1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Paree

Paree Active Member

That is a possibility, although i feel instead of catching new pokemon from old regions, we can bring back some old pokemon of Ash which hasn't got much devepoment like Glalie. It would be great to see Totodile/Snivy/Quilava/Gible evolve. I personally like to see Greninja back even if it is a cameo.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

To be honest with cross-region evolutions and regional variants (and potential future ones) there is nothing left purely Kanto that I'd want or could seen Ash getting that he couldn't just get in another region. Especially with how he caught so many compared too the other regions. Except maybe Gengar, but that's because they yanked our chain on that one. So unlike the other regions I'd pass on Ash getting any more from Kanto.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 4:12 PM
  3. Paree

Paree Active Member

Also, none of Go's capture has been a stellar one except for maybe Scyther or Pinsir. All he has caught are bunch of bugs, Tentacool and Mantyke. (Excluding Scorbunny).
    Also, Ash catches pokemon after befriending them in most cases. So, it'll take a while. Lets also keep in mind that the story so far has gone nowhere. I am hoping for that Mantyke to evolve as Go is seen riding Mantine in the Alola section of the poster. That also means that Ash can reunite with his Alola mons. Since Tapu Koko is also seen in the poster, i think the Alola episode will be held in Mele Mele Island.

Leonhart likes this.
  4. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

Kawaii Emolga and Leonhart like this.
  5. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

At this point, I don’t care what captures he gets just as long as he gets something as I know that this series will get boring real quick if Ash is only using Pikachu. I know that he can still use Mimey if he needs to, but with Mimey, I also feel that it will for the most part stay at the lab. I just would like to see Ash use other pokemon because this is the longest he has gone without a capture

RileyXY1, Ubermuk and Paul1985 like this.
  6. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

Well, as long as Go catches my favs that weren't caught by Ash and previous traveling companions, I don't care.

wolf jani, Kawaii Emolga and Leonhart like this.
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I suggested this before as well. I'd certainly want Satoshi to get some new Pokemon and train them on-screen, but if that doesn't happen then I could settle on him going back and training his older Pokemon. I realize that they sort of train themselves off-screen at the lab, but I've always felt that Satoshi to be the one who works with them and makes them stronger.

8. esquilo09

You call them Regional Rodents, I prefer to call them Regional Mammals because the only exceptions are: Sentret, Furret, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Bunnelby, Diggersby, Yungoos and Gumshoos.

Note: Before you ask why Bunnelby line are on the list is because rabbits are not technically rodents they're lagomorphs.

9. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I think most people just call them regional rodents because a lot of those Pokemon look like rodents, even if they aren't supposed to be. The term regional mammals would make more sense though, and it would be less confusing since I've also seen people describe the Pikachu clones as "regional rodents" before.

Kawaii Emolga and esquilo09 like this.
  10. esquilo09

I do agree with you. The only fan terms that I agree and make sense to me are:

Regional Birds: Because they're all birds that can be found earlier in the games.

Pikachu Clone(A.K.A. Pika Clones): Because they all resemble Pikachu and are cute electric types based on rodents, except Plusle and Minun who are rabbits.

wolf jani, Kawaii Emolga and Leonhart like this.
  11. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

SerenaRulez and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  12. World Turtle

I hope they do one for Ash's Pokemon. ...Please exclude Raticate, Seaking, and Beedrill they really shouldn't count. Technically yes, but in spirit they shouldn't.

13. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

I would wager once Ash sees Leon and Lance battle he’s gonna realize he needs more than Pikachu if he’s gonna beat Leon. Like I know he’s beaten three legendaries and tied with another. But Charizard and Sceptile have beaten legends too. Greninja almost beat a champion’s Ace and Hawlucha beat a mega. He’s got options

Leonhart and World Turtle like this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't think Kiteruguma was owned by them, otherwise that'd be quite a retcon. Not that it would surprise me that much if a retcon did happen of course, but Kiteruguma is just in that toy listing because it was associated with the Rocket-dan trio in SM.

15. World Turtle

That makes sense. I hope the next couple of episodes afterwards are Ash rotating in some of his old mons while catching a few new ones in Galar. Like let's see some of his powerhouses take on TR's.

SerenaRulez and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  16. SerenaRulez

SerenaRulez Well-Known Member

Which Pokemon are your favs then, the ones in your sig? Some of them seem like good bets for Go like Rattata because they're so common. And Teddiursa's a cutie. :)

esquilo09 likes this.
  17. World Turtle

Since the DLC will include more regional forms I was thinking what if Ash's desire to get a Scyther finally happens with a Galar Form of Scyther? What typing would it be?

A Bug/Fighting Scyther that could use Sacred Sword might be pretty cool.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 2:21 AM
  18. esquilo09

Exactly, not to mention Mudsdale, Skwovet and Greedent.

19. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Hoshigarisu is one of the cutest Gen VIII Pokemon and it reminds me of Pachirisu since they're both squirrels, which makes me wonder if Hoshigarisu would act the same way if one joins the cast. As long as it wouldn't evolve, I'd be happy to see either Satoshi or Gou get one.

20. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

Bellow is a mini rant regarding the avoidance of continuity so far which I felt like sharing. Take it with a grain of salt as I'm aware that we're still very early into the series, and it's just my opinion. Nevertheless, I'm still enjoying the show, but I have a few nitpicks that I just can't ignore and I'm sure other people feel the same way.

Sly as a fly with butter in its eye.

These writers are knowingly trying to avoid references to past iterations of the show; the foundations that kick-started this episodic franchise, all whilst utilizing the already established popularity of recurring pokemon such as Piplup, Pikachu, Charizard, etc; as well as its characters.

While I'm glad that they at least acknowledge Ash's already given knowledge on pokemon that he has met before such as when recognizing and mentioning them by name, the hints are so subtle and so sly that it's easy for someone to assume that this is a first.

In my opinion, it just feels like so much effort on their part; especially in a series that's revisiting old locations.

That being said, I'm still hopeful for a few reasons; and try to see things from an objective lens in terms of what the writers are currently trying to go for.

1) Given that it's still early, they want to take this chance to develop Go's character before re-introducing the much bigger world. Therefore continuity will happen, just much later down the line.

2) They're saving recurring elements to when they decide to travel to bigger location such as Alola where they can finally re-instate that Ash is indeed the champion.

3) Continuity is already being planned and hinted at via the poster. Ex; we see a Bulbasaur bonding with a Squirtle and a Charizard situated at Ash's house.

4) I'm wrong and they're not really trying to avoid continuity per-say, more like they haven't found the right place for it yet.

5) NOPE, They're going to keep avoiding continuity like the plague and pretend like nothing ever happened and somehow pull it off. In other words we're going to go to Pewter City and not see Brock. THEY'RE GOING TO GO TO PEWTER CITY AND NOT SEE BROCK. IT'S LIKE VISITING YOUR HOMETOWN AND NOT SEEING YOUR PARENTS. Ahem, sorry don't know what happened there.

I'm also hopeful for the upcoming episode featuring Lance who's already made multiple appearances earlier during the show; although they could always avoid interaction between him and Ash; but I'll take anything at this point. Not really hopeful for the Ho-Oh episode given that it might not even appear.

SerenaRulez likes this.