Delia and Oak and Misty and Brock was cool too but I wanted more non-Kanto characters to appear...

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Flip escalation

Theorical weedle: meh
Riolu: eh
Dragonite: Holy crap!

I’d flip if the first thing he gets was that pesky grubbin from SM’s premiere. Or jigglypuff. Or luxray. Or a raichu (Kanto or Alola). Or mew, for the sake of trolling Go.

nickdt

Are we going to give reserve status to some Pokemon that Satoshi has in this series just because he might not always take said Pokemon with him on adventures? Personally, I think the term "reserve Pokemon" should be saved for Pokemon that Satoshi leaves with one of the major regional professors for long periods of time and doesn't interact with often. Sakuragi-hakase isn't a major professor though, and Satoshi sees Kairyu and Gangar quite frequently, so I wouldn't count them as "reserves".

I mean, that he sees them, does not mean they are part of his main team, else we have to consider Mimey as a part of his main team as well, since he sees him every day.

Master Pikachu 11

If we so get a new opening what spoilers you might will happen
Probably more captures for Goh like this current opening
Ah the old 'better than nothing' excuse. Ok well I still think SuMo coulda done more with the reserves. Seeing Delia and Oak and Misty and Brock was cool too but I wanted more non-Kanto characters to appear...
Understandable but that is why this series they end up doing just that, if Chuck of all people can show up again I can easily see others showing up as well.

ShadowForce720

I mean, that he sees them, does not mean they are part of his main team, else we have to consider Mimey as a part of his main team as well, since he sees him every day.

He caught Dragonite and Gengar in this series so no they aren’t reserves. Basically any Pokémon that he catches this series is not a reserve and is a part of his team.

nickdt

He caught Dragonite and Gengar in this series so no they aren’t reserves. Basically any Pokémon that he catches this series is not a reserve and is a part of his team.

The thing is though: In Unova, every single member of his team was a reserve, except for Pignite and later on Krookodile, since he didn't use them much (Just like he doesn't use his reserves much). Gengar and too a lesser extent Dragonite are both treated as reserves rather than full fledged main teammembers, as such, i don't see Gengar and Dragonite as team members, but only as reserves.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
If we so get a new opening what spoilers you might will happen

Should we really expect a new Opening anytime soon, though? I thought we got one not too long ago that already featured quite a few spoilers. I don't know what to expect for the rest of the year after the Black Night subplot ends, although I hope that we'll at least see a few more of the old Gym Leaders, as well as Galar Gym Leaders like Rurina and Melon.

PsychoLogical

Ok how about I do this: Dragonite and Gengar are part of the team. But at the same time they’re technically reserves as well. The only member of the team that has a fixed spot besides Pikachu is Lucario. The others are bound to be rotated around.

PsychoLogical

Should we really expect a new Opening anytime soon, though? I thought we got one not too long ago that already featured quite a few spoilers. I don't know what to expect for the rest of the year after the Black Night subplot ends, although I hope that we'll at least see a few more of the old Gym Leaders, as well as Galar Gym Leaders like Rurina and Melon.
I think yes. Unless they’re only doing visual changes then I also expect the OP to change song as well. After the Darkest Day gets wrapped up, everything in the current OP has been accounted for.

ShadowForce720

The thing is though: In Unova, every single member of his team was a reserve, except for Pignite and later on Krookodile, since he didn't use them much (Just like he doesn't use his reserves much). Gengar and too a lesser extent Dragonite are both treated as reserves rather than full fledged main teammembers, as such, i don't see Gengar and Dragonite as team members, but only as reserves.

No, you don’t seem to understand how reserves work. All of the Pokémon that Ash caught in Unova were part of his Unova team and weren’t reserves.

Same with any Pokémon that he catches this series will be part of his current team and won’t be reserves. Ash’s reserves refers to Pokémon that he owns and caught in previous series.

So no, Dragonite and Gengar are not reserves, and it doesn’t matter how often he uses them as they were caught during the current series so they are a part of the current team.

Ash’s reserves right now are the Pokémon he caught from OS-SM, while his reserves during BW were Pokémon that he got from OS-DP.

If a Pokémon is caught during the current series then it’s not a reserve and is considered part of the current no matter how often it’s used.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
You don’t need to apologize, I really don’t care if people hate it because not everybody is going to like a Pokémon, but I only know of one person on here that has called Goh a psychopath and it’s best to ignore that person, when they mention stuff like that, but the point of my original post was because one person said that they can still acknowledge that it makes money and still hate the Pokémon and that was not the point of the other person’s previous post. The point was people complaining about Lucario are wasting their time complaining because nothing is going to change and it does no good to keep saying oh I’m tired of Lucario stealing spotlight, why did Ash have to catch Lucario, I hate Lucario, etc. you can make jokes about it, but again when I complained about Goh catching Sobble, I made a big deal about it before it happened and after it happened I just moved on and accepted it because there is no point of me complaining about it because it is not going to change anything and I know people on here don’t want to hear it, so I got it out of my system and I am still hoping that other Pokémon like Corviknight, Tyranitar end up on his team.
While nothing will change regardless of what they say, I don't think that they shouldn't express their criticism of it. As for acknowledging why Lucario is getting attention, that post was pretty much explaining why Lucario gets so much spotlight so that was the point of their post. Regardless if that was their point, you don't need to spell out what everyone already knows.

Nothing changes from telling people it's annoying because I highly doubt they care and will most likely keep doing it. Wasting time complaining about complaining does nothing either. These posts are in a minority any way so if bothers you, just ignore that post and keep scrolling. I see people about issue much more frequently like continuity and know nothing will change from telling it's annoying or that it won't change so if they want to complain about something they can't change, oh well. Clear we're not getting anywhere so I'd like to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.