• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy-Snowflake

Something caught my attention that I didn't notice before or must've completely glossed over

Right at the beginning of that video something caught my attention.

Chairman Rose raised Leon in the Anime? So Rose is Leon's father here?

Or is that just a mistranslation?

Assuming that's actually a legit translation then the seeing how those two interact during the DD Arc will be very interesting to say the least.

And if Rose is Leon's father, then where does Hop fit into all this? Or do you think the anime will just omit him?
Forget Rose, the young hero somewhat ties in with Sordward and Shielbert. Sonia will probably start writing a book on Zacian and Zamazenta from the fourth episode. Yet another subtle hint.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I agree 100% but the fossil pokemon I'd want it to be is Cradily, So same region and I'll tell you why. If there are two Pokemon from Hoenn that are interesting to me are Tropius and Cradily. They're both tree like creatures. Cradily can be Ash's response to the multiple Exeggutor that Goh owns but even if they don't have to be the exact correlation.
Someone who doesn’t mention Tyrantrum for Ash? But seriously though, it’s nice to see some love for Cradily. I like every fossil Pokémon but I feel like it gets the least amount of love despite having arguably the most interesting design. The chances are probably nonexistent but I’d be ok with him owning one.
I don't mind Ash getting the third Fighting-type in PM2019, since he got three Ground-types in DP and three Flying-types in XY.
While I would prefer if he had little to no overlap like in AG or SM, I’d be ok with Urshifu because I like it more than Sirfetch’d and Lucario. Plus Wicked Blow/Surging Strikes look cool and gives him another opportunity for a GMax Pokémon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'm just going to assume if they're finally giving Ash a fossil mon, most likely candidate may be Dracovish since if that old promotional poster's to go by, it's getting a focus ep in a bit even if the other mons that were on there aka Marshtomp and Zapdos weren't caught in the end.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm just going to assume if they're finally giving Ash a fossil mon, most likely candidate may be Dracovish since if that old promotional poster's to go by, it's getting a focus ep in a bit even if the other mons that were on there aka Marshtomp and Zapdos weren't caught in the end.
I can't see Ash catching Dracovish. I think that it will just be a POTD.

PsychoLogical

If there's one thing I want to happen during the DD arc it's this:
600px-865Sirfetch%27d.png

JUST GIVE ME MY SMUG DUCK ANIPOKE.
I hope Ash brings Gengar and Farfetch'd along with him to Galar (Possible since Dragonite is with him). Maybe they can battle some Pokemon in the next episode (Not very sure of this cause Riolu –> Lucario).
eh doubt it for Gengar tbh.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Found this on twitter. We could get sirfetchd soon maybe.

Snom was bound to be caught eventually

I do hope Sirfetch has an entire episode dedicated to it, I want the evolution to feel earned. Have Ash enter a tournament where you can only use one Pokemon or something. It's done literally nothing and I'd hate if they montage him winning like they did with Riolu losing

Kubfu can't happen soon enough, ridiculous that he and Grookey took as long as they have.

PsychoLogical

Snom was bound to be caught eventually

I do hope Sirfetch has an entire episode dedicated to it, I want the evolution to feel earned. Have Ash enter a tournament where you can only use one Pokemon or something. It's done literally nothing and I'd hate if they montage him winning like they did with Riolu losing

Kubfu can't happen soon enough, ridiculous that he and Grookey took as long as they have.
Meh I just want the smug duck regardless, would automatically redeem the duck even if it hasn't done much onscreen.

PsychoLogical

Just thinking what it's gonna say, "Negi"? "Negiga"? "Giga"? "Knight"? I'll miss "Kamon".

I expect it to say "Sir" most of the times in dub and it sounds fun already :p
they can still potentially keep the "Kamon" for the smug duck :>

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Just thinking what it's gonna say, "Negi"? "Negiga"? "Giga"? "Knight"? I'll miss "Kamon".

I expect it to say "Sir" most of the times in dub and it sounds fun already :p

It'll probably say "Negi" in the original, but you know for a fact it'll say it's whole name constantly in the dub. Look what they did with Staraptor and especially Talonflame, the poor things..

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Yeah but the guy who brought up the topic of grooming was talking about Ash and Pikachu. I don't get the obsession with furry Pokemon that he's got but Ash doesn't seem like the sort of dude who cares about grooming his Pokemon when he can barely take care of himself. :p

They are so fluffy is why. Have you ever pet a cat or dog? The feeling of catharsis one gets from doing so cannot be beat.

Now, on a different subject, there should have been like a one-year anniversary celebration of Ash winning the Alola League. All his friends from throughout his journey could have like thrown a party. It would be a good way to see like Lillie, Serena, Dawn, etc. again.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Now, on a different subject, there should have been like a one-year anniversary celebration of Ash winning the Alola League. All his friends from throughout his journey could have like thrown a party. It would be a good way to see like Lillie, Serena, Dawn, etc. again.

But... why? Most of his friends don't even know that he won the Alola league and why does it even matter anyways when Ash himself prolly doesn't care that much about it anymore? He's doing the Pokemon world championship thing now so his focus is elsewhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.